2012-2013 Temple University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
for accepted students, has anyone received a financial aid award yet? If so, where did you see it. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard of any waitlist movement yet? I know a previous post had said sometime this week there should be some offers made.

I called yesterday and only asked if the waitlist was moving at all and the woman on the phone said she cannot tell me any information regarding the waitlist at all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know of students that went through Temple University post-bacc program; or is anyone applying for it this year??

I called yesterday and only asked if the waitlist was moving at all and the woman on the phone said she cannot tell me any information regarding the waitlist at all.
I received the same response when I called. According to last year's thread, it seems like the first movement occurred around 5/23, as far as we know.

Yeah last years was may 23rd I feel like this year might move a bit slower. The year before last, movement didn't start until mid June it seems...

Yeah last years was may 23rd I feel like this year might move a bit slower. The year before last, movement didn't start until mid June it seems...
Why do you think it will move slower this year?

It's mostly a gut feeling but reading previous posts it seems that they took a little bit longer with financial aid this year as well. Also looking at the waitlist/panic thread I don't remember which people in general feel like most schools have been slow but again this might only be because we are all probably anxiously staring at emails from 10 am to 5 pm haha

Does anyone know of someone coming off the wait list? Hopefully offers start going out next week if there hasnt been any movement. I have to be patient either way right? :)

Hey guys, I rescinded my spot on the wait list today, because I got into another school that I was waiting on. Good luck to those still waiting to hear! I have my fingers crossed for you all!

Have any of the accepted students received the summer reading assignment through email?

Earlier in the cycle, a few people mentioned that "up to 1/3 of the class can come from the waitlist". The 2012 and 2011 threads for Temple looked pretty bleak though.

Does anybody know how long is the school day? is it from 8 AM till 5 PM everyday?

Members don't see this ad :)
Earlier in the cycle, a few people mentioned that "up to 1/3 of the class can come from the waitlist". The 2012 and 2011 threads for Temple looked pretty bleak though.
I emailed the admissions office and the class is currently full.

So if it's currently full does that mean it is pointless to have hope for getting off the waitlist? I thought Temple was one of the schools that had a lot of movement, but I guess not. My one and only wait list, time to reapply...

When I called they couldn't give me any information about movement.

When I called they couldn't give me any information about movement.
I emailed someone higher up.

Waitlists are slow everywhere. Once other waitlists start to open up I'm sure Temple's might start moving.

Last edited:
It would be crazy to ask, but I wonder if any of the people in the temple 2017 facebook group have been accepted off the waitlist.

It would be crazy to ask, but I wonder if any of the people in the temple 2017 facebook group have been accepted off the waitlist.

You can probably ask, but you might not get any responses. And you'd be attaching your face and name to the question.

Yeah I feel like that would be odd especially since its a closed group. I guess all that can be done is wait and prepare for next cycle and hope for the best!

Does anybody know how long is the school day? is it from 8 AM till 5 PM everyday?

No way.

You are there from 8 to noon almost every day. A few blocks you might get out earlier on a few days, but they are few and far between, and I don't think they happened almost at all in second year, just first. I can't promise if they changed that since I was an MS-1, though.

Monday afternoons you have Doctoring lecture from 1-3 (some days you'll be done at 2). St. Luke's college people have their Doctoring college session from 3-5 that day. The rest of the doctoring colleges meet from 1-3 or 3-5 on Tuesdays, Wednesday or Thursday. Whatever time slot you are in MS-1, you'll be in the opposite for MS-2, but on the same day.

Rarely you'll be in after noon for a quiz or test, or some atypical Doctoring thing like an OSCE or some other things. Those can run into the evening, but they're only a few times a year.

No way.

You are there from 8 to noon almost every day. A few blocks you might get out earlier on a few days, but they are few and far between, and I don't think they happened almost at all in second year, just first. I can't promise if they changed that since I was an MS-1, though.

Monday afternoons you have Doctoring lecture from 1-3 (some days you'll be done at 2). St. Luke's college people have their Doctoring college session from 3-5 that day. The rest of the doctoring colleges meet from 1-3 or 3-5 on Tuesdays, Wednesday or Thursday. Whatever time slot you are in MS-1, you'll be in the opposite for MS-2, but on the same day.

Rarely you'll be in after noon for a quiz or test, or some atypical Doctoring thing like an OSCE or some other things. Those can run into the evening, but they're only a few times a year.

Since your transitioning into 3rd year, have you started your rotations yet?

Has anyone heard anymore news about anything? It's rather quiet in this thread

It's a little hard to believe that not a single SDN member has been accepted off of the waitlist. Maybe there will be some movement in the next couple of weeks...

Yes they said there's been minimal movement and the person I talked to said maybe I'd hear something next month. I don't have a lot of hope

That makes me sad, I guess at least some movement is better than none... Continued optimism...?

That makes me sad, I guess at least some movement is better than none... Continued optimism...?

Not being pessimistic. I think there is always hope, but compared to other schools I am waitlisted at, I wouldn't be crossing my fingers for Temple. Other schools have had a lot more movement than Temple, and there are still a ton of people waiting to hear. Definitely get those applications in if you don't have any other schools you are waiting on.

Talked to my pre-health adviser earlier today. She said she recently spoke with someone at the Temple admissions office and they said they've currently got enough (if not a couple extra) accepted applicants. I'm not throwing in the towel yet, but the ref's started counting and it's unlikely I'll make it to my feet.

Last year Penn State over-accepted students and had to offer several (I forgot the number <10) a full ride for two years if they delayed med school for a year.

I was notified I was accepted by email in late March and a week later had the dean call me to say they made a mistake and they have to put me on the waitlist. I wasn't given a full explanation of what the mistake was, and they could not tell me where I was on the waitlist. It was presented as a done deal - sorry but the email (and several follow ups) were errors. They did not send out an acceptance letter by snail mail. I got the waitlist letter about a month later.

I am not holding out hope of coming off the waitlist although it would be an amazing dream come true, because I love Temple. I get the feeling, as several others have said, that they are over-enrolled and have probably been for since before May 15th.

Best of luck to everyone. I hope some of us get in. You can always hope! :)

Wow, that is pretty horrible. Sorry that happened to you. I feel the same way about Temple and it's a shame that the waitlist hasn't moved at all this year.

Just called. There's been very little movement and "Nothing is going anywhere anytime soon."

Hey guys. congrats on those who got in! I have some rooms available in my house in south philly. I recently had 2 dental school students living with me but they graduated recently and went back home. Very convenient for non-drivers - train station 2 short block walk away. 15 minute ride to school. Clean and completely furnished house. new washer/dryer. Each room already has a bed/desk/book shelf. I also have pics of the house so PM me if you're interested. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.