**2012 Acceptance Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey ya'll, has any one heard from catholic post interview? all i see is a person or two on the wait list. any offers?

I was offered a spot at catholic on feb. 24th. I got a call from the dct. He said they still didn't know about funding and I still haven't heard anything about that so I think they're probably still working things out. Pm me if you'd like to know my POI. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone else heard from VCU Clinical PhD besides Langberg/Jones lab??

I too am waiting to hear back. I heard Dr. Jones has already contacted someone. as for Dr. Langberg.... gosh, I hope he let's us know soon. I haven't heard anything from him since my interview. I've been accepted elsewhere and I'm beginning to lean that way rather than VCU since it's taking so long. bummer.

Best of luck to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I too am waiting to hear back. I heard Dr. Jones has already contacted someone. as for Dr. Langberg.... gosh, I hope he let's us know soon. I haven't heard anything from him since my interview. I've been accepted elsewhere and I'm beginning to lean that way rather than VCU since it's taking so long. bummer.

Best of luck to you!

I contacted VCU March 9th after not having heard anything either way (interviewed mid-February). I was told that offers from certain labs had not been extended yet. I waited another week prior to accepting an offer from another program. Admittedly, waiting a month and not hearing anything turned me off a bit.

On a positive note - I am VERY excited to be headed to BGSU this fall!!! :D

Best of luck to you!

Thanks! Any word from Langberg??

Thanks! Any word from Langberg??

Actually, yes! Emailed him yesterday and he got back to me today saying that he offered someone else the position and they accepted. Congrats to them! Excited about heading to U of Louisville this Fall!! :)

Has anyone heard a peep from them yet? It's about a week past when they said they were going to say something and still not a word on here or TGC.

TIA

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, sorry if this is a duplicate but I haven't seen anything yet. Has anyone heard from Kent State University? Interviews were Feb 9th & Feb 24th. I haven't seen anything on here or TGC

Accepted into Rutgers School Psychology psyd this morning.

Has anyone heard from IIT (Illinois Institute for Technology)? The interview was March 9th. Thanks!

Has anyone heard from Notre Dame clinical phd? The interview was on Feb 10th and I haven't heard a word. They said they were going to take awhile to get back to us but this is just absurd. Pretty much figuring it's a rejection/waitlist but I'm curious if anyone HAS heard from them post-interview.

Hi everyone,

I will update the list tonight, but in the meantime, these are the ones I've gotten in PMs since last update:

University of Maryland's Developmental PhD
George Washington University Psyd

I'll provide you with the detailed information tonight :)

Actually, yes! Emailed him yesterday and he got back to me today saying that he offered someone else the position and they accepted. Congrats to them! Excited about heading to U of Louisville this Fall!! :)

Congrats! I applied to UofL and I know how very competitive it had been to get into their program :D

Any one hear anything from Hofstra Clinical PhD?

List is updated, although not too many new additions, particularly since much of the information I received lacked in information, so here are some questions...:

Accepted to Adelphi!

What type of program? How, when, and by whom?

I was offered a spot at catholic on feb. 24th. I got a call from the dct. He said they still didn't know about funding and I still haven't heard anything about that so I think they're probably still working things out. Pm me if you'd like to know my POI. Good luck!

Is this clinical PhD or something else?

Just heard from U Montana...1st alternate on waitlist...bummer, still some hope though i guess

Is this clinical PhD or something else?

The offer from Catholic is for clinical psych PhD

Someone posted on TGC earlier that St Johns Clinical PhD would be extending offers today (the post has since been taken down) ...does anyone know anything about this??

Program: LaSalle University PsyD Clinical Psychology
Method of Notification: E-mail
Date: 3/21/12

Program: Nova Southeastern University PsyD Clinical Psychology
Date 3/21/12

So excited! :)

Program: Nova Southeastern University PsyD Clinical Psychology
Date 3/21/12

Accepted into Forensic Concentration.

I haven't seen anything posted about this program....anyone here apply and/or accept?

Program: Wichita State University Clinical Psy PhD
Method of Notification: Phone call from DCT
Date 3/21/12

Accepted to Seton Hall Counseling PhD, call from POI tonight

Program: Wichita State University Clinical Psy PhD
Method of Notification: Phone call from DCT
Date 3/21/12

Congrats! Did you get in off the waitlist? I'm first alternative for a school too...keeping my finger's crossed! I was excited to see you got in...maybe there's hope for me too :)

Congrats! Did you get in off the waitlist? I'm first alternative for a school too...keeping my finger's crossed! I was excited to see you got in...maybe there's hope for me too :)

Thanks! I did get in off the alternate list so there's definitely hope for you. My current advisor even told me that "being first alternate is a great place to be." Good luck!

Accepted to Clinical Psychology Psy.D. programs:

Roosevelt University 3/21/12
DU 3/16/12
Nova Southeastern 3/21/12

Yay!!!

I contacted VCU March 9th after not having heard anything either way (interviewed mid-February). I was told that offers from certain labs had not been extended yet. I waited another week prior to accepting an offer from another program. Admittedly, waiting a month and not hearing anything turned me off a bit.

On a positive note - I am VERY excited to be headed to BGSU this fall!!! :D

I am also headed to BGSU this fall!! Congrats!

I can finally post on here..

St. John's
Clinical PhD
Phone call from DCT
Doctoral Fellowship.

Pretty much in shock right now. Couldn't be happier!

I can finally post on here..

St. John's
Clinical PhD
Phone call from DCT
Doctoral Fellowship.

Pretty much in shock right now. Couldn't be happier!

Would you mind sharing if it was to the adult or child track? Thanks!

Accepted to Teachers College, Columbia University masters program. (Although I applied to Ph.D.)

Accepted to Nova Southeastern University Psy.D.
Personalized E-mail on 03/21

Hi all,
I am wondering if anyone out there has any experience/ thoughts about CW Post's PsyD program. I really liked it when I visited: everyone I talked to seemed really happy, the professors were passionate and enthusiastic and painted a very rosy picture of the program and how their students fared in terms of externship placements and internship. I also liked their dual emphasis on CBT and psychodynamic training. My concern, however, is with what I am seeing all over these boards with regard to PsyD programs and their cost, the bleak outlook for internships and how some of them are psychologist-mills and not very well respected. I am having trouble figuring out where CW Post falls on this spectrum and if people who have chosen it/ have not chosen if can provide any insight or are happy with their decisions.

Thanks so much in advance, you guys are the best!!