2012 DAT destroyer outdated?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TexasDental2014

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I will be retaking my DAT next summer and I was wondering if I would have to update my DAT destroyer to the 2014 version? I have the 2012 version and I was told they rarely change.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

no need to update, they just have more questions on the new verions. The thing is if you master all the questions in any of the verions of destroyer, you will be golden for the DAT.

no need to update, they just have more questions on the new verions. The thing is if you master all the questions in any of the verions of destroyer, you will be golden for the DAT.

Than is true. All version of QR are same. All version of OC is totally different. All version of GC and BIO have big difference. (NOTE: I checked all versions from 2010 to 2013. I did not check the version before these).

Although they have big difference, the knowledge that the questions covered are almost same. They just put the knowledge with new question.

So, read old versions are not that bad. Of course, if you read all version, that will be much better :) I am not kidding, I read three versions 2010, 2011, and 2013.

If you have time and money, read 2012 and 2013/2014 will give you more practices on the same knowledge.

Last edited:
Dude, I used 2008 destroyer for my DAT earlier this year and I got 25 AA. If you have 2012 you are golden. Don't waste your money at this early stage, cause apps and travel are expensive !!

Members don't see this ad :)
This sounds great. However, the new problems keep coming up on the DAT with new topics. I think, if you have almost a year before take the test, many new questions will come up on the new topics. So, an updated version of the book may be a good idea.