2012 Nontrad Applicants' Progress Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Progress: somehow a 31 MCAT and a 3.56 from UMich (+ very strong rest of application) got me screened out presecondary at Wayne State.................interesting.
 
So, no email on Friday, which was immensely depressing.

However, there was a rather large envelope in the mailbox this afternoon - ACCEPTANCE!!!

I'll be starting MCW in August 2012, possibly on my 31st birthday. :soexcited:

What a way to start a new decade. 😀

That's great!! Congratulations! And you'll have almost a year to relax before school 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats, PostHaste! 😀

I just got accepted to AZCOM. Now I can relax finally. I don't have to move next year. I don't have to be away from my husband. Life is good.
 
Why? I say enjoy the time while you've got it because who knows when you'll get it again after school starts😀

I know it's going to suck not having a real income and constantly living under the threat of failure, but I can't say I'll enjoy the wait. I'm ready to be done with this job already!
 
Why? I say enjoy the time while you've got it because who knows when you'll get it again after school starts😀

I know it's going to suck not having a real income and constantly living under the threat of failure, but I can't say I'll enjoy the wait. I'm ready to be done with this job already!

^ Basically. Also, not unlike this line of reasoning:

[YOUTUBE]-kbfbkZajM4[/YOUTUBE]
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! I really wonder why you were screened out by Wayne........ you certainly don't have low stats. Are you a Michigan resident, or are you technically OOS?

Thank you!! Yup, born and bred in Detroit 🙄 Idk, I subscribe to the notion that everything happens for a reason. I've never really been too fond of Wayne--it's just not a school for me, so I'm not too disheveled by it. I am really curious though ha.