2012 UC Davis coordinated-PRS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

afreakforjc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all! I was asked by my program director to make an announcement on the PRS-website du jour for the coordinated/integrated plastic surgery residency for 2012 -- which, I take it, is on SDN this year.

UC Davis is accepting applications for the 2012 ERAS match for a coordinated 6-year position. There will be one position available. I myself am in my last year of residency at UCD through the coordinated position.

The notice from UCD went out later than usual because of the confusion about the termination about the coordinated position (as opposed to integrated). Suffice to say, as it stands now, UC Davis will be offering a coordinated position through to the 2016 match.

Note, this is a coordinated, not an integrated spot -- meaning that you will be a general surgery resident for 3 full years, under the auspices of the GS RRC and GS PD. Assuming satisfactory completion of 3 years of GS (which is never a concern), you will matriculate into 3 year of PS. I'll leave it to others to debate the pros/cons of coordinated vs. integrated. Suffice to say, I was well trained during both my GS and PS years.

Interviews offers have not yet been extended. The UCD PS PD is allowing more time for applications to come through, for those who are interested.

Best of luck to you all!

~dh

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, what is the deadline for ERAS submissions? Have invitations gone out yet?

Thanks!