2012: Where am I going for residency thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oldbearprofessor

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings to those awaiting some piece of paper tomorrow that will change your life forever. ;)

Please use this thread to tell us where you match on March 16th. If you are too concerned about using your usual user name for this (why?) then, I hereby dispose you to make a new account for the sole purpose of posting your match on the thread. Let the SDN pedi contacts thrive!

As in the past, if you matched at "my" institution, and it is posted on this thread, you will receive a PM from me welcoming you to "my" institution.

Also, please remember, both on SDN and the real world, that, even in pedi, not everyone matches or matches where they "want" to go. I got my third choice (30 years ago...) and it worked out fine. But, it is okay to be unhappy with your match. It will work out, but, that doesn't mean you don't have a right to be upset if you don't get what you want.

In any case, I look forward to hearing from all the lurkers and regulars tomorrow.

Last year's thread
for those interested.

Buena suerte, G'luck, bonne chance, etc to you all!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Well i'll be glad to start this off...I prematched at cincinnati children's :D

Looking fwd to any future co-interns here!

Members don't see this ad :)
First of all congratulations to everyone matching, hope you'll all be excited about where you're going!
I feel incredibly blessed having prematched at what would otherwise have been number 1 on my match list. I'll be going to CHKD/EVMS next year, and I really hope to see some of my fellow SDN'ers there!

Have fun celebrating tomorrow!

Congrats to everyone! I will be applying to Peds next year so I am excited to see how to process went for everyone this year.

Hey guys, sorry if this is a dumb question, but I haven't heard of a prematch. How does that work? Thanks!

Hey guys, sorry if this is a dumb question, but I haven't heard of a prematch. How does that work? Thanks!

For DOs/IMGs. Will essentially be non existent starting next year.

Texas Children's/Baylor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats everyone! Anyone care to post stats/activities/importance of honoring/advice for clueless 3rd years?

I will be at Cincinnati Children's. Could not be more thrilled. This really was the perfect program for me and I am so excited for the next three years of my life.

Members don't see this ad :)
Another one for Cincinnati Children's! It's my number one and perfect fit. So excited! Looking forward to meeting you co-interns :)

Joining you guys at Cincinnati Children's Hospital !!! Can't believe this is real....

Congrats everyone! Hello to my future co-residents at Cincinnati Children's, I'm currently a 2nd year at Cincinnati and could not be happier with my decision to come here.

University of New Mexico :hardy::soexcited:

Hello and congrats! I,m a recent grad of Cinci Children's and now am an attending. Feel free to PM with questions

Matched at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, my #1 choice!

Matched at Vanderbilt -- so excited I got my first choice!! Oh, and swim2006? I know one of your co-interns...you're going to love him!

Congrats everyone! Anyone care to post stats/activities/importance of honoring/advice for clueless 3rd years?

Ditto, or for those students starting 4th year soon?

Matched at my first choice, UT Houston!

Texas Childrens Hospital!!! I cant wait!!

Wow, lots of Cinci people - one of my classmates is going there too :)

I'm going to UCLA, my #1!

LOL...they took us there after dinner and I just can't wait to have some more !!!!

Coming from a former Cinci resident...Between the Graeter's and all the free conference and on-call food, you will easily pack on 30-lbs during your 3-year residency.

I do not recommend Cinci chili though (GoldStar, Skyline, etc). It has a strange blend of cinnamon+chocolate, that does not taste like "real" chili if you're used to Tex-Mex.

:welcome:

Going to the University of Rochester, and so pleased as it was my 1st choice.

I have been in Utah for the past 7 years, and my husband has been living in upstate NY for the past 5. This takes us from 2000 miles apart to 90 miles apart. I could not be more excited.

I'm packing up for Inova Fairfax, my 1st choice. I can't wait to get started. This program seemed to have the happiest bunch of residents and a good reputation for sending residents to fellowships.:D

A little late, I know, but I'm another one for Cincinnati Children's!! My number one and absolutely the best place for me. So excited! Congrats, everyone. :)