You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Application Status - Schools, Interviews and Acceptance
Started by cohedo
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hm, how is that even possible if they haven't sent the applications out yet?
That's exactly what I thought! But then I received it from the others too!
Thats cool, they must have some secret way of uploading them haha
I just submitted two days ago so I have no idea how normal that is
I just submitted two days ago so I have no idea how normal that is
I applied to all those schools that you mentioned in your post along with others.
cGPA/sGPA
3.39c / 3.5s
MCAT Score
23 / 19 / 22
MD doctors shadowed (roughly 75hours)
DO doctor shadowed (roughly 20 hours)
Out of country 400hours of volunteering. Childrens hospital 200hours.
Also, which form of communication did those schools use? If email, would you care posting the email while blocking out your personal info?
cGPA/sGPA
3.39c / 3.5s
MCAT Score
23 / 19 / 22
MD doctors shadowed (roughly 75hours)
DO doctor shadowed (roughly 20 hours)
Out of country 400hours of volunteering. Childrens hospital 200hours.
Also, which form of communication did those schools use? If email, would you care posting the email while blocking out your personal info?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied to all those schools that you mentioned in your post along with others.
cGPA/sGPA
3.39c / 3.5s
MCAT Score
23 / 19 / 22
MD doctors shadowed (roughly 75hours)
DO doctor shadowed (roughly 20 hours)
Out of country 400hours of volunteering. Childrens hospital 200hours.
Also, which form of communication did those schools use? If email, would you care posting the email while blocking out your personal info?
I will post the emails as soon as I get done with my patient today. I should be finished by 530 ET. Long long day, but I am in the car on the way to work now!
The email from Temple actually gave detailed info, interviews Monday and Friday, hotel stay for two days, and that they sent a paper packet via USPS. The update emails are very short and say something along the lines of, "we have received your application materials and are thrilled to be one of your School choices. Your application is currently under review and I look forward to updating you in the near future!"
I also don't plan on reading anything into them until I receive confirmation from aacpmas that they really did send them out.
Are everyone's interviews being offered for sept/oct time frame? I am just curious how much notice you get at this part of the cycle.
Are everyone's interviews being offered for sept/oct time frame? I am just curious how much notice you get at this part of the cycle.
They just say to call to schedule. But, I believe September.
They just say to call to schedule. But, I believe September.
So the schools allow us to set the interview dates?
At least yeah. For example, they said they l interview Mondays and Fridays. So, I assume you find out when from them.
yep, temple does Monday and Friday. NY does Mon, tues, wed, I believe.
Cohedo, when are you thinking of going?
Ill probably shoot for midseptember. I don't have any patients scheduled around then and the PI is out of town on vacation! Ha! How about you?
Hi everyone! I just sent in my application! Temple, Iowa, Barry, NYCPM, AZPOD, and Western! 🙂
cGPA: 3.6
sGPA: 3.67
MCAT: 25
I cheered competitively through out college and I am treasurer for the team.
I also have 200 hours coaching competitive cheerleading.
I have 200 hours at a soup kitchen and 100 hours at a hospital, as well as 100 hours in research.
I also do some random things like volunteer at an animal hospital during my spare time and I had an internship at a medical school.
Good luck to everyone!!! 😀
cGPA: 3.6
sGPA: 3.67
MCAT: 25
I cheered competitively through out college and I am treasurer for the team.
I also have 200 hours coaching competitive cheerleading.
I have 200 hours at a soup kitchen and 100 hours at a hospital, as well as 100 hours in research.
I also do some random things like volunteer at an animal hospital during my spare time and I had an internship at a medical school.
Good luck to everyone!!! 😀
Last edited:
Yep, mine has today's date.Our applications should be mailed out by AACPMAS today, if yours has been verified. Does anyone's AACPMAS tell them the mailing date?
Sweet--mine just got updated as well.Yep, mine has today's date.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sweet--mine just got updated as well.
Mine as well!
My status is now, "Mailed!" Way to go, AACPMAS! Let's hope for the best!!!!Sweet--mine just got updated as well.
So does anyone have any idea how long it takes for the schools to contact you for interviews after your app has been mailed?My status is now, "Mailed!" Way to go, AACPMAS! Let's hope for the best!!!!
I
itsallgood19
My app was mailed but my status didn't change (it still says "verified").
Hmmm. My status says "mailed" as well.My app was mailed but my status didn't change (it still says "verified").
So does anyone have any idea how long it takes for the schools to contact you for interviews after your app has been mailed?
I think it may depend on the school with the larger ones probably contacting you much sooner than the smaller ones. This is pure speculation though.
So far, only heard from Temple, and an application update from New York. I'm going to guess that BIH91's speculation is probably accurate.So does anyone have any idea how long it takes for the schools to contact you for interviews after your app has been mailed?
Click the tab that says 'programs'...it should say 'mailed' with a mailing date...My app was mailed but my status didn't change (it still says "verified").
I
itsallgood19
Yeah it shows a mailing status as "mailed" but on the home screen right after you log in the status says "verified." Is this the case for most of you, or did both statuses change to "mailed"?
I believe it's via e-mail and then postal mail. Temple e-mailed me, so far. I assume places haven't gotten around to doing this yet though.How do the schools let us know that weare invited for an interview or rejected or anything like that?
Yes, same thing for us as well.Yeah it shows a mailing status as "mailed" but on the home screen right after you log in the status says "verified." Is this the case for most of you, or did both statuses change to "mailed"?
I
itsallgood19
Yes, same thing for us as well.
Okay sweet!
I got an email from Temple yesterday, and interview there Sept. 20. Also I got an update from New York today. I still haven't sent my LOR's to any of the schools though.
http://www.nycpm.edu/faq.asp
Do you know what email we send the letters to via Interfolio?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On interfolio, if you select the New York College of Podiatric Medicine, there is an automatic address it would send to...I'm not sure if you are only trying to send it in electronically rather than via the mailing address that interfolio would automatically send it to..
On interfolio, if you select the New York College of Podiatric Medicine, there is an automatic address it would send to...I'm not sure if you are only trying to send it in electronically rather than via the mailing address that interfolio would automatically send it to..
Ah, I got it! thanks a bunch
I applied on August 24th and got "verified" notice at 5:20pm today. Now I assume I will wait a little longer for the mailing and this next week will be long since I am expecting my MCAT score to come in next week.
I just hope that these pod schools observe that I have 26 to 29 credits of 420+ level classes. That is my biggest worry that all they will look at is the GPA and not the difficulty of a course.
I just hope that these pod schools observe that I have 26 to 29 credits of 420+ level classes. That is my biggest worry that all they will look at is the GPA and not the difficulty of a course.
I dont know the email. My undergrad university (BYU) is sending my letters in a packet. They're just waiting for one last letter from a podiatrist that I shadowed before they send them off.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 381
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 164
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 4K