2013-2014 Panic Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SilverCat

The Friendly Reapp Cat
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just here to attempt to resurrect the Panic Thread tradition for another cycle. Use this space to vent about your app cycle, interviews, wait lists, or life in general while applying.

Members don't see this ad.

Goddamn it, I submitted my primary 5 minutes ago to Harvard and still don't have the secondary. Do you think they do silent rejections????

:p

Good luck to all the reapps in this thread. Right here alongside you.

Reactions: 1 user
I have my app ready to go, but I'm afraid of submitting it. I am constantly looking over my app to try to find small mistakes. Ahhh

Members don't see this ad :)
I know it's crazy, but I still think there's a chance I might come up as a misdemeanor in something. Not paying some bills for a while or cited for speeding occasionally aren't misdemeanors (I think!) but still playing with my mind. Arghhh

I'm fairly sure that even if you did you could explain it and be alright.

Goddamn it, I submitted my primary 5 minutes ago to Harvard and still don't have the secondary. Do you think they do silent rejections????

Good luck to all the reapps in this thread. Right here alongside you.

thanks! good luck to all my fellow reapps as well. :luck:

Paranoid I had a mistake on my application even though I checked it 5 times :p

I know it's crazy, but I still think there's a chance I might come up as a misdemeanor in something. Not paying some bills for a while or cited for speeding occasionally aren't misdemeanors (I think!) but still playing with my mind. Arghhh

I wouldn't worry about that. If it's something you can't remember doing, it probably is not that important. It's only things you can remember, like DUIs, drug charges, or stints in jail for unwanted public display, that will cause some raised eyebrows.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

(submitted 11 minutes ago. WHERE ARE MY ACCEPTANCES?!)

Members don't see this ad :)
My heart is already beating like crazy. This is going to be a VERY long process :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

My school's actually been uncharacteristically helpful and sent my transcript earlier than I thought they would (June 7th), but I'm still scared that AAMC won't receive it until, like the 14th and that it'll take forever for my submitted application to be verified.

My school's actually been uncharacteristically helpful and sent my transcript earlier than I thought they would (June 7th), but I'm still scared that AAMC won't receive it until, like the 14th and that it'll take forever for my submitted application to be verified.

There's always next year.

My heart is already beating like crazy. This is going to be a VERY long process :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

haha you have NO idea what you're potentially in for. Hopefully it will be over as soon as possible for you. wouldn't it be AMAZING if I got off one of my WL today

My heart is already beating like crazy. This is going to be a VERY long process :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::scared::scared:

Try to think of the earliest when you could be done: October 15. That means four months from now it could all be over. :)

haha you have NO idea what you're potentially in for. Hopefully it will be over as soon as possible for you. wouldn't it be AMAZING if I got off one of my WL today

Thanks man. This process is horrible. I think it makes us even more competitive with each other than necessary. I really do hope you get that coveted phone call from your WL (one reason being so that I dont have to compete with you this application cycle :p:p)

If people are already panicking, the next year is going to be hell.

:laugh: Are we already getting on the panic train!?!?!

Hopefully, submitting an hour late can still get me verified before the 28th. :p

Clicked on this thread thinking it was the 2012-2013 one...well might as well make this home now.

damn already, panic initiated earlier than I wanted it. I won't be submitting til after my spring grades are in because of quarter system. Guess I should wait til next year :scared:

Only a small improvement from my last cycle
Hopefully an earlier application and better essays make the difference :(

How much improvement in your application is necessary when you reapply?
If I were applying for the first time, I would have a pretty competitive app but I'm actually reapplying and there's only a small difference from last time
Is the strength of the standalone application the important thing or is the difference between the two applications more important?

Last edited:
Only a small improvement from my last cycle
Hopefully an earlier application and better essays make the difference :(

Yeah, man, you definitely got this this time! You're applying when schools have way more interview spots available, so barring an unprecedented increase in the number/competitiveness of applicants, your odds are way better!

was gonna apply MD/PhD until a few weeks ago, and my clinical experience is looking pretty paltry because of it. hoping to not get pre-screened from anywhere based on clinical hours

:[

Submitted! But my post-bac transcript isn't even being mailed out until today :( :( Here's hoping I'll somehow still get verified by the 28th against all odds!?!?

Submitted! But my post-bac transcript isn't even being mailed out until today :( :( Here's hoping I'll somehow still get verified by the 28th against all odds!?!?

My transcript wasn't received until three days after the first submission day, and I was among the first verified on the 28th. I don't get why people are so worried this cycle about submitting 1 or 2 days after the first date. You're still very early.

I've been working on this app for a while now, but I am too nervous to submit it! I am also constantly switching between med schools that I am not sure if I should apply to.. Would it be okay if I submit today but only include like 7 schools that I know for a fact I am applying to and then add the rest throughout the month of June (before schools get it on the 28th if I am verified by then)? The AMCAS says you can add more schools after you submit, but it says there is a fee involved and I am wondering if this is a new fee on top of the $35 per school fee haha

My transcript wasn't received until three days after the first submission day, and I was among the first verified on the 28th. I don't get why people are so worried this cycle about submitting 1 or 2 days after the first date. You're still very early.
Are people more worried this year than last? For me, it's just in my nature unfortunately, though it seems that way for a lot of people haha!

Are people more worried this year than last? For me, it's just in my nature unfortunately, though it seems that way for a lot of people haha!

It definitely seems like the neurosis has gone up several notches since last cycle. Granted, when I realized I forgot to send my transcripts last cycle before submitting, and thought I would be late, I had an hour-long morning breakdown in my kitchen, so I shouldn't talk.

It definitely seems like the neurosis has gone up several notches since last cycle. Granted, when I realized I forgot to send my transcripts last cycle before submitting, and thought I would be late, I had an hour-long morning breakdown in my kitchen, so I shouldn't talk.
hahah--that sounds like something I'd do! But it all worked out in the end??

I've been working on this app for a while now, but I am too nervous to submit it! I am also constantly switching between med schools that I am not sure if I should apply to.. Would it be okay if I submit today but only include like 7 schools that I know for a fact I am applying to and then add the rest throughout the month of June (before schools get it on the 28th if I am verified by then)? The AMCAS says you can add more schools after you submit, but it says there is a fee involved and I am wondering if this is a new fee on top of the $35 per school fee haha
I'm not sure how the extra fee works, so I can't help with that... but, do you need some advice deciding on schools? How many do you have now and how many do you want to end up with? Also, waiting a few days from now to submit is fine, too!

I'm awful at reading into sarcasm; please tell me that you're not serious. As per the thread, I am panicking.
I am willing to bet that he/she was being sarcastic! You'll be totally fine... my school isn't sending out the transcripts until today and I've been told by many people to calm down :)

I'm not sure how the extra fee works, so I can't help with that... but, do you need some advice deciding on schools? How many do you have now and how many do you want to end up with? Also, waiting a few days from now to submit is fine, too!

I have posted a few times in What are my chances? to get some help but even then, I just have a really hard time bringing my list down haha. I am striving for 20-25 schools but every time I look at my list, I add more and take off others and repeat the process. I have a hard time taking off the ones that are not OOS friendly that I really want to go to (e.g. Colorado, Washington, etc.) so I want a little bit more time to decide. Since I am a CA resident, the 7 that I have on there that I know for a fact I am going to apply to are the CA schools.

Does anyone know where that graph which lists date verified versus chance acceptance is located?

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to send a shout-out to any fellow brethren who are also in the quarter system and have to deal with AMCAS/transcript insanity on top of finals and moving. *Hugs*

And I wasn't as worried about the fact that I would be submitting a few days later, until I realized when my transcripts would get in, and how many people were ready to submit this morning D:

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to send a shout-out to any fellow brethren who are also in the quarter system and have to deal with AMCAS/transcript insanity on top of finals and moving. *Hugs*

And I wasn't as worried about the fact that I would be submitting a few days later, until I realized when my transcripts would get in, and how many people were ready to submit this morning D:

Don't worry too much. I doubt you have to submit on the first day to be among the first verified. I think you have a grace period of up to five days to get everything in to be in that first batch.

Hey everyone!

Me too :( When were yours sent by your school?

I'm in the same boat. I've had my personal statement ready to go for a week or so. Now that I'm supposed to submit I feel like it's terrible.

I'm in the same boat. I've had my personal statement ready to go for a week or so. Now that I'm supposed to submit I feel like it's terrible.
Your personal statement? I bet it's not terrible! Have you had enough people look it over? At some point you just gotta go for it though

Hey guys, does veriffication begin after all transcripts are received and Marked or just after received? I know there is a delay in which they receive transcripts and when they will email you saying they have them.

I'm still missing 4 transcripts from being marked complete, I sent them between May 24th and June 5th

Hey guys, does veriffication begin after all transcripts are received and Marked or just after received? I know there is a delay in which they receive transcripts and when they will email you saying they have them.

I'm still missing 4 transcripts from being marked complete, I sent them between May 24th and June 5th

Ur transcript has to be marked received. In your case i think it'll be around June 20 when they're all marked...so you'll be verified around mid July I think

Still need to schedule my committee interview (who knows when the next open date will be) and it will be another month before they send out the letter

Still have to get my transcripts sent out... so another few weeks

Still have to get FAP verified (didn't realized I didn't submit my app... 15 days wasted)

**** guys