2013 Match Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Superpsych

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wow I am surprised at how many filled. Even the inferior programs filled. SOAP was a death sentence for Psych.

Members don't see this ad.

Wow I am surprised at how many filled. Even the inferior programs filled. SOAP was a death sentence for Psych.

inferior programs typically fill....because they know they have a difficult time attracting decent people and rank accordingly....

Members don't see this ad :)
30 unfilled slots is what we had last year , too.

Ranking "weaker" applicant ahead of better applicants is the incorrect approach to the Match. It is to the advantage of both programs and the applicant to put their optimal choices first.

inferior programs typically fill....because they know they have a difficult time attracting decent people and rank accordingly....

Yes I have seen you post this about 50 times :)

What does the rank list have to do with filling? Unless you're talking about who they invite for interviews.

What does the rank list have to do with filling? Unless you're talking about who they invite for interviews.

He is always saying that they invite a bunch of awful applicants and rank them to fill no matter what

I'm always curious to see the list... took a while for the last one to leak. It's always strange because the reputations of the places not filling are always all over the place.