You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-15 cycle rant thread
Started by Shinobiz11
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
oh damn! don't beat yourself up about and I would suggest keeping yourself busy. I am still in the process of applying but I am dreading the waiting already hehhe
best thing to do is forget about
best thing to do is forget about
Here's a rant I just thought of just before you posted this. Do you ever feel frustrated with your relationship to SDN? I thoroughly enjoy being on SDN and taking a break from writing secondaries, yet when I go on SDN I end up telling myself "you need to write secondaries!". It's a cyclical process that just tears me apart.
I usually end up playing guitar or watching Travel Channel. Bizarre Foods is such an awesome show!
I usually end up playing guitar or watching Travel Channel. Bizarre Foods is such an awesome show!
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Here's a rant I just thought of just before you posted this. Do you ever feel frustrated with your relationship to SDN? I thoroughly enjoy being on SDN and taking a break from writing secondaries, yet when I go on SDN I end up telling myself "you need to write secondaries!". It's a cyclical process that just tears me apart.
I usually end up playing guitar or watching Travel Channel. Bizarre Foods is such an awesome show!
I'm on here too much. I just browse the unreads.
I use to watch Bizarre Foods and Anthony Bourdain so much. Now it just makes me depressed that I'll never get to go any of those places and try all those awesome things.
II from Marian just now. So excited!
II from Marian just now. So excited!
Hey this is a ranting thread no good news here!!!! /s
Just submitted now I gotta wait for forever to get verified... hurry the eff up!!!!!!
Hey this is a ranting thread no good news here!!!! /s
My thread, my rules!
Haha in hindsight, I should have called it the "chat thread"
Just submitted now I gotta wait for forever to get verified... hurry the eff up!!!!!!
Don't worry it will come soon, start prewriting your secondaries though
Here's a rant - 3-6 weeks for verification does not mean over 6 weeks. Everyday I feel that my hair is getting grayer!
Congrats on the II - maybe I'll get lucky and see you there?
Congrats on the II - maybe I'll get lucky and see you there?
Here's a rant - 3-6 weeks for verification does not mean over 6 weeks. Everyday I feel that my hair is getting grayer!
Congrats on the II - maybe I'll get lucky and see you there?
Omg same. This honestly has been the death of me
Even though I submitted ~15+ secondaries, I only have one II (from LECOM-E) because my school's health committee hasn't sent my letters yet!
They guarantee 6 week delivery from verification of primary which was 7/26 for me. Now, the 6 week is up on 9/9. I am getting automated email from schools saying my secondaries aren't complete due to my letter. I am waiting for a DO to upload a letter on interfolio too. Am I allowed to sue my school's health (hpec) committee if they don't get it done by 9/9?
I mean, there is 1 week left and they better get that **** done. I got all my letters collected (5, except a DO I shadowed in August) in MAY!!!
They guarantee 6 week delivery from verification of primary which was 7/26 for me. Now, the 6 week is up on 9/9. I am getting automated email from schools saying my secondaries aren't complete due to my letter. I am waiting for a DO to upload a letter on interfolio too. Am I allowed to sue my school's health (hpec) committee if they don't get it done by 9/9?
I mean, there is 1 week left and they better get that **** done. I got all my letters collected (5, except a DO I shadowed in August) in MAY!!!
who knew interview shopping would be so annoying. to pocket square or not?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
who knew interview shopping would be so annoying. to pocket square or not?
I hate shopping also.
Anyone else have verification problems also?
Okay so i submitted around 15 secondaries and have been complete in most schools since august. Only one II and a rejection from campbell presecondary. It is now September and I am checking my email at 24/7 with no luck. Should I be worried? The whole point of applying early was to hear back early before the applicant rush.
Okay so i submitted around 15 secondaries and have been complete in most schools since august. Only one II and a rejection from campbell presecondary. It is now September and I am checking my email at 24/7 with no luck. Should I be worried? The whole point of applying early was to hear back early before the applicant rush.
I'm same boat as you. One ii, one rejection, lots of silence. Complete early/mid august. What were your stats?
It's still early. Schools have just selected high stat students or ones within the region or ones that really fit the school's mission. There will be many more IIs to come. I wouldn't worry just yet.Okay so i submitted around 15 secondaries and have been complete in most schools since august. Only one II and a rejection from campbell presecondary. It is now September and I am checking my email at 24/7 with no luck. Should I be worried? The whole point of applying early was to hear back early before the applicant rush.
I hate shopping also.
Anyone else have verification problems also?
I may just have a hemorrhagic stroke if I have to wait any longer for verification. It's now well over 6 weeks - time is tissue...and open seats.
I'm same boat as you. One ii, one rejection, lots of silence. Complete early/mid august. What were your stats?
3.2/3.2/27 Upward trend/Good EC's with alot of volunteer hours and hands on experience including being an MA & Research (2 pubs working on 3rd) for last 3 years. What was your rejection?
It's still early. Schools have just selected high stat students or ones within the region or ones that really fit the school's mission. There will be many more IIs to come. I wouldn't worry just yet.
Sure hope so, I applied to graduate with no solid backup plan yet because I cannot find one that would suit my needs to higher my gpa and put bread on the table at the same time.. sigh. Thanks for your reply.
3.2/3.2/27 Upward trend/Good EC's with alot of volunteer hours and hands on experience including being an MA & Research (2 pubs working on 3rd) for last 3 years. What was your rejection?
Rvu axed me. 3.5 sgpa/3.3cgpa/3.9 pbgpa 30 mcat here.
Rvu axed me. 3.5 sgpa/3.3cgpa/3.9 pbgpa 30 mcat here.
Those are great stats man i'm sure you'll get lots of II's!
I may just have a hemorrhagic stroke if I have to wait any longer for verification. It's now well over 6 weeks - time is tissue...and open seats.
Over 6 weeks also
Over 6 weeks also
Yeah there was so much going on two weeks ago but now it's complete silence. Two II's so far.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile
Soo frustrating!!!Yeah there was so much going on two weeks ago but now it's complete silence. Two II's so far.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile
Don't lose hope guys. Just remember that admissions can go all the way into June. Honestly when I started working and chilled out, I stopped thinking about med school BS and an ii came out of nowhere. I also got a phone ii (WMed), which according to last year is exclusive, so I'm excited. Just find something to take this burden off of your mind. 🙂
Well, I called today, and, to paraphrase, they said "we are wicked busy and can't figure out what to do with all of these friggin apps!!!". They did said I was assigned to an evaluator, and indicated that was a "positive" thing. Basically, I learned nothing, though. I don't even want to think about how long we will wait after verification for the app to be sent to schools. - end rant.Over 6 weeks also
I've had absolute radio silence for 2 full weeks. This is so frustrating.Yeah there was so much going on two weeks ago but now it's complete silence. Two II's so far.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've had absolute radio silence for 2 full weeks. This is so frustrating.
they're doing it to torture us for sure.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile
Ugh when will NYCOM and PCOM give me responses...
Ugh when will NYCOM and PCOM give me responses...
PCOM is taking forever to even assign the right letters.
So is silence from schools better than nothing? Haven't heard ONE thing since my MUCOM interview...lol
So is silence from schools better than nothing? Haven't heard ONE thing since my MUCOM interview...lol
Lol yeah I've gotten silence, it's terrible but id rather get silence than a rejection!
So is silence from schools better than nothing? Haven't heard ONE thing since my MUCOM interview...lol
you must be excited about msucom tomorrow!!
you must be excited about msucom tomorrow!!
And my MUCOM decision....😱
Trying. This Orgo 2 online homework is killing me though. So stupid...stay positive! 🙂
You know what really grinds my gears? Spending so much damn money. Spending it on app fees, plane tickets, public transit, a new suit, booze for friends for letting me sleep on their couches instead of a hotel. And now that I'm accepted I have to save $1000 by January and another $1000 by March?! And then I have to go back to living on student loans?! I just got to median American income, and I'm throwing it away to move to one of the most expensive cities in America!!!
Despite this I am incredible excited to start OMS1 next year. Fingers crossed for you guys. Masochists, the lot of you.
Despite this I am incredible excited to start OMS1 next year. Fingers crossed for you guys. Masochists, the lot of you.
Where did you decide? I remember you getting quite a few interviews...You know what really grinds my gears? Spending so much damn money. Spending it on app fees, plane tickets, public transit, a new suit, booze for friends for letting me sleep on their couches instead of a hotel. And now that I'm accepted I have to save $1000 by January and another $1000 by March?! And then I have to go back to living on student loans?! I just got to median American income, and I'm throwing it away to move to one of the most expensive cities in America!!!
Despite this I am incredible excited to start OMS1 next year. Fingers crossed for you guys. Masochists, the lot of you.
EDIT: congrats by the way!
You know what really grinds my gears? Spending so much damn money. Spending it on app fees, plane tickets, public transit, a new suit, booze for friends for letting me sleep on their couches instead of a hotel. And now that I'm accepted I have to save $1000 by January and another $1000 by March?! And then I have to go back to living on student loans?! I just got to median American income, and I'm throwing it away to move to one of the most expensive cities in America!!!
Despite this I am incredible excited to start OMS1 next year. Fingers crossed for you guys. Masochists, the lot of you.
For real. I think i've already spent around $2500. Where ya headed, NYCOM?
For real. I think i've already spent around $2500. Where ya headed, NYCOM?
Nope. Was just accepted to RVUCOM, and while Denver is amazing it is also expensive.
Would have loved to see TouroCOM and NYIT's campuses, and I'm a NYS resident so the IS love would have been nice, but I ended up really liking RVU.
Where did you decide? I remember you getting quite a few interviews...
EDIT: congrats by the way!
After being accepted to RVU (I'm an avid outdoorsmen and an HPSP candidate) I canceled my other invitations for interviews. I really felt like this school is right for me AND I need to start saving money for the move/deposit.
This is sort of how it came down for me too... Its like "if it aint broke, dont fix it."After being accepted to RVU (I'm an avid outdoorsmen and an HPSP candidate) I canceled my other invitations for interviews. I really felt like this school is right for me AND I need to start saving money for the move/deposit.
Found a school while simultaneously running out of money haha... I thought I was going to have more money to go on more interviews and such but stuff really adds up.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nope. Was just accepted to RVUCOM, and while Denver is amazing it is also expensive.
Would have loved to see TouroCOM and NYIT's campuses, and I'm a NYS resident so the IS love would have been nice, but I ended up really liking RVU.
Oh cool. I wish I could do the same, but only if I get an IS-acceptance. I really liked MUCOM, so we'll see how that goes today.
Waitlisted at MUCOM, yay
@doreegon sounds like a great situation. Aside from costs incurred/on the horizon. I'm really hoping to get in somewhere soon so my wife and I can start planning and saving too.
It really is a great situation. I'm a reapplicant from last year so I know what it's like to get serial rejected from schools. I didn't give up hope until may last cycle, and it was a big let down. But now I can just sit back and relax for the remainder of the cycle.
If you don't get in this year, sometimes being the first applicantion across the AdCom desk can make a big difference. I got rejected by RVU right away last year, but was accepted right away this year. Timing can make a big difference.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 15
- Views
- 2K