-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Application Status Thread
Started by footNankle
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Same 🙂Just got an email from Barry! "Thank you for your application to Barry University's School of Podiatric Medicine. Your application has been received and is currently being processed."
Hopefully interview invites are coming!!!![]()
Just got an email from Barry! "Thank you for your application to Barry University's School of Podiatric Medicine. Your application has been received and is currently being processed."
Hopefully interview invites are coming!!!![]()
Me too!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same here!
also got one from CSPM...I don't know if I can wait any longer for ii's lol
lol I wonder what would happen if BoilerPod and the legendary PsychPod got into a fight. Should be interesting. On a more serious note, I've also received letters from CSPM, Barry, NYCPM, and AZPOD. Good luck everyone!
I'm surprised Skip isn't telling us he's already been admitted to all 9 but decided that podiatry is a joke and rejected his admittance ;P
I've received emails from Barry, CSPM and NYCPM. Barry put me on hold already as my MCAT score isn't in, I'm sure CSPM and NYCPM will be doing the same shortly 🙁 28 days to go til I get my score and I'm going insane. I hope some schools interview me before I get my scores. I'd like them to get a good impression of me first because the Sept 6th MCAT was terrible!! Not looking forward to seeing my scores at all 🙁
I've received emails from Barry, CSPM and NYCPM. Barry put me on hold already as my MCAT score isn't in, I'm sure CSPM and NYCPM will be doing the same shortly 🙁 28 days to go til I get my score and I'm going insane. I hope some schools interview me before I get my scores. I'd like them to get a good impression of me first because the Sept 6th MCAT was terrible!! Not looking forward to seeing my scores at all 🙁
I'm surprised Skip isn't telling us he's already been admitted to all 9 but decided that podiatry is a joke and rejected his admittance ;P
I've received emails from Barry, CSPM and NYCPM. Barry put me on hold already as my MCAT score isn't in, I'm sure CSPM and NYCPM will be doing the same shortly 🙁 28 days to go til I get my score and I'm going insane. I hope some schools interview me before I get my scores. I'd like them to get a good impression of me first because the Sept 6th MCAT was terrible!! Not looking forward to seeing my scores at all 🙁
I'm not going to dignify your snarky comment by responding to it. I wish you the best in life.
I'm surprised Skip isn't telling us he's already been admitted to all 9 but decided that podiatry is a joke and rejected his admittance ;P
I've received emails from Barry, CSPM and NYCPM. Barry put me on hold already as my MCAT score isn't in, I'm sure CSPM and NYCPM will be doing the same shortly 🙁 28 days to go til I get my score and I'm going insane. I hope some schools interview me before I get my scores. I'd like them to get a good impression of me first because the Sept 6th MCAT was terrible!! Not looking forward to seeing my scores at all 🙁
Everyone walks out of the MCAT feeling like crap. I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised when you get your scores.
Just playing with you man...I'm not going to dignify your snarky comment by responding to it. I wish you the best in life.
I don't think anyone really looks forward to getting their scores.
Everyone walks out of the MCAT feeling like crap. I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised when you get your scores.
Thanks guys.
Kent just wrote me too saying mine was processed. If you guys don't hear from them don't freak because I was already in communication with them about something else and the girl added in that my app was processed today as well. So one could assume all of yours have been too
Thanks guys.
Kent just wrote me too saying mine was processed. If you guys don't hear from them don't freak because I was already in communication with them about something else and the girl added in that my app was processed today as well. So one could assume all of yours have been too
I'm glad you said that because I would have freaked out otherwise haha
Has anyone heard from azpod besides skipjunior?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same @BoilerPod lol. I'm still waiting for emails from Temple, AZPod, Scholl, and DMU. (I've heard from NYCPM, Barry, Western, & CSPM)
Last edited:
Not me. I'm stalking my email account!
Lolz yea same here.
Has anyone heard from azpod besides skipjunior?
Nope... I know I'm "snarky" but he seems to always get things before the rest of us 🙁 lucky guy. Remember when he got an interview to Barry back in August before apps even got verified!?
Yea I'm fairly certain he's trolling.
Feel free to call AZPOD and confirm if your app is complete.
Only heard back from CSPM today. Hopefully I'll hear back from Barry and some other schools tomorrow.
The registrar at my university messed up sending my transcripts the first time, they corrected the mistake a week ago, and now I'm still waiting for my transcript to get to AACPMAS via USPS (which apparently can take 2-8 business days). Not to mention I still need to get verified afterwards. I really hate all of this waiting.
Last edited:
The registrar at my university messed up sending my transcripts the first time, they corrected the mistake a week ago, and now I'm still waiting for my transcript to get to AACPMAS via USPS (which apparently can take 2-8 business days). Not to mention I still need to get verified afterwards. I really hate all of this waiting.
I'm sorry to hear that. The waiting is the hardest part. Hang in there buddy!
Hopefully they will get verified today then so they can get processed at the schools! Good luck!Same! Guess I'm not the only one.
Just got a confirmation email from DMU!
Interview from Barry University 9/9 at 1:44 p.m. via e-mail!!! Interviews start september 22 and continue on mondays and tuesdays of each week.
Some hope for all others who scored low on the MCAT, I scored a 19 overall. Hope to hear from some more too!
Good Luck Everyone!
Some hope for all others who scored low on the MCAT, I scored a 19 overall. Hope to hear from some more too!
Good Luck Everyone!
Interview from Barry University 9/9 at 1:44 p.m. via e-mail!!! Interviews start september 22 and continue on mondays and tuesdays of each week.
Some hope for all others who scored low on the MCAT, I scored a 19 overall. Hope to hear from some more too!
Good Luck Everyone!
Just got the same!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II from Barry!!
Same, II from Barry!!! Congrats everyone!
Just an FYI guys, Barry did the same thing last year. They sent interview invites to anybody who had above a 3.0 GPA. People that didn't even have their MCAT score in before applying still got interview invites. They tend to be the first school that sends out a mass email to nearly all their applicants about interview invites.
Obviously, it is still a good step ahead of the competition but I think I posted something similar to this on another thread. Barry wants you to feel like they were the first school that cared for you, which in my opinion is a genius strategy by a school. BUT at the same time they may be getting too many students who are on their first grad school interview (and maybe even first formal interview in their life) and that may lead to lots of students showing up unprepared.
In my opinion, don't schedule your top choice as your first interview!!!! And that may be one thing Barry I hope doesn't run into. Congrats on the interview invites!!!
Obviously, it is still a good step ahead of the competition but I think I posted something similar to this on another thread. Barry wants you to feel like they were the first school that cared for you, which in my opinion is a genius strategy by a school. BUT at the same time they may be getting too many students who are on their first grad school interview (and maybe even first formal interview in their life) and that may lead to lots of students showing up unprepared.
In my opinion, don't schedule your top choice as your first interview!!!! And that may be one thing Barry I hope doesn't run into. Congrats on the interview invites!!!
That is very surprising to hear because I got an ii last year from DMU and CSPM BEFORE my MCAT score was released. I wonder if they changed protocol this year.Presently do not have an MCAT score- was put on hold until they receive score at both DMU and CSPM.
II for DMU!!!
Second interview invite. DMU invite this morning at 9:51. Good Luck Everyone!!!!
Well it looks like I'm going to be at Barry on the 22nd and dmu on the 29th!
For those of you who got interviews, did your unofficial MCAT scores ever get verified? I just got verified today and my GPAs are up but my MCAT scores still say unofficial
As of right now it's still showing my mcat score as unofficial.
Scheduled DMU for 10/3...taking the greyhound from Chicago (only $2 roundtrip if anyone else was wondering!). Anyone staying at any hotels? Also, I don't think I will be attending my Barry interview as of now since it's not my top school.
They did change this yearThat is very surprising to hear because I got an ii last year from DMU and CSPM BEFORE my MCAT score was released. I wonder if they changed protocol this year.
I believe the only two schools that MIGHT interview without an MCAT score this cycle are Kent and Temple. This was told to me by their admissions dept about two months ago. All other schools said they will put apps without MCATs on hold until scores are received.
Actually Western and Scholl never answered my question about that so I can't comment on them...
Actually Western and Scholl never answered my question about that so I can't comment on them...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im pretty sure my MCAT scores were also verified. I took the MCAT earlier though in June I think it was so mine has had some time to process. If you just took it I think it took just over a month.For those of you who got interviews, did your unofficial MCAT scores ever get verified? I just got verified today and my GPAs are up but my MCAT scores still say unofficial
I took mine in May of 2013 and April of 2014 lol. I'm also verified it's just it says on my application that my MCAT scores are Unofficial. Yours say Official?
Mine still says unofficial but I just received an interview invite from Barry anyways. I got an email from DMU too but no II yet, still no word from the other schools.
Interview from Temple University
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 399
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 185
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 280
