-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Application Status Thread
Started by footNankle
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Not to get off topic or anything, but I'm not sure how I feel about how SDN's website looks now.....😏
Hey guys I was wondering if you could put a down payment using a credit card? Or does it have to be cash?
Depends on the school. I paid my deposit via credit card for DMU, but Barry wanted me to mail in a check.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Received an interview from Scholl this morning. So far, this is my planned interview schedule:
10/30 - DMU
11/5 - CSPM
11/14 - Kent
11/17 - Temple
11/19 - NYCPM
11/24 - Barry
12/5 - AZPOD
12/8 - Scholl
This should be a fun "vacation." If anyone has an interview on these dates and wants to share a hotel, I'd be happy to oblige. Still waiting on Western.
10/30 - DMU
11/5 - CSPM
11/14 - Kent
11/17 - Temple
11/19 - NYCPM
11/24 - Barry
12/5 - AZPOD
12/8 - Scholl
This should be a fun "vacation." If anyone has an interview on these dates and wants to share a hotel, I'd be happy to oblige. Still waiting on Western.
Last edited:
Received an interview from Scholl this morning. So far, this is my planned interview schedule:
10/22 - Scholl
10/30 - DMU
11/5 - CSPM
11/14 - Kent
11/17 - Temple
11/19 - NYCPM
11/24 - Barry
12/5 - AZPOD
This should be a fun "vacation." If anyone has an interview on these dates and wants to share a hotel, I'd be happy to oblige. Still waiting on Western.
Dang that's a lot. Are you planning on going too all of those interviews?
Dang that's a lot. Are you planning on going too all of those interviews?
I honestly have no idea, lol. CSPM and AZPOD will likely stay on the list due to geographical convenience. So far, travel arrangements are made for CSPM and DMU (~400$ total). If I had to trim the list down now, I'd cut Barry, Kent, and NYCPM. I'm trying not to go over 1,600$. After scouring google flights for the last 2 weeks and not being too choosy with hotels, I might be able to go everywhere within my budget.
Look into skyscanner to find the cheapest flights possible for your dates and for stays look at airbnb- it's people who host visitors in their homes/apartments/condos. In my experience they'll even pick you up at the airport 🙂 also stay away from taxis, try to utilize ride share options like Lyft or Uber to get you from your hotel/ wherever you're staying to the schools to save the most money possibleI honestly have no idea, lol. CSPM and AZPOD will likely stay on the list due to geographical convenience. So far, travel arrangements are made for CSPM and DMU (~400$ total). If I had to trim the list down now, I'd cut Barry, Kent, and NYCPM. I'm trying not to go over 1,600$. After scouring google flights for the last 2 weeks and not being too choosy with hotels, I might be able to go everywhere within my budget.
Just an FYI, podiatry schools tend to accept/reject shortly after interviewing (at least much quicker than allopathic schools), so you might have to put a deposit down somewhere if you spread out your interviews. I had to plead with two schools to extend their 1 month deadline to accept their admission offer just so I could interview at a couple other schools. It was worth it for me, since I wanted to interview at as many programs as I could to find the best fit for me.
Not to get off topic or anything, but I'm not sure how I feel about how SDN's website looks now.....😏
I agree. I feel very disoriented.
Received an interview from Scholl this morning. So far, this is my planned interview schedule:
10/22 - Scholl
10/30 - DMU
11/5 - CSPM
11/14 - Kent
11/17 - Temple
11/19 - NYCPM
11/24 - Barry
12/5 - AZPOD
This should be a fun "vacation." If anyone has an interview on these dates and wants to share a hotel, I'd be happy to oblige. Still waiting on Western.
Congratulations on your interview invites. By the way, this looks really expensive.
Just an FYI, podiatry schools tend to accept/reject shortly after interviewing (at least much quicker than allopathic schools), so you might have to put a deposit down somewhere if you spread out your interviews. I had to plead with two schools to extend their 1 month deadline to accept their admission offer just so I could interview at a couple other schools. It was worth it for me, since I wanted to interview at as many programs as I could to find the best fit for me.
This is definitely a consideration. From what I've gathered in this thread, it seems that 1-2 weeks after is when schools make their decision. I'm hoping this gives me time to interview at a few programs before being forced to commit. How willing were the schools you pleaded with to extend their deadline? I'm afraid they won't be receptive to my reason: deciding between their school and another with a later interview date.
Not to get off topic or anything, but I'm not sure how I feel about how SDN's website looks now.....😏
I agree. I feel very disoriented.
I didn't like the format either, so I reverted back to what I was used to. On the bottom left corner of SDN, you'll see a link allowing you to change between "skins." SDN blue is probably what you are most familiar with.
Congratulations on your interview invites. By the way, this looks really expensive.
Tell me about it! I'm trying to cut costs wherever I can. It's the interview paradox. I shouldn't be stressed due to the amount of interviews; but I am because of the expenses and trying to fit many programs into a month.
Last edited:
I didn't like the format either, so I reverted back to what I was used to. On the bottom left corner of SDN, you'll see a link allowing you to change between "skins." SDN blue is probably what you are most familiar with.
Thank you. It looks a lot better now!
This is definitely a consideration. From what I've gathered in this thread, it seems that 1-2 weeks after is when schools make their decision. I'm hoping this gives me time to interview at a few programs before being forced to commit. How willing were the schools you pleaded with to extend their deadline? I'm afraid they won't be receptive to my reason: deciding between their school and another with a later interview date.
One gave me a 2 week extension, which was perfect (didn't end up going to the school), and the other didn't extend so I declined there.
also not to get it off track, but pre-podiatry needs a version of this http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forums/better-than-facebook.973/ for all of those that need to take their mind off applications lol.Not to get off topic or anything, but I'm not sure how I feel about how SDN's website looks now.....😏
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Starting to feel the nerves about my scholl interview on Wednesday.
You will do fine. Just make sure you bring a jacket. It hasn't snow yet, but it is getting cold (~55 degrees). Good luck!
You will do fine. Just make sure you bring a jacket. It hasn't snow yet, but it is getting cold (~55 degrees). Good luck!
Haha yeah I've been checking the weather. I'm coming from Texas and it was in the 90's last week here.
Thank you! Mostly nervous because scholl is my top choice and this is my first interview so I have no idea what to expect.
I know I'm bit late but I recently decided to apply to a podiatry school.
Thus, I'm filling out my application right now, and had a quick question.
Right now, I have 3 courses that I tested out during my freshmen year, and I'm not sure how I should put this in. (I only got credit with no grade)... In transcript section, do I choose Test Credit - No subject in the drop down list? I tried to do this but when put 0 for grade.. it gave me F for CAS grade. So I'm bit confused...
Thus, I'm filling out my application right now, and had a quick question.
Right now, I have 3 courses that I tested out during my freshmen year, and I'm not sure how I should put this in. (I only got credit with no grade)... In transcript section, do I choose Test Credit - No subject in the drop down list? I tried to do this but when put 0 for grade.. it gave me F for CAS grade. So I'm bit confused...
Also, how do I indicate repeated course?
Right now, I have 3 courses that I tested out during my freshmen year, and I'm not sure how I should put this in. (I only got credit with no grade)... In transcript section, do I choose Test Credit - No subject in the drop down list? I tried to do this but when put 0 for grade.. it gave me F for CAS grade. So I'm bit confused...
Did you test out of these courses through AP credit? If so, make sure this is represented on your transcript and enter the test name/course title you tested out of and you'll be prompted to identify this during the course verification process.
Go here for more information: https://portal.aacpmas.org/aacpmasH...coursework-completed-in-progress-and-planned/
Also, how do I indicate repeated course?
If the course was repeated at another institution, do not mark as repeated. If the course was retaken at the same institution, mark both the original and repeated course when prompted to do so. Keep in mind, AACPMAS averages both grades in the same way AMCAS does, and does not do grade forgiveness, as AACOMAS does.
Go here for more information: https://portal.aacpmas.org/aacpmasH...coursework-completed-in-progress-and-planned/
Has anyone else interviewed at AZPOD yet? What did y'all think about the school?
Starting to feel the nerves about my scholl interview on Wednesday.
I'm interviewing at Scholl on Wednesday too. I am also from Texas (chicago originally)
I'm interviewing at Scholl on Wednesday too. I am also from Texas (chicago originally)
Awesome! When are you flying out?
Did you test out of these courses through AP credit? If so, make sure this is represented on your transcript and enter the test name/course title you tested out of and you'll be prompted to identify this during the course verification process.
Go here for more information: https://portal.aacpmas.org/aacpmasH...coursework-completed-in-progress-and-planned/
If the course was repeated at another institution, do not mark as repeated. If the course was retaken at the same institution, mark both the original and repeated course when prompted to do so. Keep in mind, AACPMAS averages both grades in the same way AMCAS does, and does not do grade forgiveness, as AACOMAS does.
Go here for more information: https://portal.aacpmas.org/aacpmasH...coursework-completed-in-progress-and-planned/
One of the courses that I tested out is from AP credit. But for other two,,,I just took olacement test at my college and they gave me credit for spanish 1 and 2.
Gotcha. I live in Austin now but I'm flying out of DFW because it is a lot cheaper than Austin and my fiancé lives in Dallas so it gives me an excuse to come see her.
Did you go to school in Texas?
I'm from The Woodlands (just north of Houston). I go to school in Indiana.
I am also interviewing at Scholl on Wednesday - looks like there will be nice sized group out there.
Interviewed at DMU recently and was very impressed with what they had to offer. I liked Des Moines too - Im from the midwest though, so maybe thats part of it. Going to be hard to keep an open mind at my other interviews after they set the bar so high.
Interviewing: Scholl 10/15, Kent 10/23, Temple 11/7
Interviewed at DMU recently and was very impressed with what they had to offer. I liked Des Moines too - Im from the midwest though, so maybe thats part of it. Going to be hard to keep an open mind at my other interviews after they set the bar so high.
Interviewing: Scholl 10/15, Kent 10/23, Temple 11/7
One of the courses that I tested out is from AP credit. But for other two,,,I just took olacement test at my college and they gave me credit for spanish 1 and 2.
Since your situation doesn't appear to be covered in the link I sent you, you should contact AACPMAS directly for advice. Good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As a P1, it is going to be fun seeing you guys see Scholl for the first time. Don't forget to visit the feet museum (you will be sitting in it waiting for your turn at the interview. It's very chill and relaxing). Good luck everyone!BoilerPod and Marathonpod I look forward to meeting you both on Wednesday!
As a P1, it is going to be fun seeing you guys see Scholl for the first time. Don't forget to visit the feet museum (you will be sitting in it waiting for your turn at the interview. It's very chill and relaxing). Good luck everyone!
Thank you! Any advice?
You will have an introduction first. Around 12-12:30, you will have a tour with P2's and lunch. Around 1pm is your interview. Listen to what everyone says about the school. For example, during my interview, I heard how Scholl has a strong support system for struggling students and mentioned that during my interview and how it related to my app. Like how I struggled in undergrad and improved because I went and asked for help. They will ask about any flaws you have like grades or MCAT. Be prepare to defend them. After your interview, don't forget to email the professors that interviewed you thanking for the interview.Thank you! Any advice?
I have heard at least something back from every school other than Western... Anyone else still waiting to hear from them?
I'm in the same boat. I have interview invites from every school but Western.
I did last week. I really liked it and I liked the campus and everyone was pretty laid back. It seems like a really good school.Has anyone else interviewed at AZPOD yet? What did y'all think about the school?
Same! Decisions, decisions.Just got my temple acceptance!![]()
Just got the acceptance email from AZPOD!!!
You will have an introduction first. Around 12-12:30, you will have a tour with P2's and lunch. Around 1pm is your interview. Listen to what everyone says about the school. For example, during my interview, I heard how Scholl has a strong support system for struggling students and mentioned that during my interview and how it related to my app. Like how I struggled in undergrad and improved because I went and asked for help. They will ask about any flaws you have like grades or MCAT. Be prepare to defend them. After your interview, don't forget to email the professors that interviewed you thanking for the interview.
Great! Thank you!
Nice! Me too. Will you plan to go there?Just got the acceptance email from AZPOD!!!
Nice! Me too. Will you plan to go there?
I'm highly considering it. I'm interviewing at DMU on Friday. When I hear back from them, I will make my final decision. How 'bout you?
Same.I'm highly considering it. I'm interviewing at DMU on Friday. When I hear back from them, I will make my final decision. How 'bout you?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The Scholl Interview starts at 10:30am, right?
It usually starts after lunch (when I did my interview and what I saw with last Monday interviews). So, around 1ish. You will have an intro first and then a tour during lunch. Good luck!
I meant the time your supposed to get to the school. The confirmation email says 10:30 is when the day starts.
If the confirmation email says 10:30am. I would arrive at least by 10:15am.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 415
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 190
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 294