2014-2015 Official Psychology Ph.D./PsyD Interview Invite Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I also just received a rejection email from IUP. It was the first response I've heard from any of the schools I applied to. Not very encouraging!
Hang in there EMC_22

Members don't see this ad.

There's another ASU Counseling Psych interview of the Grad Cafe. Can anyone claim it? Any chance you could PM me your POI?

Congratulations! I'm hoping against hope they didn't get all their invites out Friday...

Both UMass Boston programs (clinical and counseling) seem to be sending out interview invites later than the rest, and there was a blizzard in Boston last week that shut down many universities for a couple days, so I think there's still hope!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Morning everyone, just saw the post on TGC for Columbia- can anyone claim that? If so I'm dying to know your POI!

I received notice yesterday that Boston College was unable to accept me into their doctoral program (counseling); however, they ACCEPTED me into their M.A. program and offered me 18 credits of tuition remission. Yay, my first acceptance.

Reactions: 8 users
Hi! I'm gonna post again because I'm getting antsy...

Has anyone heard from University of Florida (child clinical/pediatric track) or University of Kansas Child Clinical??

Thanks!

Hi! I'm gonna post again because I'm getting antsy...

Has anyone heard from University of Florida (child clinical/pediatric track) or University of Kansas Child Clinical??

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure all interviews have already gone out. At least, they have for the adult tracks at both programs.

UF has its interview in 2 weeks, pretty sure all invites were sent already.

what the heck is going on with TGC right now?

edit: nevermind, the entertainment has been deleted.

Last edited:
Fairleigh-Dickinson (FD) Interview Day is Sunday, Feb 8th.

Anyone know about Teacher's College--Columbia or NYU?

I was going to respond, but I am glad you found my previous posts regarding these two schools. Invitations will likely go out this week for both schools since their interview days are slowly approaching (TC - February 27 and NYU - February 13).

I am not the original TGC poster but I did receive an interview invite for Teachers College, Columbia :)

School Name:
Teachers College, Columbia University
Date Interview Invite Received: 2/1/15
Degree: PhD
Type: Clinical
Notified via: email
Interview Date: Thurs. 2/26. No other details yet. A formal invitation from the dept is to follow.

anyone want to take one for the team? :happy:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was going to respond, but I am glad you found my previous posts regarding these two schools. Invitations will likely go out this week for both schools since their interview days are slowly approaching (TC - February 27 and NYU - February 13).

Thank you! This is helpful. I'm starting to get (understandably) antsy.... :)

what the heck is going on with TGC right now? I have a feeling someone at VCU is feeling like they just made a huge mistake, haha.

edit: nevermind, the entertainment has been deleted.

Now I'm curious to know what happened! Lol

Reactions: 4 users
Regarding UVA, my POI replied to me saying if I didn't hear from them by now, I won't be admitted.

Also, Arizona sent all invites according to my POI.

Anybody heard from Iowa, VCU or Minnesota?

Looks like if there is no miracle I am going for 0 in 10 this year. Fun, fun...

Regarding UVA, my POI replied to me saying if I didn't hear from them by now, I won't be admitted.

That's helpful- thanks.

I believe vcu held interviews Friday so I think they are finished. But that's just what I've been reading.

According to TGC, the email for the Counseling Psychology PhD interviews at Columbia went out today.... I didn't get one :(

That's helpful- thanks.

I believe vcu held interviews Friday so I think they are finished. But that's just what I've been reading.

VCU is holding interviews this weekend and the weekend of February 20th for their Clinical programs.

VCU Counseling invites went out, interview dates are this Friday 2/6 and Monday 2/9

Iowa is having interviews this weekend, sorry :(

According to TGC, the email for the Counseling Psychology PhD interviews at Columbia went out today.... I didn't get one :(

Same here. ::sigh::

Only five faculty were taking students for next year, so I hear.

I received notice yesterday that Boston College was unable to accept me into their doctoral program (counseling); however, they ACCEPTED me into their M.A. program and offered me 18 credits of tuition remission. Yay, my first acceptance.

An M.A. acceptance is better than nothing! Did they offer any funding?

They were supposed to decide by the end of last week or this week. Who did you hear from?
Just called them. Only some sections (specializations) have sent invites, but clinical is not one of them. Should be by the end of this week though, they said. Unfortunately they don't send out rejection notices til the end of March. I'll let you know if I hear more.

Did anyone hear from the Clinical phd program at UCLA? The site says their interviews are this weekend but I didn't see any posts on here or TGC.

Does anyone know if SUNY Stony Brook and Montana are done?

Has anyone applied to George Fox?

School Name: University of Alaska - Anchorage
Date Interview Invite Received: 2/2/15
Degree: PhD
Type: Clinical-Community
Notified via: Phone call
Interview Date: Friday, March 6. All day event.

Reactions: 1 users
Still waiting on University of South Dakota. Anyone heard anything?

Still waiting for confirmation that invites for Columbia have gone out. I called admissions yesterday and the woman notified me that my application was still being reviewed. Thus, I think the emails are going out on a POI basis.

Also waiting to hear back from NYU and Seton Hall. I know Seton said we will get an email notification today or tomorrow, but NYU is what I am anticipating.

Sidenote- called UMaryland office of admissions and program director regarding my application status with no response to my voicemail from either party. This is odd since I know people have received both rejections and interview invited, yet nothing is indicated on my app.

Hey guys, want to hear something hilarious? One of my programs is having a social the night before the interview, they said we will be going downtown, so I'm pretty sure they will be drinking. It's literally the night before my 21st birthday :laugh:

UMarylandBC is out - if you haven't heard from them now, it's over, per an email this morning. (Not an official rejection, just a reply to an admin question.)

Still waiting on Montana, but the hope is draining out.

So, how does this work from here? They offer their top person a spot? And what do they do about the number 2 choice? Does that person not hear anything until (if) the top person does not accept the offer, or will they know off the bat they are back up?

So, how does this work from here? They offer their top person a spot? And what do they do about the number 2 choice? Does that person not hear anything until (if) the top person does not accept the offer, or will they know off the bat they are back up?

Which school are you referring to?

UMarylandBC is out - if you haven't heard from them now, it's over, per an email this morning. (Not an official rejection, just a reply to an admin question.)

Still waiting on Montana, but the hope is draining out.

But if I haven't heard anything from anyone, it makes me wonder if my application was even considered. I also heard that some faculty members lost funding and will not longer be accepting students, but this was discovered after applicants already submitted their documents and payments. I think this is a bit ridiculous and that, given the circumstances, these applicants are entitled to a reimbursement of their money.

Just in general. I'm wondering what the next steps will be like after an interview at a school.

In one of the interview invites I got, it says that the dept hopes to extend offers by 2/20, but like you said that would probably only apply to top candidates and not backups or second choices.

In one of the interview invites I got, it says that the dept hopes to extend offers by 2/20, but like you said that would probably only apply to top candidates and not backups or second choices.

Yea, so what I'm wondering is do you know if you are a backup or not? If you don't hear back when they said they would are you completely out of the running or could they call you, say, 3 weeks later and say "surprise, the number one did not accept, so you're in!"

Yea, so what I'm wondering is do you know if you are a backup or not? If you don't hear back when they said they would are you completely out of the running or could they call you, say, 3 weeks later and say "surprise, the number one did not accept, so you're in!"

No idea. This interview is being held 2/6, so I might find out more then.

Really hoping to hear from New Mexico and Syracuse this week. Anyone heard anything yet?

In that case, you would likely be told that you're wait-listed.

Just got a rejection from UT Austin Counseling Psych. Not surprising because my POI didn't accept students this year :laugh: Too bad though because I really wanted to live in Austin

Just got a rejection from UT Austin Counseling Psych. Not surprising because my POI didn't accept students this year :laugh: Too bad though because I really wanted to live in Austin

Hey! Have you heard anything from Columbia?

Just saw the Pace post on TGC, did anyone else receive an invitation? was it a mass email.... ugh I keep refreshing my inbox/junk/spam folders :(

Hi everyone,
I am wondering if anyone has heard back from Washington State University- Pullman? Thanks! :)