2014-2015 Panic Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ftp902

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Might as well start one right now!

Submitted from early July to early August without any interviews yet.
And it seems to be one of the early application year. Panicking commences.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Interviews come as they will, worrying does nothing to help them along. It's still early in the cycle so just sit back and relax!

I'm panicking as well. Hooray.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got secondaries from every school I applied to,
Finished them all from mid-July to early August,
Now have heard nothing for a while,
Getting kind of worried since everyone else is getting II's
Lizzy M of 72 and CA resident
With missions experience and good EC's
What's going on here???

I'll join the fun, panic mode!

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck everyone! Can't wait to come back to the first page of this thread when we're all accepted and see how worried we were back in August =P

Reactions: 3 users
I'm in super panic mode. Borderline depression this week after seeing a large handful of schools I applied to start giving out IIs. This is gonna be a long year for someone as neurotic as me...

Reactions: 1 users
My daily schedule:

10am, wake up to check my email. Nothing there. Go back to sleep.

11am, wake up to check my email again. 5 Messages. My heart starts pounding. A message from Amazon, Spotify, Netflix, Twitter, and Facebook.

1102am, check my spam folder... just in case.

1105am, go on SDN to see every member receive interview invites. Pout for ten minutes.

Proceed to check email every thirty minutes.

100pm, go to the gym. Tell myself that I will never get into med school unless I meet whatever goal I set for the day.

300pm, go to work.

11pm, sit in my living room with my laptop and obsessively read old threads on sdn until 400am.

400am, lay in bed and panic until I fall asleep around 500am.

Repeat.

My life has become a nightmare.

Reactions: 58 users
My daily schedule:

11am, wake up to check my email again. 5 Messages. My heart starts pounding. A message from Amazon, Spotify, Netflix, Twitter, and Facebook.

1105am, go on SDN to see every member receive interview invites. Pout for ten minutes.

100pm, go to the gym. Tell myself that I will never get into med school unless I meet whatever goal I set for the day.

300pm, go to work.

11pm, sit in my living room with my laptop and obsessively read old threads on sdn until 400am.

Repeat.

You only check your email every 30 minutes?? ;)

Ya well was complete at 20 schools by late July or early August and haven't heard back. Not even any love from my state schools yet. LizzyM score is 75, I thought good stats guaranteed interviews piling up. lol it's still early though, not tripping.

I'm in super panic mode. Borderline depression this week after seeing a large handful of schools I applied to start giving out IIs. This is gonna be a long year for someone as neurotic as me...

This is my life.

My daily schedule:

300pm, go to work.

Repeat.

This is also my life, except I get up at 5 for work so move everything 5 hours earlier. And yes, that WAMC thread that has my exact stats but from 2008 will certainly still be relevant to me...

Members don't see this ad :)
Ya well was complete at 20 schools by late July or early August and haven't heard back. Not even any love from my state schools yet. LizzyM score is 75, I thought good stats guaranteed interviews piling up. lol it's still early though, not tripping.
Seems to be more people with LizzyM scores around 80 lol

Where has this thread been all my life (or at least all my summer)?

The presence of this thread is oddly soothing to my neurotic mind

Reactions: 5 users
My daily schedule:

300pm, go to work.

Repeat.

This is so me lol.

I work in a lab so I have to wear a lab coat and gloves. My phone is in my pocket. If it vibrates (the email vibrate, not the text message vibrate) I run out of the lab, all the way outside, check my email, and.....

.......Netflix. Arg!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
This is so me lol.

I work in a lab so I have to wear a lab coat and gloves. My phone is in my pocket. If it vibrates (the email vibrate, not the text message vibrate) I run out of the lab, all the way outside, check my email, and.....

.......Netflix. WTF!

I've unsubscribed from almost everything because I just can't take the suspense when I get an email haha

Reactions: 8 users
The only thing keeping me from total panic is that there are still a few schools that I have applied to that haven't issued IIs yet.

I got my only two MD II's on Monday morning. Before this I was already making plans for reapplying. It can all change in a day guys. Don't Panic.

already rejected from one school.

panic mode x10000...!!

I second what @TheProcess said, I got 2 interviews in 2 days this week and my entire outlook on the cycle changed!

When people ask me how applications are going:

qjluHt1.gif

Reactions: 25 users
I second what @TheProcess said, I got 2 interviews in 2 days this week and my entire outlook on the cycle changed!

So did I but since I've heard you want at least 3 IIs for solid chances of acceptance... *panic mode engaged*

On every damn school-specific thread: "Oh my! I received an II today! LizzyM of 98! Can't believe it!"
+pissed+

Reactions: 37 users
I've never heard that. All you need is one.
By that logic "all you need is to apply to one school." Technically yes you can get an acceptance with one interview or even one application, but it's statistically not as likely.

Hi. Panicking. One small pool and other than that: nada. Most of my schools are giving out II already. :nailbiting:

For years, I've successfully avoided being a neurotic premed.

This cycle is already causing me to make up for all that lost time.

Reactions: 17 users
I can't wait for school to start so I can be busy and maybe get my mind off applications for a while.

This thread made me feel a lot better. I now know that not every single person on SdN has multiple II's while I sit and panic. Despite a varying schedule, this is also pretty much me.
My daily schedule:

300pm, go to work.

Repeat.

Unless I'm asleep I'm refreshing my email every ~10 minutes. I have never wanted an email this badly!

Refresh your own email? Pffft, I'm all about those push notifications ;). Better yet, have your email forward anything with the word "medical school" to your phone. Cuts down on obsessive compulsive email checking by 75%.
Unless I'm asleep I'm refreshing my email every ~10 minutes. I have never wanted an email this badly!

When all else fails, refer to the chart below:

Should-I-check-email-2-650x913.jpg

Reactions: 8 users
Eating my dinner while scrolling through "Official Interview Invite 2015" ...

NEW.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 18 users
Although I've been panicked since 2014 started I'll join lol. 1 MD II, 1 MD small pool, 1 DO hold and 1 DO rejection. Until further notice, everything else is probably a silent rejection sooooo... Haha

I literally wake up at 6 AM sharp automatically and spend the rest of my day pressing refresh on my inbox.

1 rejection. 24 more to go!

Went to go type in my SSN to log in to a website and accidentally typed my AAMC ID. Think I need to stop checking statuses.

Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone else feel like everyone applied early this year compare to last year? Reading through last year's threads makes me think October is late while this year's makes me think August is late Haha.

Does anyone else feel like everyone applied early this year compare to last year? Reading through last year's threads makes me think October is late while this year's makes me think August is late Haha.
I think people overcompensated for the AMCAS delays last year.

Makes sense, it's hard to keep it in perspective that it's still early for this cycle.
Quite a few II are left. :) No one has an acceptance yet. No need to panic (yet).

Reactions: 2 users
I'm in with all the freaking out! My partner keeps telling me that I need to set a timer for how often I can check my email. My applications are largely MD/PhD so that seems to be moving a little slower, which is both good and bad.

One advantage of applying to as many schools as I did: checking all the statuses would legit take over an hour.... So I'm just not doing it.