**2014 Application Timeline Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

In what batch was your COMPLETED (that means everything received and verified!) application?

• Total voters
Uh Oh, I think I messed up putting off my transcripts to be sent... I have it in the mailbox now to be sent to my school... How late is this going to throw me now...?

Members don't see this ad.

Uh Oh, I think I messed up putting off my transcripts to be sent... I have it in the mailbox now to be sent to my school... How late is this going to throw me now...?

3rd or 4th batch. No big deal either way.

However, why are you mailing the matching form to your school? Why don't you just scan and e-mail?

3rd or 4th batch. No big deal either way.

However, why are you mailing the matching form to your school? Why don't you just scan and e-mail?

I didn't think I could scan and e-mail it, and how would I pay for the transcript as my school charges $7 for a transcript to be sent....

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't think I could scan and e-mail it, and how would I pay for the transcript as my school charges $7 for a transcript to be sent....

Ask your school if it can be done electronically. I'm guessing you can pay online.

Ask your school if it can be done electronically. I'm guessing you can pay online.

Well, I did some further digging around on my school site and there is indeed a way to do all this electronically. Its all now being processed, and I chose to overnight it whenever they are done. Thank you!

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/9
Reapplicant?: No

DAT Taken: August 2013
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: September 2013

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/4
Transcript(s) Received: 6/9
GPA Verified: 6/11

(Interfolio) Letters Delivered: 6/6
(Interfolio) Letters Uploaded: 6/10

Date Application Mailed: Don't know yet, but it says within 2 weeks after verification.

Residency: NJ
Schools Applied To: Rutgers, NYU, Columbia, UPenn, Maryland, Temple, and Stony Brook
GPA and DAT: 3.95 GPA 23 AA DAT

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/15/14

DAT Taken: 1/17/14
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 1/30/14

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/4/14
Transcript(s) Received: 6/11/14
GPA Verified: 6/19/14

(Interfolio) Letters Delivered: 6/5/14
(Interfolio) Letters Uploaded: 6/10/14

Date Application Mailed: 6/27/14

Residency: I-L-L
Schools Applied To: Case, Creighton, Howard, Lake Erie, Marquette, Meharry, Roseman, Southern Illinois, Temple, Buffalo, Connecticut, Illinois at Chicago, Kentucky, Louisville, Maryland, Michigan, Nevada, New England, Pittsburgh, Virginia, West Virginia

ps: Just want to say, right before clicking that E-submit, I literally looked over my app no less than 50billion times thinking my little sister somehow changed a word to poo poo or something. Clicking that button takes 20lbs off your shoulders. :)

Last edited:

GPA Verified: N/A

Date Application Mailed: 6/15/14

Schools Applied To: Case, Creighton, Howard, Lake Erie, Marquette, Meharry, Roseman, Southern Illinois, Temple, Buffalo, Connecticut, Illinois at Chicago, Kentucky, Louisville, Maryland, Michigan, Nevada, New England, Pittsburgh, Virginia, West Virginia

ps: Just want to say, right before clicking that E-submit, I literally looked over my app no less than 50billion times thinking my little sister somehow changed a word to poo poo or something. Clicking that button takes 20lbs off your shoulders. :)

How was your application mailed on 6/15 when the first mailing date is 6/20?

can this thread be made a sticky?

Sure. It can go right next to the interview/acceptance thread from 2 cycles ago that's still stuck up there.

Reactions: 1 users
Guys... nobody's application has been mailed yet.
/end

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My application was e-submitted the second day, however they didnt receive my transcripts till the 11th, and my GPA still hasnt been verified, does that mean i missed the first batch?

My application was e-submitted the second day, however they didnt receive my transcripts till the 11th, and my GPA still hasnt been verified, does that mean i missed the first batch?

They usually prepare the batches to be sent out on Thursday. If your GPA isn't verified by Thursday and they do, in fact, send out the first batch this Friday... then yes, you've missed it.

Hey guys, the applications are going out June 20th, which will be the first batch. This is according to someone at AADSAS I spoke with on the phone!

20th huh? Thats the earliest i've seen while roaming on this site.

My transcripts were received on 06/11 too. Hopefully they verified our GPA by Thursday. Cross my fingers!! :)

Idk he spoke with them a while ago. And 3/4 posts he made were about how theyre sending it out on the 20th.

I talked to a dental school and they said they are expecting first batch applications by June 20th.
Then AADSAS said the earliest date to mail out applications is on June 20th too.

June 20th mail out?! Waaaaahhhh. Submitted transcript requests from 3 schools on the 2nd... one lost my request and sent out theirs' on the 9th... still not in AADSAS. :arghh: I get the whole first batch hullabaloo. But its annoying busting your butt off to be first and one silly community college class transcript is holding you back. In the words of Ricky Bobby, if you ain't first, you're last. Ok. Done with the pity party. +pity+

EDIT: Transcripts received 6/16... verified 6/19... not "mailed out" first batch, however. Oh well. Got e-mails from schools already regarding supplementals, so I suppose mail out date isn't that crucial! IT HAS BEGUN!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Ya they said that it was going out the 20th which is based when the first person submits their application. Last year I guess the first app was submitted the 5th and this year I believe it was on the 1st day haha. and that was definitely not me. ;)

June 20th mail out?! Waaaaahhhh. Submitted transcript requests from 3 schools on the 2nd... one lost my request and sent out theirs' on the 9th... still not in AADSAS. :arghh: I get the whole first batch hullabaloo. But its annoying busting your butt off to be first and one silly community college class transcript is holding you back. In the words of Ricky Bobby, if you ain't first, you're last. Ok. Done with the pity party. +pity+
That sucks!!! So sorry, I had some problem with one of my transcripts too, hopefully you can get everything taken care of! Good news is my GPA verification only took 2 days after my transcripts were uploaded to the portal... the wait isn't long now so maybe if it gets in soon it can be verified by Friday!!!!

Ya they said that it was going out the 20th which is based when the first person submits their application. Last year I guess the first app was submitted the 5th and this year I believe it was on the 1st day haha. and that was definitely not me. ;)

Not true. Plenty of people submitted before the 5th... I was one of them!

The reason they're giving is bogus. But oh well! Glad to see it being sent out early.

Last edited:
AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/16/2014

DAT Taken: June 12th, 2014
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 6/26/2014

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/2/2014
Transcript(s) Received: 6/10/2014
GPA Verified: 6/20/2014

LOR I: 6/20
LOR II: 6/27
LOR III: 7/1
LOR IV: not yet (maybe won't use?)

Date Application Mailed: 6/27
2nd Mailing Date: 7/7

Residency: MN
Schools Applied To: UMN, U Penn, UofP, Marquette, Temple
GPA (as verified by AADSAS): BCP 3.67, Overall 3.77
DAT: 23AA/21TS/22PAT

6/18/2014: Marquette said, "Thank you for your interest!"
6/24/2014: UPenn acknowledged receipt of AADSAS
6/26/2014: Marquette acknowledged receipt of AADSAS
6/27/2014: UMN acknowledged receipt of AADSAS
7/2/2014: UOP acknowledged receipt of AADSAS and app fee
(still waitin' on Temple to say hello)

Last edited:
Not true. Plenty of people submitted before the 5th... I was one of them!

Like I said earlier, the reason they're giving is bogus. But oh well! Glad to see it being sent out early.
Haha sorry! I was just extending what AADSAS has informed me of. They do like dishing out bogus sometimes!! But yes, very glad they are being mailed out soon ... do you know if they email the applications to the schools or send them via snail mail?

GPA Verified: N/A

Date Application Mailed: n/a

I-N-I

I made a poll about the batches... just FYI. Vote when you actually know! :D

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/7/2014

DAT Taken: Feburary 8th, 2014
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: Feburary 20th, 2014

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/5/2014
Transcript(s) Received: 6/11. (Not Updated until 6/13)
GPA Verified: Yes

Date Application Mailed: Not yet

Residency: TX
Schools Applied To: All 3 Texas schools, MWU-IL and AZ
GPA and DAT: 3.4 overall , 21AA/22TS/18PAT

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/7/2014

DAT Taken: Feburary 8th, 2014
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: Feburary 20th, 2014

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/5/2014
Transcript(s) Received: 6/11. (Not Updated until 6/13)
GPA Verified: Yes

Date Application Mailed: Not yet

Residency: TX
Schools Applied To: All 3 Texas schools, MWU-IL and AZ + more
GPA and DAT: 3.4 overall , 21AA/22TS/18PAT

Good luck to all 2014 applicants! Hopefully I will see some of you interviewing at Iowa!

Hey guys,

So my GPA was verified yesterday and today I received a confirmation letter that University of New England received my primary application. Also, I just got an email from University of Louisville saying they received my primary app and asking me to pay the secondary fee. Does anyone know why this is? I was just surprised as I thought schools didn't get the app until it was mailed out from AADSAS?

Hey guys,

So my GPA was verified yesterday and today I received a confirmation letter that University of New England received my primary application. Also, I just got an email from University of Louisville saying they received my primary app and asking me to pay the secondary fee. Does anyone know why this is? I was just surprised as I thought schools didn't get the app until it was mailed out from AADSAS?

Since it's all digital, schools can see your application as soon as you designate them.

The whole "mail out" thing is honestly outdated. Schools can access your app digitally whenever they want. And, as far as I know, nothing is actually mailed. I'm genuinely unsure of what schools receive when your batch is formally "mailed out"--maybe just a list of applicants that have chosen to apply to their school during that week? And/or a list of applicants who have applied to their school and made changes to their application? Either way, they can access that information even before the mail-out date.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I received emails from UPenn and U of Utah that they received my application today!
Except, like everyone else's, it seems, AADSAS still says "not mailed" for me.

anyone know the current timetable to have your GPA verified? My transcripts were all received 6/11, still no verification though..

anyone know the current timetable to have your GPA verified? My transcripts were all received 6/11, still no verification though..
Interesting, mine was received on 6/11 as well and was verified yesturday 6/16

Mine was received on 6/11 too. Just got verify today the 17th.

Just received all of mine on the 16th, lets see how long this one takes to get verified.

Seems like it will take quite a while for my committee letter to be uploaded...I guess AADSAS won't mail my application if they don't have my LORs?

Seems like it will take quite a while for my committee letter to be uploaded...I guess AADSAS won't mail my application if they don't have my LORs?

You guessed wrong. :) Check the AADSAS FAQs thread--it's a pretty good overview.

Not necessarily true, only 3 of my 4 letters are in but I've been receiving secondaries once my GPA was varified on 6/16.

Thank you so much Glimmer! That makes me feel much better:)

However, as another note, your application will be sent without LORs... but that doesn't mean that schools will look at your application before they're in.

How late are you talking with the committee letter?

However, as another note, your application will be sent without LORs... but that doesn't mean that schools will look at your application before they're in.

How late are you talking with the committee letter?

It should be in by no later than 7/15, hopefully earlier than that. It's really frustrating that my school won't start to process my letter until I e-submit (which I did on 6/13) and it's going to take them "up to 30 days" to complete the letter...

It should be in by no later than 7/15, hopefully earlier than that. It's really frustrating that my school won't start to process my letter until I e-submit (which I did on 6/13) and it's going to take them "up to 30 days" to complete the letter...
Wait, why would your school do that? Do they know that it might put you at a disadvantage? I know it's early but still.

Wait, why would your school do that? Do they know that it might put you at a disadvantage? I know it's early but still.

I have no clue. All my individual recommendations were in before June 1st and they also have my ps draft and resume and transcript etc.. I only hope that it's not going to really take them 30 days :(

July 15th is totally fine. I've heard of committees taking until late August! I usually just recommend that those folks bypass the committee altogether and submit individual letters. Don't sweat it. :)

they have received my transcripts June 10th and my GPAs haven't been verified yet.. should I be worried? call AADSAS?