2014 destroyer vs 2015 destroyer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whoDATwhoDAT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been studying for the DAT for quite some time and I have been using both the 2014 and 2015 destroyer and they are almost the same exact thing. I thought the 2015 was going to have many new questions but there only seems to be a handful.

I bought the 2014 destroyer last summer because that was when I originally intended on taking my exam but plans changed and I took my DAT this summer. I just wanted to make this post because I would have appreciated it if someone told me about the similarity between the two books and I would have saved myself $200 which I used to buy this book which is basically a repeat of 2014.

I'm just making this thread if anyone is planning on investing a lot of money on the 2015 book. I say it isn't worth all that money and to just buy a 2014 book from a friend for half the price. Like I said, I wish someone had told me this before and I figured I might as well save you guys from having a gaping hole in your pockets like my current situation.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I used both books, and I think getting the 2015 one is worth it.

In the 2015 book, there's a very comprehensive orgo roadmap, which I found was very helpful and there were new questions added to all of the sections. I feel you will definitely do better with the 2015 book, it's more of a question do you think an extra 1, or 2 points or even more on your TS is worthwhile the $200.

With my 'sub-optimal' undergraduate marks, I think it was worth it :p

Idk if you're just one of Dr. Romano's guys that are trying to lead students into buying a more recent book but in all honesty the 2014 book also has the exact same road maps that the 2015 one had. Again, I wish someone would have told me this before I spent 200$ on a book with a handful of new questions. @nickh

Yeah I agree, I got a 25 AA using the 2014 book (along with several other resources). I took a look at my friend's 2015 destroyer and it was practically the same thing. Saved myself $200!

Members don't see this ad :)
Idk if you're just one of Dr. Romano's guys that are trying to lead students into buying a more recent book but in all honesty the 2014 book also has the exact same road maps that the 2015 one had. Again, I wish someone would have told me this before I spent 200$ on a book with a handful of new questions. @nickh

That's definitely not true, I don't have those 2 books with me right now, but I do clearly remember there was another collection of roadmaps in the 2015 book.
As for the $200 on a book with a handful of new questions, each question covers another area of the section. I can almost guarantee you those new questions will help you on the DAT. Again, it could be a difference of 19 vs 20 or 21, but it's up to you to think the extra if $200 is worth it?

That's definitely not true, I don't have those 2 books with me right now, but I do clearly remember there was another collection of roadmaps in the 2015 book.
As for the $200 on a book with a handful of new questions, each question covers another area of the section. I can almost guarantee you those new questions will help you on the DAT. Again, it could be a difference of 19 vs 20 or 21, but it's up to you to think the extra if $200 is worth it?
To each his own, but personally no I don't think it's worth it. Like I said, I got a 25 without it and if I can get a grade that high then I really think anyone can.

Reactions: 1 user