2014 International Students DS Admission Statistics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc toothache

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the 2013 entering class, the number of international students attending US dental school has dropped from 279 the previous year to 174. The number of school represented also dropped from 48 to 21. The largest contingent comes from Canada, followed by S Korea, China and Kuwait.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• 2014 International-Canadian DS Admission 8-28-14.xls
    52.5 KB · Views: 592
Reactions: 1 users
The tuition fees are too high for International students, that's why the number is dropping. I'm pretty sure it's the same for Medical studentsf

The tuition fees are too high for International students, that's why the number is dropping. I'm pretty sure it's the same for Medical studentsf

No way. They have more than enough internationals lining up to pay whatever tuition they ask for (myself included). The schools just prefer US citizens, understandably so.

With few exceptions, the tuition for inter students is the same as that for non residents. The decrease in the number of inter applicants/enrollees is not likely to adversely affect US dental schools. The cost of dental education is likely, however, to have deterred a few applicants.-
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/2014-cost-of-us-dental-education.1102338/
I

Last edited: