-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 panic thread
Started by SuperSlim
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm in a similar situation to you in that my S.O. is also applying to PhD programs. Only difference is that he hasn't been accepted yet. He's complaining about the <1 month wait already, when I've been waiting for a decision from some schools for half a yearMaybe I'm being overly dramatic, but it's freaking me out that we don't know if we'll be in the same place or not. Like if we are, we might live together and things could get really serious and maybe we'd end up together for life..!? Otherwise we'd be doing LDR or breaking up and I don't like either of those options 😢
Haha yep, I am basically in exactly the same situation! Gah, this process is tough enough without the added pressure of potentially making or breaking a serious relationship.
By the way, I think we may have both interviewed at UCincy two weeks ago judging by your posts in that thread... this is gonna be a difficult wait.It's been quiet over here for over a month! Am I the only one panicking still????
Should get two decisions in the next few weeks...scary times.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Should get two decisions in the next few weeks...scary times.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think I will be getting 3 of my 4 decision within the month of March... which scares the crap outta me
Could possibly get back both of my decisions in March...though have basically come to the conclusion that I will more than likely be reapplying, and possibly having to go DO...both hurt my soul beyond words. Not to mention the further pounding my wallet will take.
I'm far past panicking... I'm sad, stressed, and one HUGE b*tch to be around at nearly all times of the day 🙂
I'm far past panicking... I'm sad, stressed, and one HUGE b*tch to be around at nearly all times of the day 🙂
I'm expecting two big decisions in late March and I am decidedly freaked out. Also, at one school with literally every communication I receive from them the wait time gets longer. Immediately after my group interviewed somebody said 4-6 weeks, then at the debriefing at the end of the interview day they said 5-8 weeks, then in an email I received after the interview they said 6-10 weeks. It's like a scene from a sitcom.I think I will be getting 3 of my 4 decision within the month of March... which scares the crap outta me![]()
Definitely joining this thread. One interview invite back in October and nothing since then. I've started studying for the MCAT again 🙁
What's your current score and when did you take it?Definitely joining this thread. One interview invite back in October and nothing since then. I've started studying for the MCAT again 🙁
I am about to start studying again as well [emoji20]Definitely joining this thread. One interview invite back in October and nothing since then. I've started studying for the MCAT again 🙁
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
+1 on re-studying MCAT fun 🙁
I myself am planning on a year of coursework... Really don't want to but I need to.
Are you wanting to lose 20 lbs in a span of 2 months? Then apply to Medical School! All the anxiety of the final months will ensure you lose your appetite and when you do get a chance to eat, it will just pass right through you with no remorse!! If you're REALLY lucky you will stress eat yourself into GAINING 20 lbs! 







+2 🙁+1 on re-studying MCAT fun 🙁
What's your current score and when did you take it?
29 (10/9/10) and I took in in 2014.
Probably a sound course of action. Good luck!29 (10/9/10) and I took in in 2014.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1Still stuck on 2 waitlists, hopefully my number comes up in May 🙁.
Also stuck on two WL at my state schools and get a decision for another in early April.Still stuck on 2 waitlists, hopefully my number comes up in May 🙁.
Feel for you. Hope you dont need to!I myself am planning on a year of coursework... Really don't want to but I need to.
Still stuck on 2 waitlists, hopefully my number comes up in May 🙁.
+2
Totally sucks. Right there with ya
Similar threads
- Replies
- 88
- Views
- 12K
- Replies
- 30
- Views
- 7K
Maybe I'm being overly dramatic, but it's freaking me out that we don't know if we'll be in the same place or not. Like if we are, we might live together and things could get really serious and maybe we'd end up together for life..!? Otherwise we'd be doing LDR or breaking up and I don't like either of those options