2015 July takers!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

R32

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys! I saw the threads on how some of you guys did on your pcats in July.. I took one in July as well, my first time taking it. I couldn't get my score because accidentally I selected the no score option :( and I'm retaking it in September.. The worse part about it is that I think I did pretty well.. I have been studying dr Collins 2015 version and it deff helped I think... All I want to know is the people that took the pcat also just used dr Collins and how did they do? Was it enough? I feel like the reading part killed me.. But I can't compare anything because I didn't get my scores :( I just started reviewing chemistry again today.. Got a whole month to review... But then again school starts in 2 weeks.. I have all my application ready just waiting for the exam..

Members don't see this ad.

I did VERY poorly in reading. Like it was embarrassing but I got a 99 in chem, 89 in math and 82 in bio so my composite score was 92. My recommendation is to really concentrate on math, chem and bio. Obviously practice the reading and work on your timing of it but I would say chem and all those other ones are more important. I also studied dr. collins and it really worked for me. That was pretty much the only thing I did to study. I did also do three of the pearson practice tests to see where I was and what areas i needed to study, which I would also recommend.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for your response.. Now I did purchase the 3 practice exam but obviously used them before July exam.. If I purchase them again are they going to be diff or the same? Also does anyone know about the long passages? Did they count this year or no? For Chem and bio

Dr. Collins is not going to help you much for reading. His passages are too easy so I would suggest using Kaplan. Their passages are longer and more difficult, similar to the actual test. Dr. Collins best for verbal, math and chemistry. His biology stuff is okay but I think Kaplan covers the subjects more comprehensively. The Pearson tests will also help but there's no point in repurchasing them because I believe they'll be the same ones you had before. It's better to just retake the same ones. Kaplan told us that the passages for chem and bio were experimental and do not count towards your score.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr. Collins is not going to help you much for reading. His passages are too easy so I would suggest using Kaplan. Their passages are longer and more difficult, similar to the actual test. Dr. Collins best for verbal, math and chemistry. His biology stuff is okay but I think Kaplan covers the subjects more comprehensively. The Pearson tests will also help but there's no point in repurchasing them because I believe they'll be the same ones you had before. It's better to just retake the same ones. Kaplan told us that the passages for chem and bio were experimental and do not count towards your score.
Hey thank you for the response! Just a quick question.. You took Kaplan this year? And that's when they told you that? I'm relived because they are pain in the a*s.. Take up too much time

Hey thank you for the response! Just a quick question.. You took Kaplan this year? And that's when they told you that? I'm relived because they are pain in the a*s.. Take up too much time
Yep I took the class this summer and that's what they told us! They suggested skipping the passages at first and then going back & trying to solve them later if you have time.

Hello guys! I saw the threads on how some of you guys did on your pcats in July.. I took one in July as well, my first time taking it. I couldn't get my score because accidentally I selected the no score option :( and I'm retaking it in September.. The worse part about it is that I think I did pretty well.. I have been studying dr Collins 2015 version and it deff helped I think... All I want to know is the people that took the pcat also just used dr Collins and how did they do? Was it enough? I feel like the reading part killed me.. But I can't compare anything because I didn't get my scores :( I just started reviewing chemistry again today.. Got a whole month to review... But then again school starts in 2 weeks.. I have all my application ready just waiting for the exam..
where did you click that? I'm taking my test in september and don't want that to happen to me