Quantcast

2016-2017 Essay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PrePT850

Reaction score
I am almost done with my application for this cycle, and all I have left is the essay on professionalism! From what I have read on here, this seems like a new route they are taking instead of having us write a personal statement, which I was fully prepared to do. Does anyone have any tips on how to accurately respond to this essay question?

Skyris

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am almost done with my application for this cycle, and all I have left is the essay on professionalism! From what I have read on here, this seems like a new route they are taking instead of having us write a personal statement, which I was fully prepared to do. Does anyone have any tips on how to accurately respond to this essay question?

I wouldn't rule out the inclusion of personal thoughts/experiences within the scope of the prompt. You want your personality to shine through. and this 'essay' can still very much be a personal statement.

Some people on here are ignoring the prompt almost entirely in favor of personal narratives, others are striking a balance. I'm writing it more like a formal essay with some personal examples because that's what I'm best at.

Reactions: 1 user