2016-2017 Essay

Started by PrePT850
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PrePT850

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am almost done with my application for this cycle, and all I have left is the essay on professionalism! From what I have read on here, this seems like a new route they are taking instead of having us write a personal statement, which I was fully prepared to do. Does anyone have any tips on how to accurately respond to this essay question?
 
I am almost done with my application for this cycle, and all I have left is the essay on professionalism! From what I have read on here, this seems like a new route they are taking instead of having us write a personal statement, which I was fully prepared to do. Does anyone have any tips on how to accurately respond to this essay question?

I wouldn't rule out the inclusion of personal thoughts/experiences within the scope of the prompt. You want your personality to shine through. and this 'essay' can still very much be a personal statement.

Some people on here are ignoring the prompt almost entirely in favor of personal narratives, others are striking a balance. I'm writing it more like a formal essay with some personal examples because that's what I'm best at.