[2016-2017] IMG Emergency Medicine App & interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Only very very very few programs have even started to give interviews. Don't panic yet! and omg I didn;t even know there were that many programs. Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
posting for a friend: anyone know where to find a list of last years EM IMG friendly programs?

Rejections from about 30% of the programs I applied to and no invites :thumbup:.

On the bright side my pick up game is strong now that I no longer fear rejection.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Rejections from about 30% of the programs I applied to and no invites :thumbup:.

On the bright side my pick up game is strong now that I no longer fear rejection.

What are your stats/ CV ?

Last edited:

Last edited:
This year IMG app thread is not as active as last year's. Or am I not in a proper thread ?

Got 10 rejections so far but no Invites. It is getting nervous. :confused::scared:

Deleted

Last edited:
How is everyone doing on the EM application trail. seems like this years thread is much quieter than lasts?

hope all is well on the interview trail. I only got 5 interviews last year and still matched at my number one program. keep your heads held high. EM is getting very competitive.

hope all is well on the interview trail. I only got 5 interviews last year and still matched at my number one program. keep your heads held high. EM is getting very competitive.
Glad to hear you matched last year! How many programs did you apply to and what were your stats like?

Glad to hear you matched last year! How many programs did you apply to and what were your stats like?
250/259 I had 3 SLOEs from 2 programs. I did two EM rotations. 3rd in my class. Extra-circulars were weak/standard volunteering stuff. no publications. I applied to pretty much every program out there. Did not get a whole lot of interviews. Ended up with 5 and 2 wait listed. Did not apply a back up. Matched my number one which was a program I had my eye on and had taken cribs in the past.

Matched, IMG surgery prelim now will be a EM categorial resident.... this journey was bitter sweet pain, with ups and many many downs but..... damn it feels good to be a gangsta

Reactions: 1 users