2016-2017 IMG Radiology Residency Interview thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IMGradiology2017

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Lots of invites posted for AMGs, but the situation is not the same for IMGs and I haven't heard anything from anyone. Let's post our situation and invites here, similar to the general interview invite thread. Also post prelim invites and where.

Members don't see this ad.

Lots of invites posted for AMGs, but the situation is not the same for IMGs and I haven't heard anything from anyone. Let's post our situation and invites here, similar to the general interview invite thread. Also post prelim invites and where.

NEW YORK

Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine at Staten Island University Hospital Preliminary Program Internal Medicine 10/23
St. John's Riverside Hospital Program Internal Medicine 10/27

Members don't see this ad :)
IV Winthrop (NY)
IV Pennsylvania Hospital Univ of Penn Program (PA)
Prelim Staten Island Univ
No rejections, but email from Drexel (PA) saying my app was on hold and they'll reopen it in a month if spots free up.

comforting to know that radiology seems to be a specialty where no matter what your scores, it's quiet for all IMGs in september.

Last edited:
Rad- University of Arkansas (09/29)

Thanks for starting this thread!

No invites/rejection yet.
Just an email from Drexel saying my application is on hold.

Thanks for starting this thread!

No invites/rejection yet.
Just an email from Drexel saying my application is on hold.
Seems like Drexel has sent that letter to all applicants. Some new way of polite rejection!

Reactions: 1 user
NEW YORK

Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine at Staten Island University Hospital Preliminary Program Internal Medicine 10/23
St. John's Riverside Hospital Program Internal Medicine 10/27
Florida Atlantic University Internal Medicine Preliminary

Thought I'd be getting some invites by now. Any other IMGs hearing back from programs other than Arkansas? Anyone know when invites started rolling for IMGs last year?

Didn't get anything yet! Anyone got IV other than Arkansas?

Radiosilence on my end. I've heard of atlantic-morristown, and hartford are sending out IV's for IMG's.

Florida Atlantic University Internal Medicine Preliminary
GOT INTERVIEW FROM ARKANSAAS ON TUESDAY 10/11
Applied in 59 surgery and 45 medicine but no interview in prelim yet
IV Winthrop (NY)
IV Pennsylvania Hospital Univ of Penn Program (PA)
Prelim Staten Island Univ
No rejections, but email from Drexel (PA) saying my app was on hold and they'll reopen it in a month if spots free up.
comforting to know that radiology seems to be a specialty where no matter what your scores, it's quiet for all IMGs in september.

What are the rejections you guys have received so far ?

Members don't see this ad :)
6 IVs, 0 rejections so far: 2017 US top Carib IMG, 260+ x 2.

Winthrop
Hartford Hospital
Atlantic Health Morristown
New York Medical College - Westchester
Penn Hospital UPenn
Univ Health / Case Western

Reactions: 1 user
6 IVs, 0 rejections so far: 2017 US top Carib IMG, 260+ x 2.

Winthrop
Hartford Hospital
Atlantic Health Morristown
New York Medical College - Westchester
Penn Hospital UPenn
Univ Health / Case Western
Congratulations ! Are you interested in IR? Or purely DR?

Congratulations ! Are you interested in IR? Or purely DR?

I wouldn't mind doing the ESIR track. I didn't apply to DR/IR combined programs if that's what you're asking, I didn't want to commit to a career in IR and anyways I feel like they are impossible for a non-USMG to get.

IV #7: Richmond University Hospital program

Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Program Internal Medicine
Hofstra North well School of Medicine at Staten Island University Hospital
St.John's Riverside Hospital Program Internal Medicine
New York Methodist Hospital Program Internal Medicine
SUNY Upstate Medical University Program Internal Medicine
Jersey Shore University Medical Center - Program Internal Medicine
SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn Program downstate
Richmond University Medical Center Program
Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center Program
Florida Atlantic University Internal Medicine Residency Program

ALL PRELIMS

Tulane
Winthrop

prelims:
mt. sinai Chicago
NYP-queens-prelim surg

Congrats for the interview invites!!

No IVs for me yet. Rejection from Mayo Rochester and polite No from Drexel. Anyone else in my boat?

Arkansas
St Vincent Bridgeport
Prelim: Lincoln

Do you guys mind posting your scores along with the interviews received/rejected

>240's both steps, non-us img, recent grad
only 2 interviews... is anyone on the same boat, do you guys think interviews will come later for us? I have not been hearing anything lately and started to get really worried. Is this normal?

>240's both steps, non-us img, recent grad
only 2 interviews... is anyone on the same boat, do you guys think interviews will come later for us? I have not been hearing anything lately and started to get really worried. Is this normal?
I am absolutely on the same boat! Step 1 250 and 2 >240. Can not figure out why they don't send us any IV! I've got 2 so far...I am really nervous!

did you guys do you US electives?

ya Carib IMG, all rotations in united states, All letters from american docs including radiology department chair

Best of luck everyone!

I did 2.5 years of research fellowship and observership at best medical schools in US. Have published 8 articles.
Do you guys know anyone with the same experiences last year? I don't know what will happen...
did you guys do you US electives?[/QUOTE

Many of the IMGs I have talked to are struggling for interviews. Even people I know with 230s applying to family are not getting interviews. These guys are recent grads, all clinical done in America, and American citizens. I hate to say it but I think its just going to go downhill for img's. Last years thread people were doing a lot better then I see on this thread thats for sure.

I cannot compare this year to the last one, but I know some friends who have received interviews from very good programs. They just don't want to tell others about it.

Last edited:
the bottom for radiology was 2015. 2016 was more competitive and I suspect this year will continue that trend.

Tried looking for a thread regarding IV's last season for IMG's, and could'nt find anything in rads. IMO it still seems early. I'm sure most of us will hit double digit IV's.

What the hell is going on, is it same all over for Non US IMGs on radiology...
apart from couple of radio and couple prelims all things are not moving. 1 week since any positive news. when will ivs come???

What the hell is going on, is it same all over for Non US IMGs on radiology...
apart from couple of radio and couple prelims all things are not moving. 1 week since any positive news. when will ivs come???
i dunno man but same on my side, i just hope everything goes better in the days to come... its really getting me down. Finding it tough to deal with the anxiety especially with the expectations of better results.

i dunno man but same on my side, i just hope everything goes better in the days to come... its really getting me down. Finding it tough to deal with the anxiety especially with the expectations of better results.
Do you have any idea when is the expected last dates for calls..