You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 IMG Radiology Residency Interview thread
Started by IMGradiology2017
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Lots of invites posted for AMGs, but the situation is not the same for IMGs and I haven't heard anything from anyone. Let's post our situation and invites here, similar to the general interview invite thread. Also post prelim invites and where.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IV Winthrop (NY)
IV Pennsylvania Hospital Univ of Penn Program (PA)
Prelim Staten Island Univ
No rejections, but email from Drexel (PA) saying my app was on hold and they'll reopen it in a month if spots free up.
comforting to know that radiology seems to be a specialty where no matter what your scores, it's quiet for all IMGs in september.
IV Pennsylvania Hospital Univ of Penn Program (PA)
Prelim Staten Island Univ
No rejections, but email from Drexel (PA) saying my app was on hold and they'll reopen it in a month if spots free up.
comforting to know that radiology seems to be a specialty where no matter what your scores, it's quiet for all IMGs in september.
Last edited:
Rad- University of Arkansas (09/29)
GOT INTERVIEW FROM ARKANSAAS ON TUESDAY 10/11
Applied in 59 surgery and 45 medicine but no interview in prelim yet
Seems like Drexel has sent that letter to all applicants. Some new way of polite rejection!Thanks for starting this thread!
No invites/rejection yet.
Just an email from Drexel saying my application is on hold.
Florida Atlantic University Internal Medicine PreliminaryNEW YORK
Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine at Staten Island University Hospital Preliminary Program Internal Medicine 10/23
St. John's Riverside Hospital Program Internal Medicine 10/27
Florida Atlantic University Internal Medicine Preliminary
GOT INTERVIEW FROM ARKANSAAS ON TUESDAY 10/11
Applied in 59 surgery and 45 medicine but no interview in prelim yet
IV Winthrop (NY)
IV Pennsylvania Hospital Univ of Penn Program (PA)
Prelim Staten Island Univ
No rejections, but email from Drexel (PA) saying my app was on hold and they'll reopen it in a month if spots free up.
comforting to know that radiology seems to be a specialty where no matter what your scores, it's quiet for all IMGs in september.
What are the rejections you guys have received so far ?
UPMC, UCLA, New Mexico, and on hold (practically reject) from DrexelWhat are the rejections you guys have received so far ?
Oh. I am so scared of all the rejections 🙁 Drexel said no in a polite way!UPMC, UCLA, New Mexico, and on hold (practically reject) from Drexel
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
6 IVs, 0 rejections so far: 2017 US top Carib IMG, 260+ x 2.
Winthrop
Hartford Hospital
Atlantic Health Morristown
New York Medical College - Westchester
Penn Hospital UPenn
Univ Health / Case Western
Winthrop
Hartford Hospital
Atlantic Health Morristown
New York Medical College - Westchester
Penn Hospital UPenn
Univ Health / Case Western
Congratulations ! Are you interested in IR? Or purely DR?6 IVs, 0 rejections so far: 2017 US top Carib IMG, 260+ x 2.
Winthrop
Hartford Hospital
Atlantic Health Morristown
New York Medical College - Westchester
Penn Hospital UPenn
Univ Health / Case Western
6 IVs, 0 rejections so far: 2017 US top Carib IMG, 260+ x 2.
Winthrop
Hartford Hospital
Atlantic Health Morristown
New York Medical College - Westchester
Penn Hospital UPenn
Univ Health / Case Western
Amazing!
Congratulations ! Are you interested in IR? Or purely DR?
I wouldn't mind doing the ESIR track. I didn't apply to DR/IR combined programs if that's what you're asking, I didn't want to commit to a career in IR and anyways I feel like they are impossible for a non-USMG to get.
IV #7: Richmond University Hospital program
IV #7: Richmond University Hospital program
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Program Internal Medicine
Hofstra North well School of Medicine at Staten Island University Hospital
St.John's Riverside Hospital Program Internal Medicine
New York Methodist Hospital Program Internal Medicine
SUNY Upstate Medical University Program Internal Medicine
Jersey Shore University Medical Center - Program Internal Medicine
SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn Program downstate
Richmond University Medical Center Program
Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center Program
Florida Atlantic University Internal Medicine Residency Program
ALL PRELIMS
Tulane
Winthrop
prelims:
mt. sinai Chicago
NYP-queens-prelim surg
Do you mind sharing your scores?
IV #8: Mount Sinai Miami
around the average of IMG's matching in rads last year.Do you mind sharing your scores?
Rejection from USF
also rejection from USF.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IV #10: St. Vincent's Bridgeport
IV #9 was SUNY Upstate
IV #11 Maimonides
>240's both steps, non-us img, recent grad
only 2 interviews... is anyone on the same boat, do you guys think interviews will come later for us? I have not been hearing anything lately and started to get really worried. Is this normal?
only 2 interviews... is anyone on the same boat, do you guys think interviews will come later for us? I have not been hearing anything lately and started to get really worried. Is this normal?
I am absolutely on the same boat! Step 1 250 and 2 >240. Can not figure out why they don't send us any IV! I've got 2 so far...I am really nervous!>240's both steps, non-us img, recent grad
only 2 interviews... is anyone on the same boat, do you guys think interviews will come later for us? I have not been hearing anything lately and started to get really worried. Is this normal?
ya Carib IMG, all rotations in united states, All letters from american docs including radiology department chair
I did 2.5 years of research fellowship and observership at best medical schools in US. Have published 8 articles.
Do you guys know anyone with the same experiences last year? I don't know what will happen...
Do you guys know anyone with the same experiences last year? I don't know what will happen...
did you guys do you US electives?[/QUOTE
Many of the IMGs I have talked to are struggling for interviews. Even people I know with 230s applying to family are not getting interviews. These guys are recent grads, all clinical done in America, and American citizens. I hate to say it but I think its just going to go downhill for img's. Last years thread people were doing a lot better then I see on this thread thats for sure.
Let me correct myself it was a 2015 thread.
http://www.usmle-forums.com/img-res...-img-2015-radiology-residency-interviews.html
I guess a lot of what I was looking at was posted in November so we will see how the next cpl weeks go. I feel like a lot of ppl I know in other specialties should be getting more interviews also. Hopefully thinks pick up in the next 3 weeks. Good luck to everyone
http://www.usmle-forums.com/img-res...-img-2015-radiology-residency-interviews.html
I guess a lot of what I was looking at was posted in November so we will see how the next cpl weeks go. I feel like a lot of ppl I know in other specialties should be getting more interviews also. Hopefully thinks pick up in the next 3 weeks. Good luck to everyone
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
US IMG. 4 Rads, 2 prelim med. Hoping for good luck to all this week
IV #12 St. Barnabas
i dunno man but same on my side, i just hope everything goes better in the days to come... its really getting me down. Finding it tough to deal with the anxiety especially with the expectations of better results.What the hell is going on, is it same all over for Non US IMGs on radiology...
apart from couple of radio and couple prelims all things are not moving. 1 week since any positive news. when will ivs come???
Do you have any idea when is the expected last dates for calls..i dunno man but same on my side, i just hope everything goes better in the days to come... its really getting me down. Finding it tough to deal with the anxiety especially with the expectations of better results.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K