2016-2017 UIW DPT Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPTapplicant805

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone interviewing at UIW on November 19th for their DPT program? Anyone previously interview there and can shed some light on what the process is like? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Search uiw and there are some great forums from previous years about how they conduct their interviews. There is no information for this year though. Their first interview date is in November, which is the one they invited you to. Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your application?
From what I read, the interviews are a little different, they have "speed dating" small interviews and they ask about "Problem Based Learning" which is what they mostly focus on. Hope this helps, can't wait to hear from you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Search uiw and there are some great forums from previous years about how they conduct their interviews. There is no information for this year though. Their first interview date is in November, which is the one they invited you to. Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your application?
From what I read, the interviews are a little different, they have "speed dating" small interviews and they ask about "Problem Based Learning" which is what they mostly focus on. Hope this helps, can't wait to hear from you!
Thanks! I am excited! I submitted my application through PTCAS the beginning of August. Did you apply to UIW too?

“Turtlot: I interviewed with them back in January. There is a test and there are scenario questions but they’re honestly not that bad at all. You spend about an hour with 6 different professors where they each conduct 10 minute interview with you asking various questions about academic and scenarios (in both clinical and professional setting). Then you’ll get the chance to interview with current students and tour the campus. Hope this helps!”

This is from an older forum!
Thank you for replying, and yes! I applied to the UIW DPT Program, but I should have turned in my application earlier. I submitted my application until mid September. Anyway, I wish you the best, you're going to do great!

“Turtlot: I interviewed with them back in January. There is a test and there are scenario questions but they’re honestly not that bad at all. You spend about an hour with 6 different professors where they each conduct 10 minute interview with you asking various questions about academic and scenarios (in both clinical and professional setting). Then you’ll get the chance to interview with current students and tour the campus. Hope this helps!”

This is from an older forum!
Thank you for replying, and yes! I applied to the UIW DPT Program, but I should have turned in my application earlier. I submitted my application until mid September. Anyway, I wish you the best, you're going to do great!
Thank you! This is very helpful. I wish you the best of luck too. I think UIW does a couple of interview days - I bet you'll get invited to another one.

Last edited:
Thank you! This is very helpful. I wish you the best of luck too. I think UIW dies a couple of interview days - I bet you'll get invited to another one.
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

I just got invited today. Good luck to everyone!

Did you get invited to the November 19th interview as well?
yes i did actually! i'm very excited to go, especially because it's in San Antonio. Love the city.

You're going to do awesome! Best of luck!

Hey, if any of you guys want yall can private message me and I can give you details on the interview process! I interviewed last cycle and got accepted the next week lol xD

Members don't see this ad :)
What did you think of the interview? @Dai

It was really interesting to say the least! Unfortunately I'm not allowed to disclose anything but definitely be prepared for.a long morning!

Has anyone been accepted to UIW for the class of 2020? Are you accepting/ declining? Trying to find out when letters went out and all of that!

I interviewed with the first group nov 19 and was told I was waitlisted but mostly likely would hear back again from them after the January interview date. Just curious where other people stood with UIW!

I interviewed with the first group nov 19 and was told I was waitlisted but mostly likely would hear back again from them after the January interview date. Just curious where other people stood with UIW!
@Dptdreamer15 I was also waitlisted after that interview.

Last edited:
I was also placed on the waiting list and was part of the first interview group. I believe in the email; Christina stated that interviews would be conducted through late february not january.
@DPT2465 I believe you are correct. They were holding interviews in both January and February.

Interviewed 1/21 & received my acceptance letter yesterday! Best of luck to everyone!

Interviewed 1/21 & received my acceptance letter yesterday! Best of luck to everyone!
Congrats buddy!
Did they say if they were going to conduct another round of interviews late february or was January the last date?

Congrats buddy!
Did they say if they were going to conduct another round of interviews late february or was January the last date?

Thank ya! Shucks, not that I recall. They did hold three interviews last year. The last one was in early March, so I'm sure there will be another.

Hi all, I'm new to this thread but I'd been lurking around for some time haha. I interviewed 2/25 and got an acceptance email 3/15!

Hi all, I'm new to this thread but I'd been lurking around for some time haha. I interviewed 2/25 and got an acceptance email 3/15!
Congrats! Are you going to attend? How long do you have to accept/send the deposit? By the way, do you know if they are still deciding or have they already sent out/emailed all their acceptances?

Congrats! Are you going to attend? How long do you have to accept/send the deposit? By the way, do you know if they are still deciding or have they already sent out/emailed all their acceptances?

Thanks so much!! I have until 3/31 to accept/send the deposit, and I don't know if they've finished emailing out acceptances! I'm still debating whether to attend USA or UIW at the moment, but I don't have too long to decide haha

Thanks so much!! I have until 3/31 to accept/send the deposit, and I don't know if they've finished emailing out acceptances! I'm still debating whether to attend USA or UIW at the moment, but I don't have too long to decide haha
Congrats my friend! I'm on the waitlist for UIW. Christina emailed me today that they are still awaiting to hear back from their offers but a few spots should be opening up. Unfortunately they do not release information on the waitlist (what position you are on it) etc.

Congrats my friend! I'm on the waitlist for UIW. Christina emailed me today that they are still awaiting to hear back from their offers but a few spots should be opening up. Unfortunately they do not release information on the waitlist (what position you are on it) etc.

Hello, and thank you very much! Congrats on being waitlisted!! It was a tough decision but I'll be declining my offer from UIW to attend USA, so hopefully that opens up an opportunity for you! Best of luck :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just got accepted off of the UIW waitlist this morning.

Congratulations! Had you already committed to another school? How long did UIW give you to make a decision?
Thank you! They gave me until June 5th to make a decision. I have been accepted to two other programs also.

Last edited:
I declined my acceptance to UIW. I hope this helps someone else who is on the wait list. Good luck!