2016-2017 UIW DPT Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DPTapplicant805

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone interviewing at UIW on November 19th for their DPT program? Anyone previously interview there and can shed some light on what the process is like? Thanks!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dai
Search uiw and there are some great forums from previous years about how they conduct their interviews. There is no information for this year though. Their first interview date is in November, which is the one they invited you to. Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your application?
From what I read, the interviews are a little different, they have "speed dating" small interviews and they ask about "Problem Based Learning" which is what they mostly focus on. Hope this helps, can't wait to hear from you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Search uiw and there are some great forums from previous years about how they conduct their interviews. There is no information for this year though. Their first interview date is in November, which is the one they invited you to. Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your application?
From what I read, the interviews are a little different, they have "speed dating" small interviews and they ask about "Problem Based Learning" which is what they mostly focus on. Hope this helps, can't wait to hear from you!
Thanks! I am excited! I submitted my application through PTCAS the beginning of August. Did you apply to UIW too?
 
“Turtlot: I interviewed with them back in January. There is a test and there are scenario questions but they’re honestly not that bad at all. You spend about an hour with 6 different professors where they each conduct 10 minute interview with you asking various questions about academic and scenarios (in both clinical and professional setting). Then you’ll get the chance to interview with current students and tour the campus. Hope this helps!”

This is from an older forum!
Thank you for replying, and yes! I applied to the UIW DPT Program, but I should have turned in my application earlier. I submitted my application until mid September. Anyway, I wish you the best, you're going to do great!
 
“Turtlot: I interviewed with them back in January. There is a test and there are scenario questions but they’re honestly not that bad at all. You spend about an hour with 6 different professors where they each conduct 10 minute interview with you asking various questions about academic and scenarios (in both clinical and professional setting). Then you’ll get the chance to interview with current students and tour the campus. Hope this helps!”

This is from an older forum!
Thank you for replying, and yes! I applied to the UIW DPT Program, but I should have turned in my application earlier. I submitted my application until mid September. Anyway, I wish you the best, you're going to do great!
Thank you! This is very helpful. I wish you the best of luck too. I think UIW does a couple of interview days - I bet you'll get invited to another one.
 
Last edited:
Hey, if any of you guys want yall can private message me and I can give you details on the interview process! I interviewed last cycle and got accepted the next week lol xD
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed with the first group nov 19 and was told I was waitlisted but mostly likely would hear back again from them after the January interview date. Just curious where other people stood with UIW!
 
I interviewed with the first group nov 19 and was told I was waitlisted but mostly likely would hear back again from them after the January interview date. Just curious where other people stood with UIW!
@Dptdreamer15 I was also waitlisted after that interview.
 
Last edited:
I was also placed on the waiting list and was part of the first interview group. I believe in the email; Christina stated that interviews would be conducted through late february not january.
@DPT2465 I believe you are correct. They were holding interviews in both January and February.
 
Congrats buddy!
Did they say if they were going to conduct another round of interviews late february or was January the last date?

Thank ya! Shucks, not that I recall. They did hold three interviews last year. The last one was in early March, so I'm sure there will be another.
 
Hi all, I'm new to this thread but I'd been lurking around for some time haha. I interviewed 2/25 and got an acceptance email 3/15!
 
Hi all, I'm new to this thread but I'd been lurking around for some time haha. I interviewed 2/25 and got an acceptance email 3/15!
Congrats! Are you going to attend? How long do you have to accept/send the deposit? By the way, do you know if they are still deciding or have they already sent out/emailed all their acceptances?
 
Congrats! Are you going to attend? How long do you have to accept/send the deposit? By the way, do you know if they are still deciding or have they already sent out/emailed all their acceptances?

Thanks so much!! I have until 3/31 to accept/send the deposit, and I don't know if they've finished emailing out acceptances! I'm still debating whether to attend USA or UIW at the moment, but I don't have too long to decide haha
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks so much!! I have until 3/31 to accept/send the deposit, and I don't know if they've finished emailing out acceptances! I'm still debating whether to attend USA or UIW at the moment, but I don't have too long to decide haha
Congrats my friend! I'm on the waitlist for UIW. Christina emailed me today that they are still awaiting to hear back from their offers but a few spots should be opening up. Unfortunately they do not release information on the waitlist (what position you are on it) etc.
 
Congrats my friend! I'm on the waitlist for UIW. Christina emailed me today that they are still awaiting to hear back from their offers but a few spots should be opening up. Unfortunately they do not release information on the waitlist (what position you are on it) etc.

Hello, and thank you very much! Congrats on being waitlisted!! It was a tough decision but I'll be declining my offer from UIW to attend USA, so hopefully that opens up an opportunity for you! Best of luck 🙂


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile