2017-2018 RadOnc Interview Sheet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

justinander31

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I created a 2017-2018 version of the Rad Onc interview sheet. Feel free to make edits or improve the form as you see fit. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Preliminary/Transitional Year Interview thread 2017-2018

Illinois
Loyola Prelim-Med (9/18): 10/26, 11/30, 12/28, 1/18\
UIC Prelim-Med (9/19): Th and Fri 10/12 - 1/19
Macneal TY (9/19): 10/9, 10/10, 10/16, 10/17, 10/23, 10/24, 10/30, 10/31

Michigan
Wayne State TY (9/20): Tues/Wed/Fri - 11/01, 11/03, 11/08, 11/21, 12/06, 12/08, 12/20, 1/03, 1/16

Missouri
WashU Prelim-Med (9/15):11/6, 11/13, 12/4, 12/11

Nebraska
University of Nebraska Prelim-Med (9/19): 10/16, 10/23, 10/30, 11/13, 11/20, 11/27

New York
UHS, Wilson Medical Center (9/20): 9/29, 10/6, 10/13, 10/17, 10/19, 10/20, 10/27, 11/3, 11/10, 11/14, 11/16, 11/17, 11/28, 11/30, 12/8, 12/15, 12/22
NYU Winthrop (9/21): N/A

North Carolina
Carolinas Medical Center (9/18): 10/24, 10/31, 11/7, 11/14, 11/21, 12/5, 12/12, 12/19, 1/9

Ohio
Toledo Prelim-Med (9/19): Tues/Thurs - 11/2, 11/7, 11/9, 11/14, 11/16, 11/21, 11/28, 11/30, 12/5, 12/7, 12/12, 12/14, 12/19

Oregon
Legacy Health (9/19): 11/9, 11/16, 12/7, 12/14 skype dates: 11/30, 12/21, 1/4

I created a 2017-2018 version of the Rad Onc interview sheet. Feel free to make edits or improve the form as you see fit. Good luck everyone!

Is anyone able to edit this? I tried and it's not letting me do anything.
Can we also have the actual link to the google doc page?

Reactions: 2 users
Is anyone able to edit this? I tried and it's not letting me do anything.
Can we also have the actual link to the google doc page?

I changed the settings to allow everyone to edit. I thought this was done before but I apologize for the mistake. Also I am trying to share the link instead of the spreadsheet but it isn't working the way I thought it would. I will continue to try and post the correct link but if someone else knows how to do it then please let me know.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Link to 2017-2018 spreadsheet

If you are able to edit the original post: insert a link using the link icon rather than pasting the link directly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I tried that but still it posts the same way. And now I'm told I don't meet the minimum requirements to post a link despite meeting all the requirements listed..

damn the dude with 272 step...crazy...yall mfs all crazy like vascular and ortho

Members don't see this ad :)
Vascular matches out of med school now?

5 year integrated vascular residency. Pretty smart group of people from when I was an intern.

Also, can I just say that reading the spreadsheet, as not an applicant, is pretty entertaining. The chit-chat section is pretty good comedy. Hang in there, MS4s!

Last edited:
I've got 4 radonc interview offers so far, should I worry about this? Or is this too early?

Hey guys, does anyone know why access has been limited to the spreadsheet?

I've got 0 interviews so far (5 rejections, 84 programs applied to). How concerned should I be at this point, and is there anything I can/should be doing to be proactive?
I think you should have gotten at least 1 from your home institution (if you radonc dept at your school) or one more probably. According to the sheet looks like 40% of the programs have sent their invitation so if 10 invitations are what you need to match, statistically you should have gotten 4 invites. That being said, I was also told that late Oct and early Nov are prime times for invites, so just hang in there man. My number hasn't increased at all this week, so I am getting a bit nervous. Good luck to all.

I think you should have gotten at least 1 from your home institution (if you radonc dept at your school) or one more probably. According to the sheet looks like 40% of the programs have sent their invitation so if 10 invitations are what you need to match, statistically you should have gotten 4 invites. That being said, I was also told that late Oct and early Nov are prime times for invites, so just hang in there man. My number hasn't increased at all this week, so I am getting a bit nervous. Good luck to all.
I would also reach out to programs you really want to match and ask them if you could visit the dept and shadow, I think that's prob the most proactive thing you could do. How about placed you did elective, did they contact you?

Not entirely true.

At this stage in the game, the rockstars are holding onto most or all 40% of those interview invites. Once they realize they can't go to more than 2 at once (and they don't want to go to 20 of them) they'll start cancelling and they'll trickle down to mere mortals.

Again, patience until at least mid November.

Not entirely true.

At this stage in the game, the rockstars are holding onto most or all 40% of those interview invites. Once they realize they can't go to more than 2 at once (and they don't want to go to 20 of them) they'll start cancelling and they'll trickle down to mere mortals.

Again, patience until at least mid November.
Thanks for correcting me. That makes sense, now I feel more optimistic not being a rockstar! : )

Does anyone have a general sense for how many programs in Rad Onc offer the courtesy of an explicit rejection? I mean, if you haven't heard back from say, 20 programs by the end of November, is it safe to assume that those 20 programs aren't interested in you?

Second unrelated question: Is there a significant downside to sharing your application status (i.e., exactly what programs offered you interviews and rejection) with your home Rad Onc program director? They seem like a great person to approach for advice and guidance when prioritizing interviews/programs, but I am curious how people feel knowing that they will likely be ranking you at some point in the future and could use that information in their list accordingly.

Does anyone have a general sense for how many programs in Rad Onc offer the courtesy of an explicit rejection? I mean, if you haven't heard back from say, 20 programs by the end of November, is it safe to assume that those 20 programs aren't interested in you?

Second unrelated question: Is there a significant downside to sharing your application status (i.e., exactly what programs offered you interviews and rejection) with your home Rad Onc program director? They seem like a great person to approach for advice and guidance when prioritizing interviews/programs, but I am curious how people feel knowing that they will likely be ranking you at some point in the future and could use that information in their list accordingly.
Former PD for more than 15 years. I encourage students to work with their home PD. The PD can help (along with associate deans) to develop realistic expectations and advise the student. If the PD is wise, she/he will recognize that helping an earnest student to reach their goals (even if it means ranking another program(s) higher than the home program) will be a positive in the long run. RadOnc is a small community.

pretty sure I screwed it up by accidentally hitting the link sharing toggle button in an attempt to get access to the sharable link, but ended up shutting off link sharing and kicking myself and everyone else out. Sorry everyone! hopefully the owner can toggle link sharing back on soon!

Folks, the chance of matching is slightly greater with US applicants down from 235 last year to 221 this season! Source is the eras preliminary statistics.

Last edited:

can someone please post the link to the spreadsheet? for some reason it's saying on here it's not published and I can't access it. would like to interview swap. thanks!!!!!

can someone please post the link to the spreadsheet? for some reason it's saying on here it's not published and I can't access it. would like to interview swap. thanks!!!!!
Link is available in post # 9 of this thread

Wanted to bump this to the top to make a case for next years applicants to ditch the spreadsheet format for interview impressions.

In the chat section it is filled with cyber bullying, sexism, gossip about other applicants by name, misinformation about programs, and I would go as far as saying misogyny. I believe some of the worst of it has been deleted as it looks like some applicants took a vote to delete.

Next years applicants should really consider going back to the thread format of impressions. At least people wanting to remain anonymous would have to send their post to the moderator.

To reiterate, I encourage anybody who has either an away rotation impression OR an interview impression and is uncomfortable posting with their own SDN account to PM me for an anonymous posting of it. Given the lack of activity in those threads recently, I'm willing to widen the format to somewhat more freehand (basically, whatever people feel like sending me that isn't blatantly inflammatory).

I second evilboyaa. I am also willing to post anonymously on your behalf. SDN contractually obligates us to keep private your private information such as identity.