2017-2018 Wright State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gyngyn

Alta California
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please post the essays or lack thereof (in addition to word or character counts) in this thread and tag one of the pre-allo mods (WedgeDawg, Ismet, Lucca, or gyngyn) so we can update the OP.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Hoping for some IS love :luck:

Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has there been anything at all so far? Secondaries, under review emails?

I haven't heard anything yet either. Guess we will just have to play the waiting game...

all the other school threads are busy and then there's wright state :( lol ty for letting me know im not alone in the silence

In the past it's always been just a survey, I think, so there's that to look forward to.

Based on past threads, I guess the first batch of secondaries will be given next week. Here's hoping!

Agreed! It'll likely still consists of survey questions, exclusively.
Okay cool!
Are the survey questions something I should try and think about beforehand? Like important questions or just an easy general survey about me? Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Okay cool!
Are the survey questions something I should try and think about beforehand? Like important questions or just an easy general survey about me? Thanks!
Haha nah, nothing like that! Take a look at the 2015-2016 thread. The two survey questions are posted there.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if this school accepts AP credits for the English requirement?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! How are your stats? Are you IS or OOS? Wondering if they are screening
Nice!! Is it still a 2 question survey?
Thanks. Stats are about average and I'm OOS. And yeah, they seem to screen. There's a disclaimer not to share the attached link as the committee is sending secondaries by invitation only. And nah, they've done away with the 2-ques survey. There are more questions now.

Thanks. Stats are about average and I'm OOS. And yeah, they seem to screen. There's a disclaimer not to share the attached link as the committee is sending secondaries by invitation only. And nah, they've done away with the 2-ques survey. There are more questions now.
Thanks! So do we have to write essays? Or are you saying that theres more than 2 questions in the survey now.....

Thanks! So do we have to write essays? Or are you saying that theres more than 2 questions in the survey now.....
Sure thing! And yup, but they're more like short responses. Two of which are 250 characters max and the other two are 500 characters max. In addition to those, there are more click all that apply questions.:)

Sure thing! And yup, but they're more like short responses. Two of which are 250 characters max and the other two are 500 characters max. In addition to those, there are more click all that apply questions.:)
Okay thanks, interesting. Do you mind posting those questions please?

I would, but I want to respect the school's wishes not to share the info. But trust me, the questions are all a breeze. The secondary takes about 20-30 mins at most. Also, be sure to know what attracts you to the school.

Does it say they don't want you sharing the info or that they don't want you sharing the link? Because if the link goes straight to the secondary, that makes sense--they don't want any people slipping past their screen and filling out secondaries. But anyone who eventually gets the secondary email will have the info, lol

Yeah its not the info they dont want shared....its the actual link so they dont get secondaries from students who shouldnt be getting one......

Does it say they don't want you sharing the info or that they don't want you sharing the link? Because if the link goes straight to the secondary, that makes sense--they don't want any people slipping past their screen and filling out secondaries. But anyone who eventually gets the secondary email will have the info, lol
Yeah its not the info they dont want shared....its the actual link so they dont get secondaries from students who shouldnt be getting one......
Yup, my bad. I meant the link.

So are you really not going to share the questions? Thats what this entire forum is about. Not being selfish and helping out other students.

I wouldn't pressure someone like that if they aren't comfortable sharing

Reactions: 2 users
@gyngyn

Here are the essays:

Was there a gap year between achieving your last degree and expected matriculation into medical school? If so, please describe how you used this time. If not, please enter “not applicable”. (250 characters)

Would you describe yourself as a non-traditional candidate for medical school? Is so, please explain why. If not, please enter “not applicable”. (500 characters)

What ties do you have to the state of Ohio in general, Dayton, Ohio or Wright State University in particular? If none, please enter “not applicable”. (250 characters)

Why did you choose to apply to Boonshoft School of Medicine? (500 characters)

Relax guys, no need to get so overworked. I was planning on uploading the essays, but I needed to get home first before I could do so. Let's make sure we know what's going on before making assumptions. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Just got secondary.

Secondary received and submitted! I can most definitely confirm that this only takes 20-30 minutes at most to complete.

that's weird. I thought its sent to everyone? I didn't think they screened....do they? if so, is it a light one or heavy? lol

According to the MSAR, Wright State screens. But as for the weight of the screen, I've no idea.

that's weird. I thought its sent to everyone? I didn't think they screened....do they? if so, is it a light one or heavy? lol
I'm thinking they might be beginning to do a more heavy screen where they go through the application and make a determination based on that. I applied to another school that does a holistic screen from the get-go and then invites people to complete a secondary. But, that is just my thought process based on how the email read. In reality, who knows :boom:

Reactions: 1 users
I wouldnt worry yet, I live <1 hr from campus and my GPA is in line with theirs, MCAT above their median and I have got zilch at the moment. Give it time.

Verified yesterday, got the secondary today!

Ugh I could have had this done in 10 minutes if it weren't for the 'why Wright State' question...

Anyone else still waiting on a secondary?
I was submitted there a week ago and have got zilch. I am IS and would not be screened out on account of low metrics...

I was submitted there a week ago and have got zilch. I am IS and would not be screened out on account of low metrics...
Also haven't received a secondary. They're the only school I've heard nothing from.

Also IS, also definitely wouldn't be screened out. No secondary

I'm sure the adcom sends them in batches. It's just a matter of time.
Probably, but I was complete really early so I'm not sure. Isn't this waiting game the greatest?