2017 Application Cycle What are my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentalQueen247

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am applying for the 2017 application cycle and was wondering if I have a chance.
I was a psychology major in college with a minor in natural science and a minor in health studies.
All extracurriculars are strong as well as research and shadowing etc.

My overall GPA including 6 post bac classes is 3.48 and science 3.16.
So remember as an undergrad is was slightly lower..
This is mostly because I failed Gen Chem 2 twice then got an A the third time.
My DAT scores are Bio(19) GC (18) OC (16) TS (18) PAT (19) RC (20) QR(17) AA (18)
but I plan to retake it to get 20's in all subjects which i don't think will be too hard.

Any DAT study tips?

Members don't see this ad.

Shoot for 21+ dat and you might get some interviews.

Dat tips are easy. Destroyer + chad + bootcamp.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys,

I am applying for the 2017 application cycle and was wondering if I have a chance.
I was a psychology major in college with a minor in natural science and a minor in health studies.
All extracurriculars are strong as well as research and shadowing etc.

My overall GPA including 6 post bac classes is 3.48 and science 3.16.
So remember as an undergrad is was slightly lower..
This is mostly because I failed Gen Chem 2 twice then got an A the third time.
My DAT scores are Bio(19) GC (18) OC (16) TS (18) PAT (19) RC (20) QR(17) AA (18)
but I plan to retake it to get 20's in all subjects which i don't think will be too hard.

Any DAT study tips?
Never say never, but you do have an uphill climb, no way around that fact. Go nail that DAT!! You do seriously need to nail it, because your 3.16 sGPA will carry a lot of weight, in my opinion. I'm sure someone will chime in and tell me I'm wrong, but that's the way I see it.