2017 Rank List Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hgnisam2017

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
DO student, good board scores. Cali native who wants to stay somewhat close to home/partner's family in San Diego. Not 100% sure of future career goals but probably won't do fellowship. I enjoy med student teaching a lot. Want a program okay with maternity leave and don't need a research powerhouse. Supportive/nurturing envt important. With that being said...

1) UCSD
2) UCI
-------------these are somewhat fixed unless someone comes up with a damn compelling argument. Because of the DO thing, not feeling great about my chances matching at these 2 places.

I'm having a hard time sorting out between the next 3: OHSU, U of A (Tuscon), and UCSF-Fresno. I had "chemistry" with all of these programs and genuinely felt like I'd thrive there as a resident. Actually, I had more chemistry with these 3 than with the top 2, which are mostly driven by prestige and location. Partner and I have some family in Tuscon, and Fresno is somewhat near to my hometown.

Thoughts on how to rank these? The rest of my rank list is as follows (mostly by gestalt)

6) Samaritan
7) UNR
8) U Colorado
9) HSS
10) U Hawaii
11) UCLA Kern (did not really fit with me and I walked away not feeling like the drive was worth it)

Members don't see this ad.

You should post this in the Rank Order List thread.