2017 STEP 1 SCORE RELEASE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctakay

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took my usmle step 1 Monday December 19th,2016. When should I receive my score? I heard there are no USMLE exams from January 1st-15th. Does that mean scores dont get released during that period too? Do the holidays (ie Christmas, ,New year's etc) further delay score release?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I applied for step 1 on December 15. They started to process my application only in January. I think because of the holidays everything is delayed.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I applied for step 1 on December 15. They started to process my application only in January. I think because of the holidays everything is delayed.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Totally something different.NO USMLE STEP EXAMS are given between January 1st-15th of EVERY year. I called ECFMG yesterday and they told me with regards to score releases, there are No delays during holidays/Jan 1st-15th. So i hope i receive a good score tmrw. Wish me luck peeps. Im at anyones service with regards to prep since i recently took it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Totally something different.NO USMLE STEP EXAMS are given between January 1st-15th of EVERY year. I called ECFMG yesterday and they told me with regards to score releases, there are No delays during holidays/Jan 1st-15th. So i hope i receive a good score tmrw. Wish me luck peeps. Im at anyones service with regards to prep since i recently took it.
I'm sure you did great. Please share your experience when you get your score :)

Reactions: 1 user
I'm expecting mine tomorrow too. Any idea what score I should expect with approx. 72% correct on the test? (I really hope the curve for the real thing is better than that for the self assessments.)

I see that I can now order transcripts. Is that a sign that the score will be available later today?

I see that I can now order transcripts. Is that a sign that the score will be available later today?
I'm not sure.Where does it give you that option? Keep me posted of u get urs. When did u take urs? I took mine on a Monday December 19th

I'm not sure.Where does it give you that option? Keep me posted of u get urs. When did u take urs? I took mine on a Monday December 19th
It gives you the option on the nbme site in the window where you have the option to enter the section containing your exam details. I took mine the week of December 12th and the NBME said on the phone that I'll be getting the score today around 11 eastern standard time. Unfortunately, since you took it the week after, you might have to wait until next week to get yours. Though, I hope you get it today and wish you the best of luck.

Last edited:
OHHH NBME?? so your an American student. Ya im an IMG so its prolly different =/

Thats awesome u can call....wow ... bro i hope u rock a 240 +

OHHH NBME?? so your an American student. Ya im an IMG so its prolly different =/

Thats awesome u can call....wow ... bro i hope u rock a 240 +

Thanks, I ended up getting a solid score for the specialty I want. Hope you find out soon and do great!

ma man congrats dude thats awesome! Man i hope i get to taste the sweetness of landing a solid score