2018 anesthesia oral board study partner needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gaslover

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone wants a study partner for the upcoming oral boards? PM me if interested.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Although having a study partner is critical to doing well, it really is beneficial to work with someone who is very familiar with the exam, so that it's not as much as blind leading the blind but rather having someone guide you as to the high yield answers and styles to answering. Such is the case with most of these oral board prep courses--each one has a bit of a different style as far as I understand. Similar to the above poster, I took Just Oral Boards, and had an amazing experience; hence of course I'd recommend it. Although others have raved about some of the other companies ANConsultants, UBP etc. So I'd say check the options out and see which one fits your taste the most. In my opinion, we're in a relatively stable and lucrative field such that it's worth making the relatively small (in the grand scheme) financial investment in getting this exam done right the first time, and having relief from the burden of exams and moving forward in your career.

Good luck!

Although having a study partner is critical to doing well, it really is beneficial to work with someone who is very familiar with the exam, so that it's not as much as blind leading the blind but rather having someone guide you as to the high yield answers and styles to answering. Such is the case with most of these oral board prep courses--each one has a bit of a different style as far as I understand. Similar to the above poster, I took Just Oral Boards, and had an amazing experience; hence of course I'd recommend it. Although others have raved about some of the other companies ANConsultants, UBP etc. So I'd say check the options out and see which one fits your taste the most. In my opinion, we're in a relatively stable and lucrative field such that it's worth making the relatively small (in the grand scheme) financial investment in getting this exam done right the first time, and having relief from the burden of exams and moving forward in your career.

Good luck!

anyone have the HO book lying around that they aren't using? PM me if so

Hi guys I took my oral board ,total in 2 stem questions, I had 6-7 small wrong answers along with 5 times (move on)! What do you think ? Do I have chance to pass???:(

Hi guys I took my oral board ,total in 2 stem questions, I had 6-7 small wrong answers along with 5 times (move on)! What do you think ? Do I have chance to pass???:(
Did you kill your patient(s)? Did you finish the stems? Did you finish the grab bags?

No I did not kill the patients, I finished stems, and grab bags, 2 of my ( Move on) answers was in grab bags. I am really concerned for my 6-7 wrong answers in stem question and my 4-5 move on;( I don't know

No I did not kill the patients, I finished stems, and grab bags, 2 of my ( Move on) answers was in grab bags. I am really concerned for my 6-7 wrong answers in stem question and my 4-5 move on;( I don't know

I’m prett sure I failed too... I ran out of time on the last grab bags on both sessions, and really struggled with my second stem. I signed a contract already with a critical care group but I order for me to work with them I have to be critical care board eligible. This means I don’t pass, I don’t work for the groups. I’m already looking for anesthesia jobs. That is how much I think I failed.

For whatever its worth, everyone thinks they failed but miraculously over 80% pass...

Reactions: 1 user