General Admissions & OTCAS 2018 MOT Texas Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jodiekristen

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thread for Texas MOT Applicants applying in 2018 for the 2019-2020 cycle!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I will be applying to the majority of Texas programs including: UTMB, TWU, TTech, ACU, and UTEP!
I received my undergrad degree from the University of Houston: BS in Psychology, Minor in Medicine and Society.
I haven't received my official OTCAS gpa, but it should be around 3.7 cumulative, and 3.6-4.0 prerequisite gpa depending on the program! (Not sure about the last 60hr gpa).
I have yet to take the GRE-- I'll be taking it in early June.
I currently have 30hours post-acute inpatient brain rehabilitation observation, and 30 hours in pediatric home health.
I volunteer for an equestrian therapy organization, and work part time with recreation therapists at a recreation center for people with disabilities!
This will be my first time applying, so I'm super nervous and anxious about the whole process...I graduated about a year early from undergrad (Summer 2017) and have spent the last year gaining hours, experience, and working so I hope the extra time will pay off!

Good luck to others who are applying :)

Hello! I will also be applying to TWU, TTech, ACU, and UTEP!

I have a Bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology, minor in Psychology.

My undergrad GPA was 3.77 and 3.75 for prerequisite gpa.

My GRE scores were average 151 V, 153 Q, and 3 W (pretty low).

I have about 100 hours in outpatient rehab, and 36 hours in mental health.

This is also my first time applying and I’m super anxious about the personal statement.

Good luck in the application process!!

Your stats look pretty great! Yes...the personal statement seems to be quite important in the application process. It is challenging to pinpoint exactly what to say in two pages or less! That's awesome that you were able to get some experience in the mental health setting!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone!! I will be applying this cycle.

I graduated from Texas A&M University, but I did take 30 hours of graduate coursework. I am only applying to TWU and they look at graduate coursework! woo-hoo. I have a 3.71 GPA and 3.58 pre-req GPA. I will have about 120 observation hours by the end of August and I will be taking my GRE at the end of August. I am unsure if I need to retake A&P II since I made a B. I was thinking since I do have graduate hours that shows that I am capable of upper-level coursework so I am hoping retaking A&P would not be needed.

I do not know if this helps or not, but my graduate coursework was in Clinical Mental Health Counseling!

but thoughts? Thanks everyone!

Hi guys!

I will graduate from Texas Tech in Dec. I have a 3.8 GPA right now. 4.0 Pre-req. I currently have about 150 observation hours, that includes an internship. I have a job as a therapeutic assistant at a rehab center here in Lubbock. I have taken the GRE and got okay scores, so I am retaking because I want above what I got.

Thoughts?

Hello everyone,

I am applying to TWU, Texas Tech, ACU, and UTHSC. I have a 3.78 cumulative GPA and 4.0 prereq GPA. I have about 120 observation hours in outpatient hand, outpatient neuro, inpatient, pediatric outpatient, and skilled nursing. My GRE is average, but I have heard from a current student that many schools really look at GPA. I’m also nervous about my personal statement and lack of observation hours compared to those who work as tech or aides. I was a college athlete and had trouble finding time to observe during season and practices. Good luck to everyone applying!

Hi everyone!! I will be applying this cycle.

I graduated from Texas A&M University, but I did take 30 hours of graduate coursework. I am only applying to TWU and they look at graduate coursework! woo-hoo. I have a 3.71 GPA and 3.58 pre-req GPA. I will have about 120 observation hours by the end of August and I will be taking my GRE at the end of August. I am unsure if I need to retake A&P II since I made a B. I was thinking since I do have graduate hours that shows that I am capable of upper-level coursework so I am hoping retaking A&P would not be needed.

I do not know if this helps or not, but my graduate coursework was in Clinical Mental Health Counseling!

but thoughts? Thanks everyone!

I don't think you'd need to take A&P again, I also got a B but as long as your grades are overall good you should be okay!!