2018 William Carey Biomedical Sciences Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maggie99

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I'm starting this thread for anyone accepted to or applying to William Carey's Masters of Biomedical Science Program. Just interested to see if anyone has been accepted, and if so why you chose this program? Also if you have been accepted would you mind posting your stats?
Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone,
I'm starting this thread for anyone accepted to or applying to William Carey's Masters of Biomedical Science Program. Just interested to see if anyone has been accepted, and if so why you chose this program? Also if you have been accepted would you mind posting your stats?
Thanks so much!

I was accepted this morning. Anyone have an idea of where to live as far as housing goes? I'm from NC so it'll be a new area for me.

MBS graduate here. I will be moving at the end of the month and have the cap, gown, and hood if anyone would like to purchase ahead of time at a discounted price. You would only need to buy the tassel which the bookstore sells. The year goes by fast! Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone,
Thanks so much!
Hey. I'm just now finally finding this thread. However, I was accepted almost a month ago; I applied in May though. I chose this school over my acceptance to PCOM-GA Masters and Mississippi College Masters. After talking to previous students at the campuses, Carey seemed more appealing for me. At Carey, students said that the teachers are more involved with the students and actually care. You can also get good LOR's. I have not even been there, but the staff has already been extremely helpful with me. I only wanted to do a program that was a year or less, and this program is only nine months. Furthermore, the tuition is very reasonable, and I did worry about causing myself debt before even getting to medical school. Also, it was not too far away from home for me.

I was accepted this morning. Anyone have an idea of where to live as far as housing goes? I'm from NC so it'll be a new area for me.
Hi, I was able to go visit the area and find housing quickly, due to starting in July. There are a few apartments that really cater to USM and WC students, and are not considered student housing. However, if you're on a budget, the rent is better to split with a roommate. Here's a list of a few places that were really nice and not too far from campus, the max distance was about 18 minutes. Breckenridge, The Reserve, Crowne, Cross Creek, The Lakes at Turtle Creek, Parkwest, and there were some new complexes called The Met. If you're trying to find cheaper apartments, you can look at The Marks V and VI and Arbor Walks.. I did not go there, but some people recommended it. Also, if you do want to do student living, there's places like Vie, Eagle Flatts, Landmark, and The Cottages. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, I got accepted into the MBS program! Have you had any luck finding a place to live yet? If not I might be willing to roommate with ya, assuming your not a murderer or leave the toilet seat up. PM if your interested :)

Hey guys, I got accepted into the MBS program! Have you had any luck finding a place to live yet? If not I might be willing to roommate with ya, assuming your not a murderer or leave the toilet seat up. PM if your interested :)

Congrats! The MCAT bootcamp through Kaplan has already started so 11 or 12 of us are already here. PM me if you need any advice on finding a new place (I pay 750$ for a one bedroom place but I have an idea of the housing options here if you need any advice!)

I'm trying to figure out how to pm, but for some reason it's not letting me.

Anyways....I'm Hattiesburg til Thursday looking at places.

When did the MCAT class start?

Awesome! Housing is pretty scarce now I'd imagine. PM me if you need any advice in particular.