You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 APPIC Internship Interview Hotel/Airbnb/Carpool Information
Started by SoPSYcheD2020
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Thanks for posting this! Anyone going to Fulton on December 14th?
Anyone in/around Phoenix on January 4th?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
laughingasong
Full Member
Anyone going to Tallahassee on Dec 13?
Anyone going to BOP Tallahassee? I know they only listed potential interview dates thus far, but who is interested in sharing a motel and arriving to the interview together (probably splitting the cost of an Uber to get there).
Greystone Park Psychiatric Hospital
.
Last edited:
laughingasong
Full Member
Is anyone interviewing at Casa Pacifica on Jan 18? It would be great to carpool there from the airport if possible/ share a hotel room.
psychedtobeadoctor
Full Member
34 yo F from Oregon here...
Anyone going to Utah State Hospital this coming weekend (for interview on 12/3)? I've rented a room and have a car booked from SLC, if anyone wants to share.
Also, notifications haven't gone out yet, but if anyone has an interview for Oregon State Hospital, I'm willing to host (as long as you can stand a black lab and three cats). 🙂 I'm about 40 minutes away from Salem.
Anyone going to Utah State Hospital this coming weekend (for interview on 12/3)? I've rented a room and have a car booked from SLC, if anyone wants to share.
Also, notifications haven't gone out yet, but if anyone has an interview for Oregon State Hospital, I'm willing to host (as long as you can stand a black lab and three cats). 🙂 I'm about 40 minutes away from Salem.
Does anyone have interviews at any of the following:
12/13 - Greystone Park Psychiatric Hospital
12/21 - Center for Behavioral Medicine
Colorado Mental Health Institute at Fort Logan
Northeast Florida State Hospital
01/16 - Northeastern Oklahoma Psychology Internship Program
BOP Tallahassee
12/13 - Greystone Park Psychiatric Hospital
12/21 - Center for Behavioral Medicine
Colorado Mental Health Institute at Fort Logan
Northeast Florida State Hospital
01/16 - Northeastern Oklahoma Psychology Internship Program
BOP Tallahassee
Neuroapplicant1920
New Member
34 yo F from Oregon here...
Anyone going to Utah State Hospital this coming weekend (for interview on 12/3)? I've rented a room and have a car booked from SLC, if anyone wants to share.
Hey, I'm a Utah local and will be interviewing at USH on the 3rd as well! Safe travels getting here!
Also a Utah local with an interview at USH on the 3rd. See you both there!Hey, I'm a Utah local and will be interviewing at USH on the 3rd as well! Safe travels getting here!
Neuroapplicant1920
New Member
Is anyone going to Springfield, MO for the NPTC Universal Interview Day, January 10th and 11th? Might be worth carpooling given the 3hr drive from most of the surrounding airports.
Any female interested in splitting a hotel room in Boston on December 11 and/or 12th? I will be staying for both nights.
psychedtobeadoctor
Full Member
Nice!! See you Monday! 🙂Hey, I'm a Utah local and will be interviewing at USH on the 3rd as well! Safe travels getting here!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
psychedtobeadoctor
Full Member
Yay! It’s a party!Also a Utah local with an interview at USH on the 3rd. See you both there!
Brightside27
Full Member
Does anyone have interviews at any of the following:
12/13 - Greystone Park Psychiatric Hospital
12/21 - Center for Behavioral Medicine
Colorado Mental Health Institute at Fort Logan
Northeast Florida State Hospital
01/16 - Northeastern Oklahoma Psychology Internship Program
BOP Tallahassee
I have center for beh. Medicine on 1/21 but i might be staying with a friend there, depending if i come alone or with my husband and my baby.
I also have Fort Logan - i requested either 1/4 or 1/9 - what about you?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I have center for beh. Medicine on 1/21 but i might be staying with a friend there, depending if i come alone or with my husband and my baby.
I also have Fort Logan - i requested either 1/4 or 1/9 - what about you?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Hey! You said 1/21 but did you mean 12/21 for center for behavioral medicine? My husband is going with me to some but he has to work this day so let me know if you’d like to share costs. I already have my hotel booked so you could just pay me half after meeting in person and then split transportation costs. For Fort Logan, I requested 01/08 and 01/03.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Brightside27
Full Member
Hey! You said 1/21 but did you mean 12/21 for center for behavioral medicine? My husband is going with me to some but he has to work this day so let me know if you’d like to share costs. I already have my hotel booked so you could just pay me half after meeting in person and then split transportation costs. For Fort Logan, I requested 01/08 and 01/03.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yes sorry, i meant 12/21. As of now, i’m probably gonna stay at a friend’s place, but i’ll let you know if anything changes
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Hi all! Are there any female applicants that want to split the cost of a cheap hotel for the following dates in the following cities:
Charleston, SC 1/3 and 1/4
San Diego 1/7
Boston 1/9
Atlanta 1/10
Chicago 1/13 and 1/14 and 1/24
Rhode island 1/15 and 1/16
LA 1/17 through 1/21
Charleston, SC 1/3 and 1/4
San Diego 1/7
Boston 1/9
Atlanta 1/10
Chicago 1/13 and 1/14 and 1/24
Rhode island 1/15 and 1/16
LA 1/17 through 1/21
I'll be driving to my interviews. If anyone would like to carpool from Chicago, the surrounding area, or I can pick you up along the way, to the following places:
Detroit - 12/19
Dayton - 1/8
Cincinnati - 1/15
Detroit - 12/19
Dayton - 1/8
Cincinnati - 1/15
Hi,
I have hotels booked for these dates that have a regular bed plus a sofa bed. I'm looking for someone to split the cost with. I'd be willing to let someone willing to take the sofa bed pay a bit less than half the cost. We could talk to figure out what seems fair. I have booked these rooms for an extra day because I'm anxious about winter air travel delays, but I'd be willing to share with someone arriving later and obviously they'd only need to split the cost on days they were there.
I'd feel most comfortable staying someone who is also female identified.
Orlando- check in Jan 2 check out jan 5th
Houston- check in Jan 5th check out Jan 8 ( think this one would be with a cot on request rather than a sofa bed, the reservation is unclear)
San antonio- check in Jan 12 check out Jan 15
Also in anyone interviewing at the Orlando VA on Jan 4th willing to carpool on the interview day? I had wanted to uber but the directions about a security gate make me think this wouldn't be possible or at least it might be inconvenient. I'd like to avoid renting a car for such a short drive from the hotel to the VA. I'm happy to give some gas money.
Please PM if interested.
I have hotels booked for these dates that have a regular bed plus a sofa bed. I'm looking for someone to split the cost with. I'd be willing to let someone willing to take the sofa bed pay a bit less than half the cost. We could talk to figure out what seems fair. I have booked these rooms for an extra day because I'm anxious about winter air travel delays, but I'd be willing to share with someone arriving later and obviously they'd only need to split the cost on days they were there.
I'd feel most comfortable staying someone who is also female identified.
Orlando- check in Jan 2 check out jan 5th
Houston- check in Jan 5th check out Jan 8 ( think this one would be with a cot on request rather than a sofa bed, the reservation is unclear)
San antonio- check in Jan 12 check out Jan 15
Also in anyone interviewing at the Orlando VA on Jan 4th willing to carpool on the interview day? I had wanted to uber but the directions about a security gate make me think this wouldn't be possible or at least it might be inconvenient. I'd like to avoid renting a car for such a short drive from the hotel to the VA. I'm happy to give some gas money.
Please PM if interested.
JungAtHeart90
New Member
Hi, is anyone else heading to the Chicago Area Christian Training Consortium interview January 11th who would be interested in sharing a rental car? Looks like it's tricky to get from either airport with public transportation or an Uber.
Hi! I live in Chicago. Depending on where the interview is located, you may want to try public transport. Blue line train from O’Hare. Orange line train from midway. Both will take you to the loop (downtown) area. Uber and lyft both have pickups from both airports although they sometimes get lost at midway (especially at the rental car place) from my experience. It’ll be a little expensive to cab/Uber to and from either airport but they offer shared rides if you’re comfortable with that. Depending on where your interview and hotel are, parking and driving will most likely be a nightmare. GPS also gets iffy if you go on lower wacker (near the loop) or under the train areas in the loop, so if you drive, I’d recommend printing directions!
Hope this helps. Feel free to message me if you have questions.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
areyoubusy
Full Member
WestCoast Children's (Oakland) Jan 15??
Anyone in Worcester, MA on 1/11?
Anyone in Worcester, MA on 1/11?
sorry - i'll be there Jan 12-16!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
getPSYCHED2020
New Member
Hi guys! Is anyone going to be interviewing at LSU this friday? I'm thinking shared ubers from the airport or maybe a walk to see bourbon st. all decorated for the holidays...or else I will sit in my hotel room all night and replay everything I said during the interview until I lose it 🙂
psychedtobedone
Full Member
If anyone is traveling to Missouri or Kansas for interviews and needs suggestions or places to stay, let me know! Happy to help and offer my spare bedroom...these things get so expensive!
Last edited:
If anyone is traveling to Missouri or Kansas for interviews and needs suggestions or places to stay, let me know! Happy to help and offer my spare bedroom...these things get so expensive!
I love seeing how helpful and supportive people are in this forum! I'll be interviewing for St. Louis Consortium on January 18th. I'm flying in so won't have a car, but if it isn't far from where you live, I'd really appreciate if we could chat more!
Southwest Consortium interview in Albuquerque on January 11th. Anyone interested in splitting the cost of a room? Or have any tips on an affordable place to stay in the area?
Also, I know it's not much, but happy to offer a couch or air mattress to anyone interviewing in the Cincinnati area!
Also, I know it's not much, but happy to offer a couch or air mattress to anyone interviewing in the Cincinnati area!
psychedtobedone
Full Member
I love seeing how helpful and supportive people are in this forum! I'll be interviewing for St. Louis Consortium on January 18th. I'm flying in so won't have a car, but if it isn't far from where you live, I'd really appreciate if we could chat more!
Ah! I would be happy to help, but sadly I'm on the other side of the state! I'm in Kansas City, MO. So sorry! Hopefully you are able to get reasonable accommodations and transportation out there!
Ah! I would be happy to help, but sadly I'm on the other side of the state! I'm in Kansas City, MO. So sorry! Hopefully you are able to get reasonable accommodations and transportation out there!
I’m on a plane now to Kansas City! I interview at Center for Behavioral Medicine in the morning. Would I be able to stay with you and you take me to the interview? I don’t mind paying for gas or a fee for using your spare room. PM me with your phone number if so and I’ll give you a call when I land.[emoji4]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
psychedtobedone
Full Member
WEll ****, I am so sorry I didn't see this in time!!! My sister is actually in town this weekend for the holiday so she is taking up my spare room anyway. Hopefully you found somewhere! Good luck today!I’m on a plane now to Kansas City! I interview at Center for Behavioral Medicine in the morning. Would I be able to stay with you and you take me to the interview? I don’t mind paying for gas or a fee for using your spare room. PM me with your phone number if so and I’ll give you a call when I land.[emoji4]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thank you anyway!Ah! I would be happy to help, but sadly I'm on the other side of the state! I'm in Kansas City, MO. So sorry! Hopefully you are able to get reasonable accommodations and transportation out there!
psychedtobeadoctor
Full Member
Ladies, will any of you be in the following areas and looking to split a room/car?
1/2-1/5 = San Luis Obispo
1/8-1/9 = Fulton, MO
1/9-1/12 = Vacaville, CA
1/15-1/16 = Rochester, MN
1/21-1/22 = Napa, CA
If so, send me a message!
1/2-1/5 = San Luis Obispo
1/8-1/9 = Fulton, MO
1/9-1/12 = Vacaville, CA
1/15-1/16 = Rochester, MN
1/21-1/22 = Napa, CA
If so, send me a message!
Correctionspsych
New Member
Anyone down near Miami, FL this weekend (January 4-6)?
FeelTheFearDoItAnyway
Full Member
Hi everyone! Is anyone attending both Stanford and Berkeley open houses tomorrow? If so, PM me if you want to make that trip from Stanford to Berkeley together! We could split an uber, or, venture the BART together.
Will anyone else be in the tallahassee/Chattahoochee area between the 20th and 23rd?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Similar threads
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 3K