2019-2020 Marshall

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Secondary prompt:

Why did you decide to apply to Marshall? (5000 characters)

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Where do you want to serve or practice medicine? (5000 characters)

If you are not presently attending school, indicate your employment or other plans for the time prior to your planned enrollment in medical school.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: Marshall University

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Verified 6/28 secondary received 7/2
Edit: I'll look at/post the questions once I'm free from work.

Secondary prompts @PapaGuava

Why did you decide to apply to Marshall? (5000 characters)

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Where do you want to serve or practice medicine? (5000 characters)

If you are not presently attending school, indicate your employment or other plans for the time prior to your planned enrollment in medical school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Verified 6/28 secondary received 7/2
Edit: I'll look at/post the questions once I'm free from work.
When did you send out your primary? I haven't received word that I'm verified and I'm crossing my fingers I'll get a secondary!

When did you send out your primary? I haven't received word that I'm verified and I'm crossing my fingers I'll get a secondary!

I sent my primary 6/9/19. I'm out of state but in a bordering state that has matriculants per MSAR. I'm half ORM/URM as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Received an email from a dean on 7/2 asking for ties to WV, which I sent in on 7/8 (been doing clinical work in West Virginia for the past 8 months) Any ideas on whether I should follow up if I haven't heard back yet? I'm a NY resident, but I'm hoping my work experience is a strong enough tie!

Received an email from a dean on 7/2 asking for ties to WV, which I sent in on 7/8 (been doing clinical work in West Virginia for the past 8 months) Any ideas on whether I should follow up if I haven't heard back yet? I'm a NY resident, but I'm hoping my work experience is a strong enough tie!

Did you submit already? They have a huge regional preference but I do see clinical work in WV as a strong tie. I'm in a bordering state and never got asked this, but I've also not sent in my secondary.

Did you submit already? They have a huge regional preference but I do see clinical work in WV as a strong tie. I'm in a bordering state and never got asked this, but I've also not sent in my secondary.

I believe they automatically send secondaries to people who live in bordering states! This was a pre-secondary email to see if it's worth sending the secondary to me o_O

Welp - I just sent an in the area email to see if they'd be willing to schedule my interview earlier/so it coincides with another one. We'll see how that goes...

Do you live in a bordering state or does the MD/PhD interview at different times? The supplemental app says they don't review nonresident apps until November.

Application complete email today. Email says interviews start in Oct but that is different than the website that says they start in Sep. Fingers crossed! In-state applicant.

Submitted 8/3/19, complete email today 8/12/19.

Hi guys, Im looking to apply to this school but I realize from last year threads i do not have WV ties. But i have a huge interest in rural medcinie. My stats are on the lower side hence my reasoning to apply here. (3.54cGPA, 3.45sGPA and MCAT of 499-->508. Im from NY. What do you guys think? I am more than willing to apply anywhere and anyplace that I have a slight chance at. I've saved up and am willing to invest in an app here.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys, Im looking to apply to this school but I realize from last year threads i do not have WV ties. But i have a huge interest in rural medcinie. My stats are on the lower side hence my reasoning to apply here. (3.54cGPA, 3.45sGPA and MCAT of 499-->508. Im from NY. What do you guys think? I am more than willing to apply anywhere and anyplace that I have a slight chance at. I've saved up and am willing to invest in an app here.

If you're from a bordering state - yes.

Otherwise no.

If you're from a bordering state - yes.

Otherwise no.

Just saw the NY bit... sorry.

I think you're wasting your money. They won't send you a secondary if there's no chance though, so I guess you could pay for the primary - whatever that costs these days.

II received yesterday. I don't think I ever received a secondary complete email. ISS

Congrats! Hope they give some OOS love soon.. neighboring state with family in WV.

Any movement for those in bordering states? IS interviews started this month, OOS begins in December, so I'm anticipating movement for those of us out of state this or next month.

Accepted!! Was called around 9:30pm today (10/22) Interviewed on 9/28. IS applicant

Reactions: 3 users
Has any OOS people heard anything from the school? I'm in a bordering state so I am still holding onto hope of a possibility from hearing from them. Some ties to the state as well.

Has any OOS people heard anything from the school? I'm in a bordering state so I am still holding onto hope of a possibility from hearing from them. Some ties to the state as well.
I could be wrong but I don't think any OOS students have heard anything. They do not start OOS interviews until a few months from now. Maybe someone else can confirm or correct me.

Have any OOS people heard from MU yet? I know they start to reach out for interview invites around this time

wondering about this too... I snooped through last years thread and it looks like interview invites went out in December?
I’ve been wondering the same thing too. I’m hoping that they give some love very soon, maybe this week or the week after.

I’ve been wondering the same thing too. I’m hoping that they give some love very soon, maybe this week or the week after.

Although their site says they send them in November as well, wouldn't be surprised if we OOS people didn't hear until next month due to the holiday and whatnot.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!! Keep up the fight we’re going to reach our dreams hopefully soon!

Anyone accepted get info on a portal or anything? Deposit info? Other than the acceptance I have "herd" nothing.

Anyone accepted get info on a portal or anything? Deposit info? Other than the acceptance I have "herd" nothing.

No not yet. Cindy Warren told me that it’d be about a month before I “herd” from them again and that was exactly a month ago now. I’ve been checking my email and snail mail constantly lol

Reactions: 1 users
any OOS interviews? I haven't heard anything but I have a connection and I know they schedule interviews through January

I know they said OOS interviews generally happen in December-January. Are OOS applicants out of luck at this point/mostly out of luck? Any insight?

I know they said OOS interviews generally happen in December-January. Are OOS applicants out of luck at this point/mostly out of luck? Any insight?
I was wondering this too! OOS as well still haven't heard anything

+2

My coworker and I haven’t heard anything yet. Both of us are bordering OOS

Same here. I am bordering OOS with ties to the school and have not heard anything

OOS II. Bordering state with family in WV (not that close to Huntington and never lived in WV).

OOS II. Bordering state with family in WV (not that close to Huntington and never lived in WV).

Congrats! I’m kind of jealous but I hope they keep spreading the love and send more ii’s to us bordering OOS

Also OOS II! I declined per another acceptance at my current in-state school. Good luck everyone!

OOS II!!! This is my top school! So excited!

Reactions: 1 users