2019 NHSC Loan Repayment Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Notsosuperman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard back on this year’s loan repayment cycle? Asking for a coworker who hasn’t heard yet. We are a dental site, and our HPSA score is 22. In the past, I think hygienists had heard back in July. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I have not heard back yet. I'm at a behavioral health clinic with HPSA score of 17.
My supervisor told me that no one from our clinic has ever been rejected... I may be the first. Perhaps the disbursement has changed to prioritizing the substance abuse loan repayments.

I heard back in July and get awarded in September. This is for the substance abuse grant. The funding for it is completely separate funding than the other NHSC programs. I received a finalist email and had literally 2-3 days to respond. Did you receive a finalist or alternate email? I hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my confirmation of interest letter today. There is hope yet.

Anyone heard back on this year’s loan repayment cycle? Asking for a coworker who hasn’t heard yet. We are a dental site, and our HPSA score is 22. In the past, I think hygienists had heard back in July. Thanks!
Have you heard back yet?

My site was a 21 when I applied and as of August it’s a 26 but I haven’t heard anything yet other than a credit check in June.

1 NP and 1 CNM at my site received award notice last week. The CNM was a prior NHSC scholar and actually heard back 2 weeks ago. Another NP has yet to hear about her application.