1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

2019 Spring Oral Board Prep

Discussion in 'Anesthesiology' started by 2Fast2Des, Sep 18, 2018.

1. 2Fast2Des

2Fast2Des to become No One, one must be PP slick
    2+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Wanted to inquire from the previous group that took their oral boards this past spring and passed, what is the new or current recommended study text/plan? UBP? Yao? Anyone selling their texts or have pdfs? Would be great if we can hear what the great minds offer!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. thinkorswim

thinkorswim Mr. Monster
    10+ Year Member

Enjoy life and relax for now. If you did well on the ITEs and advanced exam, you shouldn't need more than about 6 weeks to prepare.

For myself, and most people I know, going through the UBP books and using the ABA stems for practice exams were more than enough. Try to have different people give you practice exams.

4. User21218

2+ Year Member

How many mock exams are enough?

5. DM27

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I did probably 50-70 with half as the examiner and half as the examinee with friends. My last 2 weeks of studying I did one mock exam with an attending who had recently taken his and then subsequently did an exam with a faculty member who was an examiner.

I am a chronic over-preparer for exams so I assume my numbers may be a bit skewed.