2019 Spring Oral Board Prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2Fast2Des

to become No One, one must be PP slick
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wanted to inquire from the previous group that took their oral boards this past spring and passed, what is the new or current recommended study text/plan? UBP? Yao? Anyone selling their texts or have pdfs? Would be great if we can hear what the great minds offer!

Members don't see this ad.

Enjoy life and relax for now. If you did well on the ITEs and advanced exam, you shouldn't need more than about 6 weeks to prepare.

For myself, and most people I know, going through the UBP books and using the ABA stems for practice exams were more than enough. Try to have different people give you practice exams.

I did probably 50-70 with half as the examiner and half as the examinee with friends. My last 2 weeks of studying I did one mock exam with an attending who had recently taken his and then subsequently did an exam with a faculty member who was an examiner.

I am a chronic over-preparer for exams so I assume my numbers may be a bit skewed.