2020-2021 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheDataKing

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: Drexel University

Secondary Prompts 2020-2021:
1. If you are a recent graduate, please tell us what you have been doing since graduation. You may answer "Not applicable". (no limit)

2. What else do you feel is important for us to know about you? You can use this space to highlight something not addressed in your application, including new experiences not in your AMCAS application. You can also talk about how COVID -19 impacted you. For example, it may have caused disruptions or changes in your plans. If there is something you would like to share regarding how this event impacted you, share that information here. (500 word limit)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have any problems with the academic history portion of the app? I just graduated and not really looking to go to another school or program but when I try saving the page without adding a school, it says its incomplete. I reached out to admissions via email, they don't take phone calls, but they haven't responded in like a week. help pls
It just went through nvm lol GL

1. If you are a recent graduate, please tell us what you have been doing since graduation. You may answer "Not applicable". (no limit)

2. What else do you feel is important for us to know about you? You can use this space to highlight something not addressed in your application, including new experiences not in your AMCAS application. You can also talk about how COVID -19 impacted you. For example, it may have caused disruptions or changes in your plans. If there is something you would like to share regarding how this event impacted you, share that information here. (500 word limit)

Is it only these 2?

If we are not a recent graduate (graduated a couple years ago), do we write not applicable? Or do we post what we plan on doing during this current gap year?

If we are not a recent graduate (graduated a couple years ago), do we write not applicable? Or do we post what we plan on doing during this current gap year?
I took three gap years and wrote what i was doing since i graduated.

Anyone else still waiting on a secondary?

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
waiting... yeah in the sense that I have not received it, but I have another dozen that I am working on so if they want to wait until this coming Monday that's fine by me.

Reactions: 2 users
Received secondary today OOS
Weird question, but what letter does your last name start with? I am seeing some people that think the batches are going out alphabetically by last name and I have not yet received one (mine is S).

Super silly question, do you only add self-reported GPA if you added a new school under Academic History?

Weird question, but what letter does your last name start with? I am seeing some people that think the batches are going out alphabetically by last name and I have not yet received one (mine is S).
my last name begins with the letter T and i received my secondary today, if that helps

Super silly question, do you only add self-reported GPA if you added a new school under Academic History?
yeah, i think the self-reported GPA is associated with if you're adding a new school so if you don't have any new schools to add, just skip that!

that was my understanding.

For the question on letters, it only lets us pick one option but I sent a committee letter and two individual letters, not sure which option to choose lol

received secondary today (submitted 5/29? whichever day is the day after apps were opened) Last name N.

waiting... yeah in the sense that I have not received it, but I have another dozen that I am working on so if they want to wait until this coming Monday that's fine by me.
No lie I feel that. I feel like I'm drowning in secondaries :cryi:

For the question on letters, it only lets us pick one option but I sent a committee letter and two individual letters, not sure which option to choose lol
Im probably going to choose committee because that is the preferred letter

OOS secondary received

I'm confused by "If you took time off that was outside of the normal breaks, where normal breaks include summer break, please answer yes and use the drop down box to explain. Do not use this box to explain activities after college." If taking gap years, we check yes? But can't talk about activities? Or is this just if you took a break in between school...

I'm confused by "If you took time off that was outside of the normal breaks, where normal breaks include summer break, please answer yes and use the drop down box to explain. Do not use this box to explain activities after college." If taking gap years, we check yes? But can't talk about activities? Or is this just if you took a break in between school...

I took it to mean if you took time off in the middle of undergrad or something. So for someone like myself who just graduated and will have one gap year it doesn’t apply. Or at least that’s my interpretation

Reactions: 4 users
My letters of references were indicated as received 2 months ago by the admissions office yet on the status page, it says my LORs have not been submitted. Anyone else having this issue?

Does anyone know if I'm supposed to reach out to the admissions office if I accidentally sent more than 4 letters? For some reason I wrote down Drexel took 5 letters so I sent them 5. I wasn't sure how I would let them know which 4 I intend for them to use.

I’m a recent graduate but my plans for right after graduation were affected by corona. Should I respond to the first prompt with what my plans were and how they fell through? Or put all of that in the second prompt essay?

I took it to mean if you took time off in the middle of undergrad or something. So for someone like myself who just graduated and will have one gap year it doesn’t apply. Or at least that’s my interpretation
Hmm ok, I'm taking 2 gap years but no breaks in the middle. Not totally sure how to interpret that haha, maybe I'll reach out to clarify

My letters of references were indicated as received 2 months ago by the admissions office yet on the status page, it says my LORs have not been submitted. Anyone else having this issue?
I believe they match up your letters to your app after you submit the secondary. (That's what it seemed like last cycle.) Mine are all in as well, but the status page says "Not received" for my letters too.

Okay so I'm assigning my letter and it says if you don't have a committee letter to use letters "from four individuals who hold college level academic appointments" and I do have 4 professor letters (two sci and two non-sci) but my strongest LOR is from my supervisor from my RA job (she's a full time employee with a masters in upper education, I have worked with her for 3 years). Would this be an acceptable letter to use in lieu of one of my non-sci professor letters?

Hmm ok, I'm taking 2 gap years but no breaks in the middle. Not totally sure how to interpret that haha, maybe I'll reach out to clarify
The prompt specifically says "Do not use this box to explain activities after college." I would not include anything pertaining to gap years, I think it only means breaks in undergraduate education (eg dropping out, death in the family, etc).

Any current or incoming Drexel med students who might be on here want to give some input on how closing of Hahnemann University Hospital has affected you and Drexel COM in general? Is it all just a mess? Is it worth applying?

Reactions: 4 users
Is anyone else getting an error when paying?

Is there a separate application for the tower health campus or is everyone automatically considered for both? I haven't received a secondary yet; does it ask for you on the secondary if you want to be considered for the other campus?

Is there a separate application for the tower health campus or is everyone automatically considered for both? I haven't received a secondary yet; does it ask for you on the secondary if you want to be considered for the other campus?

Just went through the app and there’s no mention of choosing a campus

tbh I didn’t even know about multiple campuses till you mentioned it lol

Just went through the app and there’s no mention of choosing a campus

tbh I didn’t even know about multiple campuses till you mentioned it lol
Oh I guess they probably consider you for both then, but yea on their website it mentions a new campus opening in 2021 so that should mean our cycle is for the first class

To all who have actually received the secondary: Is the gap year question ACTUALLY unlimited characters? never heard of this.

How recent is recent? I graduated in the fall of 2019 so I am unsure if that will count as recent.

Just received a pre-Il “hold” status, does anyone know what that means?

Just received a pre-Il “hold” status, does anyone know what that means?

Basically means they have decided not to offer an II yet but not reject you yet. They want to compare you more to the rest of the pool of applicants before making a decision