***2021-2022 MD/PhD Interview Invites***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MD-PhD-NonTrad

M2 MD/PhD, In Clerkships
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
The time is slowly approaching, hopefully sooner rather than later. So I guess I’ll copy @jjame ’s interview invite post from last year:

We'll be there in a couple weeks or so, so copying @babykarat 's interview invite post from last year:

It's about that time of the cycle, so I figured I would copy @Lucca 's interview invite post from last year:

DO NOT ERASE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
1) Click quote on the most recent list
2) Delete the quote tags on the top and bottom
3) Add your user name, (complete date, interview invite date, interview date, any other pertinent info, and if needed, add the school name to the list
4) Enter the name(s) of the school(s) where you are adding data into the "Title" box (at the top) so that your changes can be easily located. Alphabetical order please.
5) Enter Submit and prepare for your interviews

Example
School: premed1 (C: 7/1 II: 7/2), premed2 (C: 7/2 II: 7/5), ...

Legend:
C: Complete
II: Interview Invite date
(Optional) IA: Interview Attendance date

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
So, when do MD/PhD interview invites start coming out in relation to MD invites? Starting to see some schools giving out MD invites, just curious what the timeline is like for MD/PhD

So, when do MD/PhD interview invites start coming out in relation to MD invites? Starting to see some schools giving out MD invites, just curious what the timeline is like for MD/PhD
Historically, it looks like first or second week of August. I created this thread a little early, oops.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you mind if I ask where you already got an II from? also congrats!

I am curious what you all think about interview strategies? If they give you several options, is it better to pick the earliest date or the latest date?

• Care
I am curious what you all think about interview strategies? If they give you several options, is it better to pick the earliest date or the latest date?
Pick the date that works best for you. I think it matters less when you interview and more when you were offered the interview in regards to competitiveness

Depends on the school. If they accept people throughout the admissions cycle (WashU, Baylor, UChicago, etc), interview as early as possible. If they just have one decision date at the end of all interviews (Columbia, Hopkins, Yale, etc), chose the date that works best for you. This info is on most program websites. Also I would advice that your first ever interview is not your favorite program, as you will not be at top performance yet.

Depends on the school. If they accept people throughout the admissions cycle (WashU, Baylor, UChicago, etc), interview as early as possible. If they just have one decision date at the end of all interviews (Columbia, Hopkins, Yale, etc), chose the date that works best for you. This info is on most program websites. Also I would advice that your first ever interview is not your favorite program, as you will not be at top performance yet.
This is great advise. Thank you very much kind soul.

Excited! San Antonio!

3) Add your user name, (complete date, interview invite date, interview date, any other pertinent info, and if needed, add the school name to the list
4) Enter the name(s) of the school(s) where you are adding data into the "Title" box (at the top) so that your changes can be easily located. Alphabetical order please.

Example

Legend:

UT San Antonio: MacroPhagoCytosis (C:7/10, II:7/30)

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
San Antonio!

Example

Legend:

UT San Antonio: MacroPhagoCytosis (C:7/10, II:7/30), larynxlady (C:7/10, II:7/30)

“Ladies and gentlemen, let the 74th Hunger Games begin – and may the odds be ever in your favor!”

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
UT San Antonio!! Stoked!

Example

Legend:

UT San Antonio: MacroPhagoCytosis (C:7/10, II:7/30), larynxlady (C:7/10, II:7/30), DrDriven07 (C: 7/10, II: 7/30)

Reactions: 1 users
Was on a road trip yesterday with no service but I also received San Antonio II yesterday! So excited !

Example

Legend:

UT San Antonio: MacroPhagoCytosis (C:7/10, II:7/30), larynxlady (C:7/10, II:7/30), DrDriven07 (C: 7/10, II: 7/30), baz2020(C:7/10, II: 7/30)

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
Received Texas A&M!

Example

Legend:

UT San Antonio: MacroPhagoCytosis (C:7/10, II:7/30), larynxlady (C:7/10, II:7/30), DrDriven07 (C: 7/10, II: 7/30), baz2020(C:7/10, II: 7/30)
Texas A&M: misterjohndoe(C:7/19, II:7/30)

• Love
Didn’t add anything to the list, just added a line between schools and alphabetized it so that people can follow a more readable and searchable format moving forward

Example

Legend:

University of Washington! Here's my plan for appealing to Seattle:

- Throw away my umbrellas
- Start recycling/composting everything
- Buy a Subaru for going on hiking and skiing trips
- Replace all clothing with North Face or Patagonia
- Become a massive coffee and beer snob

Example

Legend:

University of Washington: toofastdan (C: 7/19, II: 8/2)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
University of Washington! Here's my plan for appealing to Seattle:

- Throw away my umbrellas
- Start recycling/composting everything
- Buy a Subaru for going on hiking and skiing trips
- Replace all clothing with North Face or Patagonia
- Become a massive coffee and beer snob

Example

Legend:

University of Washington: toofastdan (C: 7/19, II: 8/2)
Congrats! I got an email from them saying that my application has been placed on hold. Do you think there is any hope?

Congrats! I got an email from them saying that my application has been placed on hold. Do you think there is any hope?
I'm not 100% sure how UW's application process works, but given Fencer's descriptions of his admissions process, you may have been placed in the "maybe" category. This is where a school will wait to see more applications before reassessing things.

I would say it's worth sticking it out because something about you definitely interested them and made them hesitant to reject you. If you've already submitted your secondary and have no updates, you'll probably have to wait it out, which I imagine is stressful. I'll be sending good vibes your way though - good luck and stay strong!

University of Washington (earliest actual interview date 1/6)

Example

Legend:

University of Washington: toofastdan (C: 7/19, II: 8/2); humoralhuman (C: 7/23, II: 8/2)

• Love
OMG! Cornell!!

Example

Legend:

University of Washington: toofastdan (C: 7/19, II: 8/2); humoralhuman (C: 7/23, II: 8/2)

Weill Cornell/Rockefeller/Sloan Kettering (Tri-I): DrDriven07 (C: 7/21, II: 8/4)

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Do MD/PhD programs tend to send out rejections or ghost more or less than regular MD?

Icahn!!! 🤩

Example

Legend:

Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai: MDPhDcapable (C: 7/1x, II: 8/0x)

Weill Cornell/Rockefeller/Sloan Kettering (Tri-I): DrDriven07 (C: 7/21, II: 8/4)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
University of Washington (earliest actual interview date 1/6)

Example

Legend:

Are you MSTP?

• Hmm
Indiana!!!! They do not do secondaries; therefore, I put the date I submitted my primary. I am not sure if that is the correct thing to do though.

Example

Legend:

Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai: MDPhDcapable (C: 7/16, II: 8/6)

Indiana University: misterjohndoe(C: 7/1, II: 8/10)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Indiana! Super thankful for another opportunity!

Example

Legend:

Indiana University: misterjohndoe(C: 7/1, II: 8/10), DrDriven07 (C: 7/2, II: 8/10)

• Love
Michigan!

Example

Legend:

Indiana University: misterjohndoe(C: 7/1, II: 8/10), DrDriven07 (C: 7/2, II: 8/10)

University of Michigan: Toolcake (C: 6/25, II: 8/10)

• Love
Adding mine since I just got rejected from Tri-I, and I figure it's good to celebrate the wins while mourning the losses

Made some edits for readability

Example

Legend:

Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell: florizel (C: 7/9, II: 8/11)

• Love
Hofstra as well :)

Example

Legend:

Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell: florizel (C: 7/9, II: 8/11), installation2020 (C: 8/8, II: 8/11)

• Love
Minnesota🤗 Thankful for all the early action!

Example

Legend:

Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell: florizel (C: 7/9, II: 8/11), installation2020 (C: 8/8, II: 8/11)

Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai: MDPhDcapable (C: 7/1x, II: 8/0x)

Indiana University: misterjohndoe (C: 7/1, II: 8/10), DrDriven07 (C: 7/2, II: 8/10)

Texas A&M: misterjohndoe (C: 7/19, II: 7/30)

UT San Antonio: MacroPhagoCytosis (C: 7/10, II: 7/30), larynxlady (C: 7/10, II: 7/30), DrDriven07 (C: 7/10, II: 7/30), baz2020(C: 7/10, II: 7/30)

University of Minnesota: MDPhDcapable (C: 8/0x, II: 8/1x)

Last edited:
When you see people get interviews from schools you’ve submitted to :(

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 13 users
Ohio State! *cues "I'm still worthy" Thor meme

Example

Legend:

Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai:MDPhDcapable (C: 7/16, II: 8/6)

Ohio State University: mickmars51 (C: 7/18, II 8/13)

Weill Cornell/Rockefeller/Sloan Kettering (Tri-I):DrDriven07 (C: 7/21, II: 8/4)

• Haha
  • Love
The Ohio State University. Beyond grateful!

Example

Legend:

Ohio State University: mickmars51 (C: 7/18, II 8/13), DrDriven07 (C: 7/18, II: 8/13)

Weill Cornell/Rockefeller/Sloan Kettering (Tri-I) DrDriven07 (C: 7/21, II: 8/4)

Texas A&M 🤠

Example

Legend:

Ohio State University: mickmars51 (C: 7/18, II 8/13), DrDriven07 (C: 7/18, II: 8/13)

Texas A&M: misterjohndoe(C:7/19, II:7/30), mickmars51 (C: 8/6, II: 8/16)

Texas A&M! First one! Scheduled for 08/26

Example

Legend:

Texas A&M: misterjohndoe(C:7/19, II:7/30), mickmars51 (C: 8/6, II: 8/16), VaultArmitage(C: 8/12, II: 8/16)

Weill Cornell/Rockefeller/Sloan Kettering (Tri-I) DrDriven07 (C: 7/21, II: 8/4

Alabama! So excited and thankful for the opportunity!

Example

Legend:

Texas A&M: misterjohndoe(C:7/19, II:7/30), mickmars51 (C: 8/6, II: 8/16), VaultArmitage(C: 8/12, II: 8/16)

University of Alabama: dsracer9 (C:7/29, II: 8/17)

Vanderbilt! So excited!

Example

Legend:

Vanderbilt: sesteretina (C: 7/23, II: 8/17)

• Love
Tri-I, sorry for the ugly tears at work @mycoworkers

Example

Legend:

Weill Cornell/Rockefeller/Sloan Kettering (Tri-I) DrDriven07 (C: 7/21, II: 8/4), mickmars51 (7/15, 8/18)

• Love
Hofstra! I am so excited but my heart is beating out of my chest rn.

Example

Legend:

Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell: florizel (C: 7/9, II: 8/11), installation2020 (C: 8/8, II: 8/11), mickmars51 (C: 7/7, II 8/18)

Weill Cornell/Rockefeller/Sloan Kettering (Tri-I) DrDriven07 (C: 7/21, II: 8/4), mickmars51 (7/15, 8/18

Tri-I! So so so thankful for the opportunity!

Edited to add previous invite to UT San Antonio!

Example

Legend:

UT San Antonio: MacroPhagoCytosis (C:7/10, II:7/30), larynxlady (C:7/10, II:7/30), DrDriven07 (C: 7/10, II: 7/30), baz2020(C:7/10, II: 7/30), NeuroImmunoMSTP (C: 7/10, II: 7/30)

Weill Cornell/Rockefeller/Sloan Kettering (Tri-I) DrDriven07 (C: 7/21, II: 8/4), mickmars51 (7/15, 8/18), NeuroImmunoMSTP (C: 7/27, II: 8/18)

Last edited:
  • Love
Hofstra!! First interview invite :')

4) Enter the name(s) of the school(s) where you are adding data into the "Title" box (at the top) so that your changes can be easily located. Alphabetical order please

Example

Legend:

Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell: florizel (C: 7/9, II: 8/11), installation2020 (C: 8/8, II: 8/11), swagyolo (C: 7/18, II: 8/18)

Weill Cornell/Rockefeller/Sloan Kettering (Tri-I) DrDriven07 (C: 7/21, II: 8/4), mickmars51 (7/15, 8/18), NeuroImmunoMSTP (C: 7/27, II: 8/18)

• Love
UAB! Extremely thankful to have another opportunity!

Edit: added NeuroImmuno STX invite back since it got deleted by accident. Excited to see everyone starting to get II!

4) Enter the name(s) of the school(s) where you are adding data into the "Title" box (at the top) so that your changes can be easily located. Alphabetical order please

Example

Legend:

Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell: florizel (C: 7/9, II: 8/11), installation2020 (C: 8/8, II: 8/11), swagyolo (C: 7/18, II: 8/18)

UT San Antonio: MacroPhagoCytosis (C:7/10, II:7/30), larynxlady (C:7/10, II:7/30), DrDriven07 (C: 7/10, II: 7/30), baz2020(C:7/10, II: 7/30), NeuroImmunoMSTP (C: 7/10, II: 7/30)

University of Alabama at Birmingham: dsracer9 (C:7/29, II: 8/17), DrDriven07 (C: 7/23, II: 8/17)

Last edited:
FIRST II! From Tri-I :')

Example

Legend:

University of Alabama at Birmingham: dsracer9 (C:7/29, II: 8/17), DrDriven07 (C: 7/23, II: 8/17)

Weill Cornell/Rockefeller/Sloan Kettering (Tri-I) DrDriven07 (C: 7/21, II: 8/4), mickmars51 (7/15, 8/18), NeuroImmunoMSTP (C: 7/27, II: 8/18), yibs (C: 7/30, II: 8/19)

• Love
University of Virginia!!

Example

Legend:

University of Virginia: mdphd63627 (C: 7/29, II: 8/20)

Weill Cornell/Rockefeller/Sloan Kettering (Tri-I) DrDriven07 (C: 7/21, II: 8/4), mickmars51 (7/15, 8/18), NeuroImmunoMSTP (C: 7/27, II: 8/18), yibs (C: 7/30, II: 8/19)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
University of Pittsburgh!!! It seems like their system is glitching, so they are sending out individual emails for now. Good luck everyone!!!!

Example

Legend:

University of Pittsburgh: aliceinscienceland (C: 7/16, II: 8/20)

• Love
NYU!

Example

Legend:

NYU: humoralhuman (C: 7/7; II: 8/23)

• Love
Wisconsin-Madison!!

Example

Legend:

University of Wisconsin-Madison: dsracer9 (C: 7/29, II: 8/23)

• Love
Texas a&m!

Example

Legend:

Texas A&M: misterjohndoe(C:7/19, II:7/30), mickmars51 (C: 8/6, II: 8/16), VaultArmitage(C: 8/12, II: 8/16), baz2020(8/x, ii: 8/23)

University of Wisconsin-Madison: dsracer9 (C: 7/29, II: 8/23)

Wisconsin!

Example

Legend:

Texas A&M: misterjohndoe(C:7/19, II:7/30), mickmars51 (C: 8/6, II: 8/16), VaultArmitage(C: 8/12, II: 8/16), baz2020(8/x, ii: 8/23)

University of Wisconsin-Madison: dsracer9 (C: 7/29, II: 8/23), larynxlady (C: 7/25, II: 8/23)

• Love
Rochester!

Example

Legend:

University of Rochester: MacroPhagoCytosis (C: 7/4, II: 8/24)

University of Wisconsin-Madison: dsracer9 (C: 7/29, II: 8/23), larynxlady (C: 7/25, II: 8/23)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
USF Morsani!

Now, I applied MD/PhD here, but you have to be accepted to MD first to interview for the PhD portion. Please remove this post if you think it isn't needed yet.

Example

Legend:

University of Rochester: MacroPhagoCytosis (C: 7/4, II: 8/24)

University of South Florida Morsani: mdphd63627 (C: 7/12, II: 8/24)