• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

2021-2022-NonTrad

2021-2022 MSTP Applicant
Jan 14, 2021
The time is slowly approaching, hopefully sooner rather than later. So I guess I’ll copy @jjame ’s interview invite post from last year:

We'll be there in a couple weeks or so, so copying @babykarat 's interview invite post from last year:

It's about that time of the cycle, so I figured I would copy @Lucca 's interview invite post from last year:

DO NOT ERASE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
1) Click quote on the most recent list
2) Delete the quote tags on the top and bottom
3) Add your user name, (complete date, interview invite date, interview date, any other pertinent info, and if needed, add the school name to the list
4) Enter the name(s) of the school(s) where you are adding data into the "Title" box (at the top) so that your changes can be easily located. Alphabetical order please.
5) Enter Submit and prepare for your interviews

Example
School: premed1 (C: 7/1 II: 7/2), premed2 (C: 7/2 II: 7/5), ...

Legend:
C: Complete
II: Interview Invite date
(Optional) IA: Interview Attendance date

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

kitkat08

Dec 14, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
So, when do MD/PhD interview invites start coming out in relation to MD invites? Starting to see some schools giving out MD invites, just curious what the timeline is like for MD/PhD

2021-2022-NonTrad

2021-2022 MSTP Applicant
Jan 14, 2021
So, when do MD/PhD interview invites start coming out in relation to MD invites? Starting to see some schools giving out MD invites, just curious what the timeline is like for MD/PhD
Historically, it looks like first or second week of August. I created this thread a little early, oops.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

kitkat08

Dec 14, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Do you mind if I ask where you already got an II from? also congrats!

kitkat08

Dec 14, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I am curious what you all think about interview strategies? If they give you several options, is it better to pick the earliest date or the latest date?

2021-2022-NonTrad

2021-2022 MSTP Applicant
Jan 14, 2021
I am curious what you all think about interview strategies? If they give you several options, is it better to pick the earliest date or the latest date?
Pick the date that works best for you. I think it matters less when you interview and more when you were offered the interview in regards to competitiveness

salmon98

Sep 8, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Depends on the school. If they accept people throughout the admissions cycle (WashU, Baylor, UChicago, etc), interview as early as possible. If they just have one decision date at the end of all interviews (Columbia, Hopkins, Yale, etc), chose the date that works best for you. This info is on most program websites. Also I would advice that your first ever interview is not your favorite program, as you will not be at top performance yet.

Reactions: 2 users

MarxistHegelian

2+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Depends on the school. If they accept people throughout the admissions cycle (WashU, Baylor, UChicago, etc), interview as early as possible. If they just have one decision date at the end of all interviews (Columbia, Hopkins, Yale, etc), chose the date that works best for you. This info is on most program websites. Also I would advice that your first ever interview is not your favorite program, as you will not be at top performance yet.
This is great advise. Thank you very much kind soul.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.