2021 NAPLEX Rates Coming Soon

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ugh, Rutgers below the national average pass rate for ACPE accredited schools. I didn't realize how far they'd fallen since I graduated. Hell my class caught crap for only being at a 96% pass rate.

I guess that snazzy new pharmacy building hasn't done much to attract top students.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Actually not entirely - University of New England has gone from 86% two years ago to 68% last year and then 58% this year, with the graduating student number dropping each year (97 to 83 to 67). That's a steep decline.

Husson is doing no better (90% to 69% over same period).

It appears there are one too many schools in Maine [perhaps two too many].
Yeah I don't get those numbers going down that fast and Massachusetts popping out close to 300 grads a year. Granted I don't know much about NE schools but it is apparently Mass or go south or west.

Oh! Great idea! So many great, er worst, contenders. I usually lose at these things, because I tend to ignore the statistics and go with my gut favorites. But I think all of the ones on my list will get an honorable mention, even if they don't win, er lose.

1) Chicago State (Dean Fete)
2) LECOM (Dean Ogden)
3) Chapman (Dean Jordan)
4) Palm Beach (Dean Lewis)
5) Touro (Dean Cohen)

1) 57%
2) 84%
3) 85%
4) 89%
5) 90%

Man, I was way off, I only picked one. Although let's be honest, these are all abysmal scores. My graduation class, granted that was LONG ago, but 98% passed.

I consider anything below 95% a failure of the school. I did a quick glance through, and only counted 19 schools that were 95% or higher. My alma mater has fallen considerably since my class. I am ashamed of their score. None of my children have any interest in pharmacy (at least so far), but I would tell them to steer clear of my alma mater considering their pass rates. How are these schools not completely shamed? How are their boards not demanding improvement? (I guess as long as money is being made their board doesn't care.) How are students not running from these schools with such low rates (I guess the same reason would be doctors go to Carribbean schools.) These scores are such an embarrassment to pharmacy.

If it were up to me, schools that scored below 90% 3years in a row, would their accreditation. I'd put them on probation or issue warnings if they fell below 95%.
These colleges are obviously doing a horrible job teaching students......and a big part of that, is that they are admitting students who aren't capable of learning enough to pass the board.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It's not so bad. My field has ~5% completion rate for people who passed the first exam. 1.8% for people who attempted the first exam. 56% is pretty decent.

I can't imagine what field you are in. I was thinking accounting, but the CPA has higher pass rates.

Here is the thing, Pharm D programs solely prepare students to be pharmacists. The pass rate really should be very close to 100% (there will always be illness or emotional stress from a situation in life that keeps the rate from 100%), but schools should not be graduating students who can not pass the NAPLEX, they should be failing them.

Whatever field you are in, I would imagine that your degree would allow you to work in that field in some capacity, even if you didn't pass your certification exam. Many degrees, like accounting, are broad and prepare people to work in several different areas of that field, and people can work in the field without having to pass a certain test. This is not true of pharmacy.

Ugh, Rutgers below the national average pass rate for ACPE accredited schools. I didn't realize how far they'd fallen since I graduated. Hell my class caught crap for only being at a 96% pass rate.

It is depressing. My school, and 2 other pharmacy schools that I had seriously considered, their scores are now in the 80's. :(
When I was looking at them, they were all high 90's. Even the established schools have fallen.

And CSU. Hampton will solve itself when students won't be allowed to take NAPLEX for only 1 more year. Thinking about this last night and the problem is money and poor oversight. ACPE needs to add an additional counseling fee underperforming or at risk schools. The fee would pay for a member of ACPE to help guide the school on admissions, curriculum, and others. This member would have a 12 month contract renewed anually or until the school is deem academically solvent. How about it Greg? Here is you another revenue stream idea you can claim as your own.

Well it's that time of the year again. No, I'm not talking about the Superbowl, Golden Globes or that special gift for Valentine's Day but instead its time for the NABP to publish their annual pass score rates later this month.

140+ schools will have the Class of 2020 numbers released and its time to test your prognostication skills. Schools boast their student's achievements if they are near the top but the more important ranking is who is the best of the worst. I have listed who I think will be the top 5 based on 1st time pass rates and their respective "leadership". I hope you will play along with at least with your top 3.

1. Larkin (Dean Levin)
2. CSU (Dean Fete)
3. West Coast (Dean Hassell)
4. Hampton (Dean Iyer)
5. St. Joe (Dean Henkle)
You absolutely nailed it.......got them almost right

Reactions: 1 users
Well it's that time of the year again. No, I'm not talking about the Superbowl, Golden Globes or that special gift for Valentine's Day but instead its time for the NABP to publish their annual pass score rates later this month.

140+ schools will have the Class of 2020 numbers released and its time to test your prognostication skills. Schools boast their student's achievements if they are near the top but the more important ranking is who is the best of the worst. I have listed who I think will be the top 5 based on 1st time pass rates and their respective "leadership". I hope you will play along with at least with your top 3.

1. Larkin (Dean Levin)
2. CSU (Dean Fete)
3. West Coast (Dean Hassell)
4. Hampton (Dean Iyer)
5. St. Joe (Dean Henkle)
Hey, I enjoyed your post from last year on NAPLEX pass rates, looking forward to another good conversation this year.

Appreciate it. I will start another thread in the coming weeks with my prognostication. Everybody be thinking about your top picks and we might even have a sleeper under 50%

Reactions: 2 users
I can't imagine what field you are in. I was thinking accounting, but the CPA has higher pass rates.

Here is the thing, Pharm D programs solely prepare students to be pharmacists. The pass rate really should be very close to 100% (there will always be illness or emotional stress from a situation in life that keeps the rate from 100%), but schools should not be graduating students who can not pass the NAPLEX, they should be failing them.

Whatever field you are in, I would imagine that your degree would allow you to work in that field in some capacity, even if you didn't pass your certification exam. Many degrees, like accounting, are broad and prepare people to work in several different areas of that field, and people can work in the field without having to pass a certain test. This is not true of pharmacy.
I know law has such a stipulation, including not being in the bottom third of pass rates per area. Does pharmacy have any rule against low pass rates and accreditation?