AZpath

7+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2012
Status
  1. Attending Physician
CAP has an updated CMS fee schedule for 2021.

Most common professional codes are cut 4%

RadsWFA1900

2+ Year Member
Jul 30, 2018
I think it’s really quite disingenuous and confusing to post that the MPFS had a 3.75% increase and yet the conversion factor is lower than what is was in 2020.

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads

Alteran

10+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2008
Border war zone
Status
  1. Attending Physician
And yet, somehow, CAP will claim this as a monumental achievement. I honestly don't know how other specialties advocate for their members, but ours is pretty worthless and much like anything else in the country, it's all about managed decline.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

Spikebd

10+ Year Member
May 2, 2010
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
And yet, somehow, CAP will claim this as a monumental achievement. I honestly don't know how other specialties advocate for their members, but ours is pretty worthless and much like anything else in the country, it's all about managed decline.
Some groups are just better and more aggressive when fighting over the scraps of the carcass.

RadsWFA1900

2+ Year Member
Jul 30, 2018
Some groups are just better and more aggressive when fighting over the scraps of the carcass.

Not Rads...they are touting the fact that the cuts are smaller and will be “phased in”. I guess if you’re close to retirement sure but for soe
One trying to maintain the viability of a practice I don’t find this comforting at all.

WEBB PINKERTON

10+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2010
Status
  1. Non-Student
You are supposed to make up for it with a magic increase in volume. Since the pandemic started our volumes are garbage. Missing those incidental-omas.

fecalith

2+ Year Member
Aug 26, 2018
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
You are supposed to make up for it with a magic increase in volume. Since the pandemic started our volumes are garbage. Missing those incidental-omas.
We must be one of the rare hospitals that other than the period of end of March-April, the volumes have been consistently up.

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
15+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2004
Status
  1. Attending Physician
We need to move to cash only.

Biopsy read: $99
IHC: $49.99
complete case $199.99
set up a payment portal, have an electronic tip jar, additional add on fees for things like consults etc.

Just get out of insurance for the day to day completely.

Reactions: 3 users

WEBB PINKERTON

10+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2010
Status
  1. Non-Student
Advertising would be key. So many physicians are in bed with their laboratory profiting from our work. The patient has no clue where the specimens are going. How do you break the bond and market directly to consumer? I love the physicians who act like they are fighting inflated lab prices through client billing only to mark the tests up themselves.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads