2021 PFS , Path PC cut 4%

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AZpath

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
CAP has an updated CMS fee schedule for 2021.

Most common professional codes are cut 4%

Members don't see this ad.

I think it’s really quite disingenuous and confusing to post that the MPFS had a 3.75% increase and yet the conversion factor is lower than what is was in 2020.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
And yet, somehow, CAP will claim this as a monumental achievement. I honestly don't know how other specialties advocate for their members, but ours is pretty worthless and much like anything else in the country, it's all about managed decline.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
And yet, somehow, CAP will claim this as a monumental achievement. I honestly don't know how other specialties advocate for their members, but ours is pretty worthless and much like anything else in the country, it's all about managed decline.
Some groups are just better and more aggressive when fighting over the scraps of the carcass.

Some groups are just better and more aggressive when fighting over the scraps of the carcass.

Not Rads...they are touting the fact that the cuts are smaller and will be “phased in”. I guess if you’re close to retirement sure but for soe
One trying to maintain the viability of a practice I don’t find this comforting at all.

You are supposed to make up for it with a magic increase in volume. Since the pandemic started our volumes are garbage. Missing those incidental-omas.

You are supposed to make up for it with a magic increase in volume. Since the pandemic started our volumes are garbage. Missing those incidental-omas.
We must be one of the rare hospitals that other than the period of end of March-April, the volumes have been consistently up.

We need to move to cash only.

Biopsy read: $99
IHC: $49.99
complete case $199.99
set up a payment portal, have an electronic tip jar, additional add on fees for things like consults etc.

Just get out of insurance for the day to day completely.

Reactions: 3 users
What's going to hold those prices at that level?

Advertising would be key. So many physicians are in bed with their laboratory profiting from our work. The patient has no clue where the specimens are going. How do you break the bond and market directly to consumer? I love the physicians who act like they are fighting inflated lab prices through client billing only to mark the tests up themselves.