2021 Residency Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bracketbuster68

Orthodontist
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying for residency this cycle and I have noticed multiple programs request you to directly mail them your NBDE results. What is the best way to do this? Can you send a single electronic copy of your scores to yourself and then send those out to various programs? Do you have to request multiple copies, each with a different organizational name and contact?

Members don't see this ad.

You should request multiple copies, as my understanding is that it has to come directly from NBDE to ensure the scores aren't doctored. Sucks as each copy is like $40 or something crazy like that!

You can submit a single official NBDE score report to PASS for $45 (this is what the majority of programs want even if their website seems to contradict this). You can find instructions somewhere in the PASS help pages. However, a few programs may also still want you to send one directly to them but this is not as common. It seems like a lot of programs don’t update their posted requirements year to year to reflect changes to PASS - it’s reasonable to send them an email to check.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone having issues requesting test scores from ADA? The portal to request on the website keeps giving me an error when the pop up window tries to load.

I'm applying for residency this cycle and I have noticed multiple programs request you to directly mail them your NBDE results. What is the best way to do this? Can you send a single electronic copy of your scores to yourself and then send those out to various programs? Do you have to request multiple copies, each with a different organizational name and contact?

I would email the director of the program to check if you really need to send the scores to them directly. Here's the link of how to send nbde results to adea pass program. Have you taken part 2 of the nbde?