2022 RCPSC Exam - Internal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

butterchicken

master palpator
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do I study for this thing? I just wrote ABIM — went ok. How does ABIM compare to the Royal exam?

I’m hearing a tonne of seemingly cooky stuff on these forums. There are secret past exams that are essential to passing?? Most takers study 4-8 hours per day for an entire year??

Uworld, coupled with a review of Canadian CPGs, is a good strategy, yeah?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi butter chicken. I'm having the same issue here.... seems like past exam is the secret to passing the exam!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I would also appreciate guidance on how to study for this exam; I have successfully passed ABIM boards but not sure which resources to use for Royal College.

I think using the IM review course is the best option.

Started flipping thru the lecture notes and they are pretty good. Using this is probably your best option. Obtaining the old exams for an IMG not in the Canadian residency programs is not a reality.

Hi there,
I am looking for someone to do questions /study together online for RCPC 2022 exam on feb28 and March 1.
I have been doing on my own so far and am based in canada . But studying alone sometimes speed decreases .
Is anyone keen ?

Hi there,
I am looking for someone to do questions /study together online for RCPC 2022 exam on feb28 and March 1.
I have been doing on my own so far and am based in canada . But studying alone sometimes speed decreases .
Is anyone keen ?

I would be interested in forming a study group. I think it would be more helpful for the oral exam though. But I would be interested either way.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone writing RSPC exams in 2023 ? Would be interested in forming a study group etc.

Anyone writing RSPC exams in 2023 ? Would be interested in forming a study group etc.

Hi Sabh, I am new to the site and this forum and still working through how to use this site.

I am planning to sit this exam in 2023. Will be happy to interact about this. Please message me.
Anyone else planning to take this exam in 2023 please also reach out if interested.

Thanks

Update. Passed RC. MCQ. The $900 review course is all you need.

Reactions: 2 users
I am looking for a study group IM - RCPC Exam 2023.

PM me if interested thanks

Hey guys, I am a Canadian and an IM PGY3 resident in the US. hoping to apply for MSM in Canada. So had a number of questions regarding that as far as the RCPSC exam goes:
1. Do you need to take the RCPSC exam prior to matching to fellowship?
2. When do Canadian residents taking their exam? During or after PGY3. In US, you take it after graduating.
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can I ask for people who have taken ABIM in the US and are planning to move to Canada why are you taking RC Internal Medicine examination instead of going down pathway A and working under an internist for a year to get a license? Is it because working somebody leads to limited licensure and taking the exam is leads to a more unrestricted license? I am just trying to understand this process and plan

Can I ask for people who have taken ABIM in the US and are planning to move to Canada why are you taking RC Internal Medicine examination instead of going down pathway A and working under an internist for a year to get a license? Is it because working somebody leads to limited licensure and taking the exam is leads to a more unrestricted license? I am just trying to understand this process and plan

The biggest reason I can think of is that you won't be limited to the scope of your supervisors practice, i.e. if they only do outpt you can only do outpt medicine. I have also been told that it allows for you to practice any fellowships you have completed in the USA but am not absolutely certain about that statement.

Any resources / study groups for internal medicine practical exam 2023? I would be interested in joining and contributing!

Hi, if anyone has any old questions, please DM me. Would be much appreciated! I'm taking the IM prep course but I am short on preparation time. Thank you!