2024 ADEA GoDental Recruitment Fair (in New Orleans)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Register at 2024 ADEA GODENTAL RECRUITMENT EVENT

Need help with the cost of getting to New Orleans?

1. Apply for ADEA Travel Assistance.
  2. Book your travel early and consider using Resiada—the official ADEA housing management company.
  3. Talk to friends and advisors to see who else may be attending to share housing and travel expenses. Spread the word by tagging @adeagodental on Twitter and Instagram.
  4. Ask your network for financial support.

Register for FREE today!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I am on the fence about attending as I don't know what to expect beyond the itinerary on the website (especially for the afternoon segment). I'm a 3 hour flight from New Orleans but I'm fairly sure I'll be able to get travel assistance. Should I take a chance and plan to go? I'll be applying this upcoming cycle.

I am on the fence about attending as I don't know what to expect beyond the itinerary on the website (especially for the afternoon segment). I'm a 3 hour flight from New Orleans but I'm fairly sure I'll be able to get travel assistance. Should I take a chance and plan to go? I'll be applying this upcoming cycle.
I don't speak for ADEA but I've attended these fairs in the past. If you have done absolutely no networking or have barely minimal attention from your prehealth advisor/s about your interest in dentistry, I'd go. If you are sure you would get travel assistance, I'd do it. They have really done a great job getting enough money so that the fair attendees are as geographically broad as possible. If you think you would qualify for FAP, do it.

Members don't see this ad :)
you didn't apply this cycle?

you didn't apply this cycle?
I did not! I wanted to gauge my stats at the time and I won't be done with school until the end of this year.

Following up: did you follow-up with my advice?
Did you go to any events hosted by ECU or UNC? These are the two schools most likely to give you a shot. Michigan may be good too though your GPA I think is on the average??? maybe lower?

Again, I think NC State has pretty good prehealth advising, so what feedback have you gotten? You may benefit from any insight they have.

the full itinerary is here:
and watch the videos available online to see what the afternoon event entails
should be on youtube and the adea site

though i agree with mr.smiles that you could spend your time/money on attending events at UNC and ECU and utilizing your prehealth/predental advising at nc state...

Following up: did you follow-up with my advice?
Did you go to any events hosted by ECU or UNC? These are the two schools most likely to give you a shot. Michigan may be good too though your GPA I think is on the average??? maybe lower?

Again, I think NC State has pretty good prehealth advising, so what feedback have you gotten? You may benefit from any insight they have.
I have! I've toured UNC and am slated to tour ECU this spring. At UNC I've attended a few more recruitment events + I'm actually on my last day of a 2 week observership with their oral surgery dept. I'm sitting in the resident room as I type this lol. Best shadowing experience ever

NC State USED to have a wonderful prehealth team. Committee letters and everything, but my advisor told me that shuttered ~10 years ago. Currently we have just one person who serves as both the pre-health and pre-law advisor for everyone... I met with her once two years ago when she first got the position and felt that the forums here would be a better help to me.

I have! I've toured UNC and am slated to tour ECU this spring. At UNC I've attended a few more recruitment events + I'm actually on my last day of a 2 week observership with their oral surgery dept. I'm sitting in the resident room as I type this lol. Best shadowing experience ever

NC State USED to have a wonderful prehealth team. Committee letters and everything, but my advisor told me that shuttered ~10 years ago. Currently we have just one person who serves as both the pre-health and pre-law advisor for everyone... I met with her once two years ago when she first got the position and felt that the forums here would be a better help to me.
Great! You should have some insights from the ASDA/SNDA students from those recruitment events. Don't hesitate to ask them questions addressing your concerns about your application.

As long as you subscribe to the ADEA GoDental newsletter/social media follows, and maybe watch some slightly older YouTube videos from past recruitment fairs, you won't miss too much... but if you are able to go to the in-person fair, great! If not, there should be a virtual recruitment fair in June soon after ADEA AADSAS opens. You could even follow specific schools' ASDA social media accounts.

Of course, whatever you do, also ask us! :)