2025-2026 Tufts

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a question for anyone who applied to the Maine track. Did you get a separate confirmation email for the Maine track? I submitted the separate Maine track application and then submitted the other application. I just want to make sure that they consider me for both programs!
 
When putting in your prereqs, should we write (online course) next to the classes that were remote during COVID or no? I’m concerned that any courses taken online might be seen negatively but some of my prereqs courses were only online.
 
I got a C+ in Organic Chemistry II my sophomore year. My overall GPA that semester was a 3.66 and I graduated with a 3.81. I didn't get any other grades below B+. Should I write about this in the Tufts academic challenges question? I don't feel the need to but don't want them to see it as a red flag if I don't address it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When putting in your prereqs, should we write (online course) next to the classes that were remote during COVID or no? I’m concerned that any courses taken online might be seen negatively but some of my prereqs courses were only online.
I wrote (online due to COVID-19) vs just (Online).

I did have one online stats class from before the pandemic so if you read it in context it is clear which ones my school was only offering online at the time.

I also called out courses that required exams to be taken in-person even if the delivery was online.
 
I got a C+ in Organic Chemistry II my sophomore year. My overall GPA that semester was a 3.66 and I graduated with a 3.81. I didn't get any other grades below B+. Should I write about this in the Tufts academic challenges question? I don't feel the need to but don't want them to see it as a red flag if I don't address it.
Hi! They're going to see the C+ in your primary so they might already see it as a red flag before they look at your secondary lol. If you can address your academic challenges resulting in the C+ and explain how you bounced back, however, that can work in your favor.
 
Is it even worth applying here as urm? The school seems to not be taking anymore urm's as it had a massive drop in 2024 cycle, only 4 black and hispanic students accepted. I'm seeing these massive drops in multiple schools I am applying to I honestly don't know why.
Screenshot 2025-07-26 at 9.21.18 AM.png
 
Is it even worth applying here as urm? The school seems to not be taking anymore urm's as it had a massive drop in 2024 cycle, only 4 black and hispanic students accepted. I'm seeing these massive drops in multiple schools I am applying to I honestly don't know why. View attachment 407078
Just something to think about is this data is for matriculants as opposed to acceptances, there are hundreds of accepted students who enroll elsewhere so this is not a complete picture on its own. Some of it is probably because of the affirmative action ruling but for all we know 2024 may have been a fluke, I wouldn't avoid applying based on this graph with only one year of data
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wonder how long the review process takes and when they are going to start sending out IIs.
 
I wanted to ask what some of you guys wrote for the additional comments question. I am struggling with what I could write about (as in I have a couple of topics I could discuss but I do not know which ones to go with), or if I should even write anything at all.
 
I wanted to ask what some of you guys wrote for the additional comments question. I am struggling with what I could write about (as in I have a couple of topics I could discuss but I do not know which ones to go with), or if I should even write anything at all.
For me, there were two things I wanted to talk about for #1 but they ask for a (singular) reason for applying to Tufts. So what I did for additional comments is I told a story that emphasized a strong skill of mine I wasn't able to touch on in my secondary which connected into a quick one liner about the second thing about Tufts I wanted to mention in prompt #1.

I ultimately approach additional comment essays as broad diversity essays and tell adcoms something interesting/strong about myself if I even decide to answer the prompt at all. If you feel comfortable sharing, what topics were you debating between?
 
For me, there were two things I wanted to talk about for #1 but they ask for a (singular) reason for applying to Tufts. So what I did for additional comments is I told a story that emphasized a strong skill of mine I wasn't able to touch on in my secondary which connected into a quick one liner about the second thing about Tufts I wanted to mention in prompt #1.

I ultimately approach additional comment essays as broad diversity essays and tell adcoms something interesting/strong about myself if I even decide to answer the prompt at all. If you feel comfortable sharing, what topics were you debating between?
Ah I see! Thank you! I appreciate the advice 😀
 
5. Tufts University School of Medicine is committed to social responsibility, and to serve and advocate for all people. Have you done substantial work or service that has contributed to societal good, or addressed social determinants of health, health equity, or social justice? (Yes/No)
What do they consider "substantial" work in service. Is there certain number of hours we should have in order to answer Yes?
 
The MSAR for Tufts says you need 3 credit hours worth of stats. Can anyone confirm on the II portal what it says? Don't want to pay to add Tufts if I can't apply...
 
The MSAR for Tufts says you need 3 credit hours worth of stats. Can anyone confirm on the II portal what it says? Don't want to pay to add Tufts if I can't apply...
Here is what the portal says:

Math:
Competency in the basic concepts of statistics. May be acquired through an introductory course in statistics, as a topic in a science or social science course, or through experience with a research project.


Hope this helps!!
 
Here is what the portal says:

Math:
Competency in the basic concepts of statistics. May be acquired through an introductory course in statistics, as a topic in a science or social science course, or through experience with a research project.


Hope this helps!!
Thank you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got a “You're Invited: Tufts University School of Medicine Graduate Programs Open House” email. Are we fr?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad