2026-2027 LSU New Orleans

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

New Orleans, LA Louisiana State University New Orleans School of Medicine Average GPAGPA 3.76 Average MCATMCAT 511 IS tuitionIS $32,937 OOS tuitionOOS $61,115 Application feeFee $50 LSU-NO Details Interview Feedback School Secondaries

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans - Class of 2031 (2026-2027 Application Cycle)

Thread Purpose: This is the official discussion thread for applicants to the Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans applying during the 2026-2027 admissions cycle (matriculating Class of 2031). Share interview invites, acceptances, waitlist updates, secondary questions, and connect with fellow applicants.

Who Should Use This Thread:
  • Applicants to LSU - New Orleans for Fall 2027 matriculation
  • Current applicants seeking information about the admissions process

Key Application Information:

📝 Secondary Essay Questions:
Secondary Essay Questions will be updated when available for this cycle. Review the LSU - New Orleans secondary essay prompts database for prompts from previous years: LSU - New Orleans Secondary Essay Prompts

🔗 Helpful Resources:

How to Use This Thread:
  • Post interview invites with date/time to help others track timeline
  • Share acceptance/waitlist/rejection updates
  • Ask questions about secondaries, interviews, or school culture
  • Connect with fellow applicants

Thread Guidelines:
  • Be respectful and supportive
  • Verify all information with official school sources
  • Use search function before asking repeat questions
  • Celebrate acceptances, support those still waiting

Good luck to all applying!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
once you submit secondary, where do you pay the fee? I dont see a place to pay. also it says my letters are not received but if I click on it it shows the they received my letters. anyone else having this issue?
 
Basically just got a big FU email from LSU. Not even getting a secondary lol
are you OOS? I am OOS with a lower mcat but high gpa and service oriented, and just got a secondary. I am wondering if they prescreen solely based on meeting metrics or if they do a more in-depth review. can I ask do you think its because of your stats?
 
once you submit secondary, where do you pay the fee? I dont see a place to pay. also it says my letters are not received but if I click on it it shows the they received my letters. anyone else having this issue?
you pay through the email they sent out they have a link to a payment portal. I also have the same issues with letters and even after paying it says I haven't paid so im not sure what is going on? im waiting to see if it takes a while for my payment to be received in the portal
 
are you OOS? I am OOS with a lower mcat but high gpa and service oriented, and just got a secondary. I am wondering if they prescreen solely based on meeting metrics or if they do a more in-depth review. can I ask do you think its because of your stats?
I’m OOS but I’m from Louisiana but I guess my stats weren’t high enough. Well I know lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
you pay through the email they sent out they have a link to a payment portal. I also have the same issues with letters and even after paying it says I haven't paid so im not sure what is going on? im waiting to see if it takes a while for my payment to be received in the portal
my payment was received but letters still not my letters. any update for you?
 
you pay through the email they sent out they have a link to a payment portal. I also have the same issues with letters and even after paying it says I haven't paid so im not sure what is going on? im waiting to see if it takes a while for my payment to be received in the portal
I ended up having to pay again— I checked my bank statements and it went through the second time.
 
U
anyone else not able to upload their ID onto the portal?
I had the same issue and searched the internet for the contact information for AMP… my license was shown under documents uploaded but not the “personal information” section. it resolved when I logged in on my phone rather than my laptop a few days.
 
Does anyone have the issue of not fulfilling biochem requirements due to their quarter system university. I only took one quarter of biochem which equates to 2.7 units but it needs 3. I am not able to submit my secondary because of this.
 
Congrats!!! Did you get an email when your 2 went under review or did they update on the portal thingy?
Thank you! I got an email a few days after submitted my S that was as follows:

This is to acknowledge that your application to LSU School of Medicine in New Orleans is now complete and under active consideration. You will be contacted by the Admissions Office when further action is taken on your application. Please note if you are invited to interview that can happen between now -March. Interview invitations go out monthly.

Applicants may call the Admissions Office on Thursdays between 2:00pm and 4:00pm to check your application status. If you have any questions you may email the Admissions Office at [email protected].

In addition, any coursework not reflected on your AMCAS application should be sent to the Admissions Office via separate transcripts. Any other application updates can be emailed to the Admissions office.

No other emails or portal updates until I received my II!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad