20AA/20TS Retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

inuhbreeze

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I recently took the DAT and scored a 20 AA, 20 TS, 22 BIO, 18 GC, 19 OC, 18 PAT, 21 RC, and 20 QR.

I am proud of my score, but I want to retake it because my GPA is on the lower end and I truly think I can do better (averages on Booster practice exams were slightly higher). However, I don't know how to go about retaking. I used Booster on my first try, so I guess I would have to use Bootcamp for this second try? But I never hear about people retaking it using Bootcamp.

Does anyone have any advice on how I should plan the retake?

Members don't see this ad.

I generally agree with your thoughts of not using the same resource twice in a row, especially considering you had a borderline score (by recent application standards). Although I may not be the best to speak on the use of either of those issues, have you considered also adding on the Destroyer/Math Destroyer? I think they would really help increase your (and anyone's) foundational knowledge of the material and really help boost up your score if you're willing to put in the work! It's much different than the other two, so it may give you a new perspective on the material. I swear by them still a few years later.

Best of luck with the retake! :)

Hi! I recently took the DAT and scored a 20 AA, 20 TS, 22 BIO, 18 GC, 19 OC, 18 PAT, 21 RC, and 20 QR.

I am proud of my score, but I want to retake it because my GPA is on the lower end and I truly think I can do better (averages on Booster practice exams were slightly higher). However, I don't know how to go about retaking. I used Booster on my first try, so I guess I would have to use Bootcamp for this second try? But I never hear about people retaking it using Bootcamp.

Does anyone have any advice on how I should plan the retake?
Congratulations on taking your DAT! Your score is nothing to scoff at, so definitely be proud of yourself.

Since you're saying that your GPA is a bit on the lower end, I'd definitely give it a retake. I had the same situation, where I studied the first time using a combination of Destroyer and DATBooster, scoring me a 19AA, 19TS. When I retook it, I used a combination of Destroyer and DAT Bootcamp, and scored a 21AA, 22TS. I definitely think Bootcamp is a much better resource for foundational knowledge, and combined with the very hard questions in the Destroyer, you can set yourself up for success.

Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user