211 on 24, pushing Step back

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Spectreman

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Step 1 is scheduled for next Monday. I got a 243 on UWSA1 a few days ago and then a 211 on NBME 24 yesterday. My NBME 21 and 22 were 196 and 203, beginning of dedicated about 4 days apart. I am just so beyond frustrated with all of this, but I am only 65% through my first pass of Uworld and I still haven’t done B&B/LightYear for Immuno. I did my own Anki’s and picmonic for immunodeficiency stuff, honestly it wasn’t my worst subject. Actually I didn’t really bottom out any particular topic on 24. I missed several neuro questions, which used to be one of my best subjects, but because of that I haven’t touched my personal Anki decks for it since last summer. I think a run through that will get me to stop missing those free points. I also missed several questions from stuff I had matured in Zanki, which is extremely frustrating. I had stopped doing Zanki during dedicated so I could do 2-3 blocks per day in Uworld, so now that stuff is fading. It’s another thing that makes me nervous about delaying, but I feel a 211 is just below my potential. I want at least a 230.

The rest of it I really just think I need to finish Uworld and give it another pass too. My plan would be to take COMLEX on the 21st and then Step during my family med rotation in Sept. I have 2 FM back to back and we take the OPP COMAT at the end of 2nd year so I don’t have to worry about that, just the FM COMAT after the 2nd FM block.

I’m super nervous about this plan, but my rotations are in a rural area and I just have to assume they’re going to be super chill.

Would really love any thoughts or whatever anyone has. Especially @AnatomyGrey12 since we’re at the same point in our education - except you’re crushing it.
 
Last edited:
Step 1 is scheduled for next Monday. I got a 243 on UWSA1 a few days ago and then a 211 on NBME 24 yesterday. My NBME 21 and 22 were 196 and 203, beginning of dedicated about 4 days apart. I am just so beyond frustrated with all of this, but I am only 65% through my first pass of Uworld and I still haven’t done B&B/LightYear for Immuno. I did my own Anki’s and picmonic for immunodeficiency stuff, honestly it wasn’t my worst subject. Actually I didn’t really bottom out any particular topic on 24. I missed several neuro questions, which used to be one of my best subjects, but because of that I haven’t touched my personal Anki decks for it since last summer. I think a run through that will get me to stop missing those free points. I also missed several questions from stuff I had matured in Zanki, which is extremely frustrating. I had stopped doing Zanki during dedicated so I could do 2-3 blocks per day in Uworld, so now that stuff is fading. It’s another thing that makes me nervous about delaying, but I feel a 211 is just below my potential. I want at least a 230.

The rest of it I really just think I need to finish Uworld and give it another pass too. My plan would be to take COMLEX on the 21st and then Step during my family med rotation in Sept. I have 2 FM back to back and we take the OPP COMAT at the end of 2nd year so I don’t have to worry about that, just the FM COMAT after the 2nd FM block.

I’m super nervous about this plan, but my rotations are in a rural area and I just have to assume they’re going to be super chill.

Would really love any thoughts or whatever anyone has. Especially @AnatomyGrey12 since we’re at the same point in our education - except you’re crushing it.

Yeah I would not try to push step in my rotations. Sorry. Thats just asking for trouble. You have something to gain and lots to lose. You have 10 days. 9 if you take the last day before step off. Make them count. Questions, questions, questions! Drop down on videos and anki. I took step last week and its nothing to be afraid of. Conquer Uworld and go take the test.
 
Yeah I would not try to push step in my rotations. Sorry. Thats just asking for trouble. You have something to gain and lots to lose. You have 10 days. 9 if you take the last day before step off. Make them count. Questions, questions, questions! Drop down on videos and anki. I took step last week and its nothing to be afraid of. Conquer Uworld and go take the test.
I was afraid you guys would say that. Guess it’s time to punch my PC ticket.