-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
22 y.o. today...
Started by delano2000
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
T
ThaiPharm
So, I'm 24 and there are people here who are 30 plus. This thread is kind of offensive don't you think?
you mean quarter-life crisis.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pfft...I was in 2nd grade when you were born.So I am 22 today and nearing mid-life crisis. Where does the time go? I can remember graduating from high school like it was yesterday.
Why the crisis?
So I am 22 today and nearing mid-life crisis. Where does the time go? I can remember graduating from high school like it was yesterday.
you mean quarter-life crisis.
Why the crisis?
Maybe because he realized he's at midlife at 22 so that means he only plans on living to 44?

Maybe because he realized he's at midlife at 22 so that means he only plans on living to 44?![]()
It would be sad if he only plans on living until 44.
I guess his idea of a mid-life crisis lasts relatively a long period of time.
Doesn't it usually hit you after you're married and raising kids?
dont worry, it'll all end in 2012, with all that earthquake/volcano/oil leak, we are getting close
Idiot Poster Award of May, 2010 right here.
So, I'm 24 and there are people here who are 30 plus. This thread is kind of offensive don't you think?
I'm 24, and the first post really is hurtful, but I'm seeing a therapist to deal with it.
you mean quarter-life crisis.
beat me to it
I assumed it was possibly your bday today, Delano.So I am 22 today and nearing mid-life crisis. Where does the time go? I can remember graduating from high school like it was yesterday.
**** With No Sense of Sarcasm of May, 2010 right here
That's something that would go on a shirt

**** With No Sense of Sarcasm of May, 2010 right here
Sarcasm doesn't convey in text easily. That's why emoticons and acronyms like LOL and ROFL came about.
If you want to be sarcastic, one of these:
helps, since we can't see your facial expression or detect a voice tone change like we could in person.And some people really do believe what you said. So you never know...
So I am 22 today and nearing mid-life crisis. Where does the time go? I can remember graduating from high school like it was yesterday.
I feel you. Its stressful! Sure I'm not married with kids and a mortgage, but I'm having to make all these gigantic decisions and it all came too soon! haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
to me, 35 is mid-life crisis because nobody really lives up to 100 anymore.
Lol maybe I just got the 2010 joke because I always say stuff like that on here. I don't really believe it, but you're right, there are people who do.
My great grandmother just passed away on my bday and she was 102 though.
My great grandmother just passed away on my bday and she was 102 though.
Oh wow I meant to say 2012 lol. I'm on my cell phone
Oh wow I meant to say 2012 lol. I'm on my cell phone
You can't edit your posts from your phone?

Btw, is there even a 2010 joke?

Pfft...I was in 2nd grade when you were born.
Ha! I've got you beat! I was graduating from high school when he was born! 😀
Now....since it is almost 9pm and I am almost 40 😴 😴
This thread = cluster****
Delano, didn't hear if you did or not, but did you get into pharmacy school? You have impressive stats.So I am 22 today and nearing mid-life crisis. Where does the time go? I can remember graduating from high school like it was yesterday.
I just noticed that another person thinks P4 is a chick...
A lot of people thought/think that I'm a dude. Let's switch lol 😛I just noticed that another person thinks P4 is a chick...
on another note, I wasn't even conceived/a ball of cells when delano was born..age is just a number 😉
I just noticed that another person thinks P4 is a chick...
If I was, my mother would be so much happier.
Sorry man, but I always thought you were female too until I saw someone else make a comment about how you're not. It's the picture that you can't really see....You need a close up photo with a big manly beard.If I was, my mother would be so much happier.
You need a close up photo with a big manly beard.
Wouldn't that be a stereotypical internet creeper?

Not all of us can grow a big beard.
Photoshop one on.Wouldn't that be a stereotypical internet creeper?
Not all of us can grow a big beard.
You can't edit your posts from your phone?
Btw, is there even a 2010 joke?![]()
I'm not sure... I don't like editing my posts too much though... I just let it ride.

Sorry man, but I always thought you were female too until I saw someone else make a comment about how you're not. It's the picture that you can't really see....You need a close up photo with a big manly beard.
That is his wife in the picture though... he already did the beard picture, M4 picture, and a picture with a camel. lol
I liked the camel one.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That is his wife in the picture though... he already did the beard picture, M4 picture, and a picture with a camel. lol
I remember the one with the camel.
The first time I noticed it was when we talked about Sparda and his racing

So I am 22 today and nearing mid-life crisis. Where does the time go? I can remember graduating from high school like it was yesterday.
I turn 22 next month. It's a weird time in life right now. You feel young and old at the same time lol. Especially now that I am starting pharmacy school...it's just anxiety about the future. Just take 1 day at a time and enjoy each day.
Happy Birthday! 🙂
I turn 22 next month. It's a weird time in life right now. You feel young and old at the same time lol. Especially now that I am starting pharmacy school...it's just anxiety about the future. Just take 1 day at a time and enjoy each day.
Happy Birthday! 🙂
Enjoy it while you can! At 22 all I had to do was workout a couple times a week while eating whatever I wanted and still had abs! Fast forward 5 years and now I have to watch what I eat and workout alot more just to keep my physique relatively decent
T
ThaiPharm
I'm 24, and the first post really is hurtful, but I'm seeing a therapist to deal with it.
I recently got rejected by 14 out of 15 schools (Hilo hasn't sent the rejection letter yet). You think I'm not hurting? Well, I did apply without a degree. Still, just trying and know you know what it takes, then failing still has an affect on you. However, I'm not gonna ****ing give up. I have what it takes for pharmacy, if those schools want a ****ing degree, I'll give it to them.
For those who are waiting to get in...Just tough it out and enjoy the ride...Easier said than done, I know. But just do it!
Delano, didn't hear if you did or not, but did you get into pharmacy school? You have impressive stats.
Thank you. I decided to hold off on applying because of some major issues with the Biology that I took. Took a full year of the wrong Bio class which really was a school error. I will be applying this year however.
Thanks for the birthday wishes. Also, it was not my intention to hurt anyone's feelings with my thread. My sincere apologies. It was meant more as a joke than as an insult. 🙂
Find a girl, get married, have a baby.
Thats what people I know are doing! All right out of college!
And deal with pharmacy school on top of that?
I know classmates who have done it, but I can tell they're usually busy most of the time.
And deal with pharmacy school on top of that?
I know classmates who have done it, but I can tell they're usually busy most of the time.
kids = no life
All my co-workers say "take your time" and "don't rush" ...Im definitely going to heed their advice
I liked the camel one.
Me too... that's the one he had when I first joined SDN and I normally remember people's 1st avatars the best for some reason (I guess it's the primacy and 'recency' effect).
I turn 22 next month. It's a weird time in life right now. You feel young and old at the same time lol. Especially now that I am starting pharmacy school...it's just anxiety about the future. Just take 1 day at a time and enjoy each day.
Happy Birthday! 🙂
I just turned 23 two weeks ago. NOT FUN. I was sad when I turned 20 actually because I wanted to stay a teenager. lol
Thank you. I decided to hold off on applying because of some major issues with the Biology that I took. Took a full year of the wrong Bio class which really was a school error. I will be applying this year however.
So have you decided where you're going to apply since the cycle is starting up again soon? Are you going to stay in Texas mainly or have you found some other schools you like as well?
Find a girl, get married, have a baby.
Thats what people I know are doing! All right out of college!

So have you decided where you're going to apply since the cycle is starting up again soon? Are you going to stay in Texas mainly or have you found some other schools you like as well?
I have looked at some other ones outside of Texas. I will be applying to maybe 2 or 3 California schools. Hopefully I won't run into any issues for this app cycle.
I have looked at some other ones outside of Texas. I will be applying to maybe 2 or 3 California schools. Hopefully I won't run into any issues for this app cycle.
What about my school? It would be about 9 1/2 hours away for you.
I dunno what you think of Arkansas though.
I have looked at some other ones outside of Texas. I will be applying to maybe 2 or 3 California schools. Hopefully I won't run into any issues for this app cycle.
HEY-OOOO! Which schools? 🙂
HEY-OOOO! Which schools? 🙂
Looking at UoP, Pacific Univ., UCSF (maybe), OU, about 2 Texas schools and Univ. of Arkansas.
What about my school? It would be about 9 1/2 hours away for you.
I dunno what you think of Arkansas though.
I have an ex that is from Arkansas, but yes, that is one of the schools I am looking into as well.
Why not Touro? I work with a couple of graduates from there and they speak highly of the 2+2 (2 years of didactic then 2 years of practicum) as a unique approach. Vallejo kind of sucks, but so does Stockton, so I know that isn't a factor.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why not Touro? I work with a couple of graduates from there and they speak highly of the 2+2 (2 years of didactic then 2 years of practicum) as a unique approach. Vallejo kind of sucks, but so does Stockton, so I know that isn't a factor.
If memory serves me right, don't they require a Bachelors? I do not think I will have my bachelors by this time next year.
If memory serves me right, don't they require a Bachelors? I do not think I will have my bachelors by this time next year.
Ah, yea you have to have a 4 year degree before the orientation.
Bummer =-/
Ah, yea you have to have a 4 year degree before the orientation.
Bummer =-/
Yea I figured that much. I checked the school out a while ago but remember seeing that. I am at a university but it would take me at least a year and half to get my degree. I was looking at UoP and I can't believe their tuition is so freaking expensive. I think I saw like 50k.😱
Yea I figured that much. I checked the school out a while ago but remember seeing that. I am at a university but it would take me at least a year and half to get my degree. I was looking at UoP and I can't believe their tuition is so freaking expensive. I think I saw like 50k.😱
Yea, total CoA is ~77k for this coming year. I am going to be shave a lot of it off by living in my parent's old house that they never use anymore and finding car-pool folks in North Stockton... along with frugal eating habits (Which will be hard for me). But I don't expect to drop it by too much. Probably up paying about 63k x2 years then the third year it drops to approximately 50k.
Yea, total CoA is ~77k for this coming year. I am going to be shave a lot of it off by living in my parent's old house that they never use anymore and finding car-pool folks in North Stockton... along with frugal eating habits (Which will be hard for me). But I don't expect to drop it by too much. Probably up paying about 63k x2 years then the third year it drops to approximately 50k.
That is freaking crazy. At least its an accelerated program but I still think they have every other school beat in terms of tuition costs.