23-24 Applications Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scaredpredent

Reaction score
Hi! I am currently a 3+3 predent at University of the Pacific.
my gpa is 3.8 my science gpa is 3.73
i just took the dAT the second time and i got 19 AA
(23 pat/21 Qr/19 RC/20 bio/18 oc/18 gc)
the first time I got (18 in bio 22 in pat and rc and 21 in qr)
I was wondering if you guys thought i should retake my dat aug 22 or apply early july with my stats.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I am currently a 3+3 predent at University of the Pacific.
my gpa is 3.8 my science gpa is 3.73
i just took the dAT the second time and i got 19 AA
(23 pat/21 Qr/19 RC/20 bio/18 oc/18 gc)
the first time I got (18 in bio 22 in pat and rc and 21 in qr)
I was wondering if you guys thought i should retake my dat aug 22 or apply early july with my stats.
i thought if you apply to other schools, you lose your spot at UOP?

i thought if you apply to other schools, you lose your spot at UOP?
no you’re allowed to apply to other schools. you just have an “advantage” for dugoni. but they are starting to increase the class sizes after my year because i think they are getting rid of the program

Members don't see this ad :)
I am leaning towards applying early in July and seeing where it gets you.

August 22nd is two months away, I would re-take it if you have enough prep time at this point and improving to the score you want to achieve.

I am leaning towards applying early in July and seeing where it gets you.

August 22nd is two months away, I would re-take it if you have enough prep time at this point and improving to the score you want to achieve.
even if it means applying late? i know i can apply without scores, but they won’t really consider my application without scores

are you sure you can improve?
that’s the thing. i barely studied the first time and i got that score. this time i studied hella and then i barely improved. also the dat had much harder content the second time. so it was a bit unmotivating to see such little improvement with actual effort

that’s the thing. i barely studied the first time and i got that score. this time i studied hella and then i barely improved. also the dat had much harder content the second time. so it was a bit unmotivating to see such little improvement with actual effort
you only get 3 chances before you have to petition, so choose wisely

so you've only completed 2 years of undergrad?
if i were an adcom, i'd be hesitant to offer a spot to a 20 yo with those dat scores...

you only get 3 chances before you have to petition, so choose wisely

so you've only completed 2 years of undergrad?
if i were an adcom, i'd be hesitant to offer a spot to a 20 yo with those dat scores...
ok that makes sense do you think it’s possible to send my app now with my current scores and then retake without submitting my new scores or letting them know i’m retaking ….

Where would you apply? State residency? Networking?
i live in california so i’m thinking of applying to schools in california so dugoni (ofc), loma linda, western university, ucla (but idt i can get in w this dat…)
and then out of state are ohsu, midwestern, maybe somewhere east coast?
idk what networking is ..

ok that makes sense do you think it’s possible to send my app now with my current scores and then retake without submitting my new scores or letting them know i’m retaking ….
i said this previously-
"so you've only completed 2 years of undergrad?
if i were an adcom, i'd be hesitant to offer a spot to a 20 yo with those dat scores..."

i said this previously-
"so you've only completed 2 years of undergrad?
if i were an adcom, i'd be hesitant to offer a spot to a 20 yo with those dat scores..."
i see i see. if you indicate you are retaking the dat on your app, do you know if they still hold off on looking at it until the retake is in?

i see i see. if you indicate you are retaking the dat on your app, do you know if they still hold off on looking at it until the retake is in?
if you indicate retake, they will hold off pending your new scores...

Reactions: 1 users