230 Possible with this record?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kboy2

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all

So heres my track record

NBME 7 End of june: 211
NBME 11 End of July: 217
NBME 12 August 10: 230
UWSA 1 August 11: 240
NBME 15 August 17: 232

UW First lap, random timed: high 50's%
UW Second lap, in progress: Mid 70's%

Exam is in second week of September.

Resources: FA (Annotated to hell w/ Uworld, and 1/2 of Kaplan Qbank)
Pathoma: Annotated from videos + Some course material
UW

The biggest fear I am having is this: My strengths and weaknesses are varying between each NBME. Sometimes I am VERY good at a certain subject, other times I am below avg. It is making 'targeting my weaknesses a real mess.

Any input/thoughts to counter this, and get my NBME 16 to be a 240? I want to have some buffer from my NBME scores to the real deal, because Im sure the day of I am going to make silly mistakes.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The only thing I can think is more times looking through if you can not identify a weak area. I knew I needed more help in Biochem and Micro so I studied that hard the last day. The real deal is not much different in terms of the later NBMEs and UW. It just had experiments that were hard to figure out and then stuff I had never seen. The usual pelvic anatomy, incontinence, some other anatomy stuff I never studied. Also, I had 10-15 questions on pregnant ladies at least. That is probably my least favorite thing. I was just like not again. Then, there are the what should you do next questions that can seem like they have 2 answers. Everything you read in the experiences thread is true. I do not think I failed but I surely did not get that 240+ average either. I will do an official write up once I have my grade back and I can deal with it some. Time was not a problem for me though.